Clear All

• Re: Nice Planet 17: I Need a Cold ****ty Beer to Deal with You ***holes

TFCS then. Fine.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
      Well, that and the fact that “alternative lifestyle” is basically like saying “colored boy” now. It’s just not appropriate anymore.

I don’t think Rube meant any malice by it. I know he didn’t.
      Thank you. What term to use then (honest)? LGBQT+ want to be recognized as such..."lifestyle" is out, so...

And using the voting thing, heh, I didn't vote FOR the haters, either, and as you all know, in MN, we haven't voted R Prez for a long, long, long time. So shove that voting argument up your arse.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

It’s not just about prez. We’ve had R reps at all levels in the last decade. Those are really important races too. Or else we’ll nearly go bankrupt again like t-paw did

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
          It’s not just about prez. We’ve had R reps at all levels in the last decade. Those are really important races too. Or else we’ll nearly go bankrupt again like t-paw did
          I wanted Chris Coleman. Met him on some PR tour of the west metro, asked him some things, I got the feeling he was the right guy, but then he dropped out. There was just something about him that did say "working class." Something you can't fake, even if you're really really good.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
            Thank you. What term to use then (honest)? LGBQT+ want to be recognized as such..."lifestyle" is out, so...

And using the voting thing, heh, I didn't vote FOR the haters, either, and as you all know, in MN, we haven't voted R Prez for a long, long, long time. So shove that voting argument up your arse.
            Just say LGBTQ community. Or something to that effect. It’s not a lifestyle since our currently accepted understanding is that it’s genetic. Lifestyle is obviously something you choose. RuPaul doing drag is a lifestyle. RuPaul being gay (or bi, I have absolutely no idea) is not.
            Code:
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post

What term to use? How about “person”? Or “citizen”? Or “friend”? If someone has a need to identify in a certain way, let that be up to him. You shouldn’t need to choose a label for them just to make yourself more comfortable.
              If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
                What term to use? How about “person”? Or “citizen”? Or “friend”? If someone has a need to identify in a certain way, let that be up to him. You shouldn’t need to choose a label for them just to make yourself more comfortable.
                And I am asking what ID to use, thankyouverymuch.

And thanks, DX. While I despise the term "community" (for anything; film, craft beer, biking, whatever) if that's what is the chosen term, I'll use it.

Comment

RuPaul is a bad example. He doesn't care what pronoun you use.
                  the state of hockey is good

Comment

I’m seeing this go around, so I will help to normalize pronoun discussion as well! ❤️

•she/her: YES
                    •he/him: no, absolutely not
                    •they/them: no
                    •mr.: no, absolutely not
                    •mx.: no
                    •ms.: I prefer Miss/Ms. (my nickname is Miss Thundercat, after all).
                    •dude, bro, my guy, sir, boy, lad, etc: I hate it when co-workers call me "dude."
                    •pal, anything gender neutral: buddy is good, bestie is good, BFF is fine too.
                    •prince, king: Oh HELL no.
                    •queen, sis, gurl, girl, any other feminine thing: Queen is awesome (remember, I don't need a crown to make myself a queen). Sister/Aunt/Mom is wonderful. I don't like "gurl," but "girl" is fine. "B-tch" will be met with "just took a DNA test...."
                    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                    Patreon for exclusive writing content
                    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                      I’m seeing this go around, so I will help to normalize pronoun discussion as well! ❤️

•she/her: YES
                      •he/him: no, absolutely not
                      •they/them: no
                      •mr.: no, absolutely not
                      •mx.: no
                      •ms.: I prefer Miss/Ms. (my nickname is Miss Thundercat, after all).
                      •dude, bro, my guy, sir, boy, lad, etc: I hate it when co-workers call me "dude."
                      •pal, anything gender neutral: buddy is good, bestie is good, BFF is fine too.
                      •prince, king: Oh HELL no.
                      •queen, sis, gurl, girl, any other feminine thing: Queen is awesome (remember, I don't need a crown to make myself a queen). Sister/Aunt/Mom is wonderful. I don't like "gurl," but "girl" is fine. "B-tch" will be met with "just took a DNA test...."
                      If she's younger than me, I go with "Miss." Otherwise it's Ms or Ma'am (friends only). Strangers, I don't use Ms. (sidenote: BIG discussion a couple weeks ago with the female beertenders about "Miss," and "Ma'am." They HATE IT. All are about 30ish years old).

And MX? WTeff? Who thinks that up? I would never.

Pal, buddy, etc....that seems demeaning, no matter who you are.

Comment

And one more thing, rube... call us human. There's so much about me that I can't be simply defined as the T in LGBT. Being trans is a very small part. I admit, I was desperate to be seen in the beginning, not any more. Now it's supposedly "transgender awareness month." Truth is, I think we're past "awareness," and it's time to move to full on acceptance.

"I am a human, and I'm a god **** human being/I walk erect..."- Denis Leary
                        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
                          This is a better answer than mine
                          Code:

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                            If she's younger than me, I go with "Miss." Otherwise it's Ms or Ma'am (friends only). Strangers, I don't use Ms. (sidenote: BIG discussion a couple weeks ago with the female beertenders about "Miss," and "Ma'am." They HATE IT. All are about 30ish years old).

And MX? WTeff? Who thinks that up? I would never.

Pal, buddy, etc....that seems demeaning, no matter who you are.
                            Oh, I'm so glad you asked. The story of Mx.

Comment

I’ll be honest, I hate “they/them”

That’s plural. Find a different pronoun set.
                              Code:

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                                I’ll be honest, I hate “they/them”

That’s plural. Find a different pronoun set.
                                History of the singular they.

Comment

Working...
                                X