X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nice Planet 17: I Need a Cold ****ty Beer to Deal with You ***holes

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    No, I don't think so. She's basically "both sides-ing" in the way that Hillary does worst, and I agree with Kep she should just stay away from such questions altogether. She does neither side any favors with these mealy-mouthed, "Well, it's complicated" type answers.

In a way, she's right. My perception is that the whole TERF thing is mostly generational - older people, in this case older feminists, feeling threatened by cultural change ("What happened to us man-hating lesbian feminists Rush Limbaugh used to feel threatened by!?") and getting cranky about it is nothing new. In an era without the Internet, they'd have little to no platform to express and spread their little bigotries, but such in the price of technological progress.
    Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
    She just needs to be quiet. Stay home and blow bubba. Let it dribble down her blue muumuus
    You do recall she came around on gay marriage because of "electoral necessity," right? And it may not sound TERF-y to you, but when she says "trans issues cause legitimate concern to women," I rang the TERF bell.
    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
    Patreon for exclusive writing content
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
      You do recall she came around on gay marriage because of "electoral necessity," right? And it may not sound TERF-y to you, but when she says "trans issues cause legitimate concern to women," I rang the TERF bell.
      Do you know that for sure? Does that put Obama in a similar classification? He didn’t come around until 2008 or 2010. I can’t remember.

Everyone* evolves and does so for different reasons. Reasons are important sometimes but are also secondary. The important thing is the evolution.

I do think you have a point about her statement. It has problems but it depends on the context and intent. If it’s because she thinks trans people are scary and will assault women or they aren’t women, yeah, that’s bad. But I think Kep and Fade explained that better.
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
        Do you know that for sure? Does that put Obama in a similar classification? He didn’t come around until 2008 or 2010. I can’t remember.
        Yes, of course both of them came around for electoral reasons. They are politicians. They do everything for electoral reasons. Their mindset is their political persona.

Last edited by Kepler; 11-14-2019, 12:19 PM.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Well OK then.
          Cornell University
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Ain't free speech grand?

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
              but when she says "trans issues cause legitimate concern to women,"
              I know some women would be uncomfortable sharing a locker room with you at least until you’ve had bottom surgery — including many that would otherwise consider themselves your ally. I’m not sure if she meant things like that. It’s going to take some people a while to wrap their head around the fact that having a ***** doesn’t mean someone is a man.

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                I know some women would be uncomfortable sharing a locker room with you at least until you’ve had bottom surgery — including many that would otherwise consider themselves your ally. I’m not sure if she meant things like that. It’s going to take some people a while to wrap their head around the fact that having a ***** doesn’t mean someone is a man.
                I have to admit, that'd be weird. Same with a woman who trans-ed to a man in a men's locker room; all the hair/pecs/etc, but no bottom part. It's unfamiliar, and goes against everything most of us have been brought up with. I don't say that with malice, not one bit. It's just very unfamiliar territory, and as humans, we generally are uncomfortable with change. It takes getting used to.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                  Ain't free speech grand?
                  But don't call them Nazis...or else!

Comment

I stopped caring about which bathroom/locker room someone uses when I had a coworker come out as trans male, then I quit for another firm (in no way due to that guy), and started working on projects with a trans woman who is from New York and has lost none of her Lawn Guyland-ness despite the transition (probably 15-20 years ago for her now).

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                      I have to admit, that'd be weird. Same with a woman who trans-ed to a man in a men's locker room; all the hair/pecs/etc, but no bottom part. It's unfamiliar, and goes against everything most of us have been brought up with. I don't say that with malice, not one bit. It's just very unfamiliar territory, and as humans, we generally are uncomfortable with change. It takes getting used to.
                      Americans are a different shade taliban.
                      As mookie has travelled, only in the Middle East and far west Middle East () does one need a same sexer to clean the John. Asia and Europe have broads cleaning the men’s room in a most professional manner. Dudes now know how to just pee or poo and not get worked up whipping it out in front of them. Adults can adult.
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                        Americans are a different shade taliban.
                        As mookie has travelled, only in the Middle East and far west Middle East () does one need a same sexer to clean the John. Asia and Europe have broads cleaning the men’s room in a most professional manner. Dudes now know how to just pee or poo and not get worked up whipping it out in front of them. Adults can adult.
                        The Puritan stain is still on us.
                        Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                          A significant part of our brain disease came up through that root.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                            My only HS teacher with a PhD taught AP American History. He was famous for his emphasis on the Puritans and assigned a research paper on them each year that was due right before Thanksgiving. We then got around to less important topics like the Revolutionary War, US Constitution, slavery, Civil War, etc. We had only made it up to the start of WW1 on the day of the AP exam.

But he was smart to focus on the Puritans - their stench really does permeate nearly all facets of American life, from our excessive work ethic, to our punitive justice system, to our extreme hang ups with sex and drugs, etc.
                            If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
                              My only HS teacher with a PhD taught AP American History. He was famous for his emphasis on the Puritans and assigned a research paper on them each year that was due right before Thanksgiving. We then got around to less important topics like the Revolutionary War, US Constitution, slavery, Civil War, etc. We had only made it up to the start of WW1 on the day of the AP exam.
                              I don't think I ever had an American History class at any level (elementary, middle, high school) make it past, like, 1900.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                              iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                              gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                              Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                              Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                              TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                              DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by LynahFan View Post

But he was smart to focus on the Puritans - their stench really does permeate nearly all facets of American life, from our excessive work ethic, to our punitive justice system, to our extreme hang ups with sex and drugs, etc.
                                You made it past the industrial revolution before the test? Cripes. I had to study on my own, which our teacher warned us about. He was fantastic though. Focused on the right parts.

I was only one of three kids to pass. All that time in front of the History Channel was worth something. Now? Lol!!!!!!
                                Code:
                                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                                Originally posted by SanTropez
                                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                                Originally posted by Kepler
                                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Working...
                                X