• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nice Planet 17: I Need a Cold ****ty Beer to Deal with You ***holes

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    Continues to be a great week for women in India

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-50684475
    Wedding violence is a common phenomenon in certain parts of the country, where many guests carry guns - mostly to fire in the air to celebrate the occasion.
    I wonder how you say "Yee-haw!" in Hindi?

Comment

This is nothing new in India. We have a large team in India at my work, which many places do of course. They clearly struggle with the onshore female managers, directors, and VPs at times. They've taken my instruction at face value after questioning our director's. She's a few rungs up the ladder from me, and they know it.
      the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
        This is nothing new in India. We have a large team in India at my work, which many places do of course. They clearly struggle with the onshore female managers, directors, and VPs at times. They've taken my instruction at face value after questioning our director's. She's a few rungs up the ladder from me, and they know it.
        Truth.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
          We have a large team in India at my work, which many places do of course. They clearly struggle with the onshore female managers, directors, and VPs at times.
          Same.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
            Same.
            I had to be in a promotional video at work and an Indian lead told me that the people in India would find it funny and goofy that females are participating.

I do not like him.

Comment

I had to be in a promotional video at work and an Indian lead told me that the people in India would find it funny and goofy that females are participating.

I do not like him.
              They are medieval at best when it comes to gender equality.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

I've witnessed it happen just within the past few months. Our India dev team has many issues with quality control. Female senior manager (onshore) told their associate manager to come up with ideas for fixing it. After over a month he came back with one idea, and it was basically a throwaway idea and a request for more hours of pre-dev analysis.

Comment

Continues to be a great week for women in India

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-50684475
                  I'll bet that one's not boy/girl, it's rich/poor. You shoot the help because they're insects, not because they're chicks.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Oh cmon, like no one else here shot a wedding guest because they stopped dancing. When I say the reception ends at 10, it's ****ing mandatory.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                    Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                      We have some that buck that trend, but it does show up like I already mentioned. The people in Bengaluru seem to be a bit more progressive than those in Chennai, but only just. We had some of the ELG go over there recently. They all thought a male director was the head-honcho of the delegation, ignoring the female chief administrative officer. I'm sure that was awkward.
                      the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                        I'll bet that one's not boy/girl, it's rich/poor. You shoot the help because they're insects, not because they're chicks.
                        Well, now you're talking most of the world.

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                          Oh cmon, like no one else here shot a wedding guest because they stopped dancing. When I say the reception ends at 10, it's ****ing mandatory.
                          Dx, take note!

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                            I work with several people from India and none seem to have problems working on research projects for female principal investigators

Comment

• Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                              Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                              I work with several people from India and none seem to have problems working on research projects for female principal investigators
                              I've seen both. I wonder if it's a regional, generational, or some combination (kinda like MAGA).

At an old company, two coworkers around my age (Oregon Trail Generation), who had their family immigrate when they were young, treated women with respect and were not rude at all.
                              New company, worked with two older solidly Gen-x who immigrated with family in the 90's and they treated women like dirt. Catcalled women in public like it was natural, rude comments about them (right in front of them) didn't think female construction testing women knew anything, just general disregard for any female.

One of the inspectors was on a construction project that involved us talking to residents in the neighborhood frequently. The Resident Engineer explicitly told him that of he was caught being rude to any woman, he would be fired, so he purposely stayed away from women on that project.
                              “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post
                                I've seen both. I wonder if it's a regional, generational, or some combination (kinda like MAGA).

At an old company, two coworkers around my age (Oregon Trail Generation), who had their family immigrate when they were young, treated women with respect and were not rude at all.
                                New company, worked with two older solidly Gen-x who immigrated with family in the 90's and they treated women like dirt. Catcalled women in public like it was natural, rude comments about them (right in front of them) didn't think female construction testing women knew anything, just general disregard for any female.

One of the inspectors was on a construction project that involved us talking to residents in the neighborhood frequently. The Resident Engineer explicitly told him that of he was caught being rude to any woman, he would be fired, so he purposely stayed away from women on that project.
                                In my case most of them are now in their 30s and went to grad school in the U.S.

One interesting thing out of two that were roughly the same age one married a girl he met here, another did an arranged marriage back in India
                                Last edited by BassAle; 12-08-2019, 08:57 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X