X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nice Planet 17: I Need a Cold ****ty Beer to Deal with You ***holes

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
    I like how, if it furthers or can be used in the political rantings of some of you, that it never seems to occur to you that any of these murders might just be a run of the mill "boyfriend kills lover" scenario that happens across all races, religions and political creeds. That maybe we should wait and see if there was a prior relationship between the two, wait and see if a motive is developed, wait and see if the perp gives us a clue as to why he did it. Nope. It's the GOP that killed her.

And you wonder why with thinking and logic and posting like that I want no part of you guys?
    You don't understand at all. It's not that every killing of a black or a trans is done by the GOP. I'm sure it's only a tiny percentage. The point is you guys made it a mission statement to enrage the apes who dream of doing things like that. The rest of the civilized world has been trying to tamp down those monsters for hundreds of years. That's what civilization is. You saw an electoral opportunity in sucking them off and reassuring them that they should let their fascist flag fly. The Republicans are the biggest free riders in history: they're consuming all the moral capital the good people in this country fought and died for since its founding.

That's so cynical and hateful and morally bankrupt it would be amazing if we hadn't had the last 40 years of Republican behavior to teach us what the Right really is. You put kids in cages and then you employ casuistries to look at yourself in the mirror without spewing. Your political class is actively and deliberately destroying democracy and the rule of law and you horse laugh about it and tell people they're hysterical.

If you're OK with that then something is wrong with you.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      You don't understand at all. It's not that every killing of a black or a trans is done by the GOP. I'm sure it's only a tiny percentage. The point is you guys made it a mission statement to enrage the apes who dream of doing things like that. The rest of the civilized world has been trying to tamp down those monsters for hundreds of years. That's what civilization is. You saw an electoral opportunity in sucking them off and reassuring them that they should let their fascist flag fly. The Republicans are the biggest free riders in history: they're consuming all the moral capital the good people in this country fought and died for since its founding.

That's so cynical and hateful and morally bankrupt it would be amazing if we hadn't had the last 40 years of Republican behavior to teach us what the Right really is. You put kids in cages and then you employ casuistries to look at yourself in the mirror without spewing. Your political class is actively and deliberately destroying democracy and the rule of law and you horse laugh about it and tell people they're hysterical.

So, if by your own admission it's very unlikely this was related to the GOP, you still think it's acceptable to use the tragedy of a person's death to make your own political point about the "tiny percentage" of cases?
      That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

And we're outpacing last year's rate. With the rhetoric spewing from the far right, more hate crimes have occurred against my community. There's a reason I seldom go out alone.
        Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
        Patreon for exclusive writing content
        Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

So, if by your own admission it's very unlikely this was related to the GOP, you still think it's acceptable to use the tragedy of a person's death to make your own political point about the "tiny percentage" of cases?
          Whoosh.
          Cornell University
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Whoosh.
            Was the question too hard?
            That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

I know you and Kep are having a lover's spat right now, but pay attention:

Hovey, 19 trans people have been murdered so far this year, and we're still in September. Last year at Transgender Day of Remembrance, we mourned 22 or 23. At this rate, we're going to eclipse that number, and I fear we're going to reach 25-30, mostly trans women of color. While this particular murder may not be GOP-related, the GOP and the alt-right have spewed enough rhetoric to make hate crimes against LGBT skyrocket in the past few years. It doesn't matter if the perps are MAGA hat wearing morons or not. What I and a few of us are saying, you either denounce this rhetoric or you're complicit.
              Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
              "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
              Patreon for exclusive writing content
              Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

It’s easier to just say “you’re all mean” than have to face up that your party is full of vile at this point. They aren’t staying out of here because we’re mean. They don’t want to defend it and apparently don’t even want to say it’s wrong.
                “It” being about 400 things- raping planet, kids in cages, etc etc

Comment

(German deflects from death camps by noting this one Jewish guy who had a heart attack.)
                  Cornell University

Comment

Uh.....

“General Loot, you son of a *****,” Duterte said in a speech Tuesday night, referencing Vicente Loot, mayor of the municipality of Daanbantayan, who survived a May 2018 attack by gunmen. “I ambushed you, you animal, and you still survived.”

“It is silly and absurd to conclude that he is behind the ambush just because he misspeaks," Duterte's spokesman said.

https://thehill.com/policy/internati...nation-attempt

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                      I know you and Kep are having a lover's spat right now, but pay attention:

Hovey, 19 trans people have been murdered so far this year, and we're still in September. Last year at Transgender Day of Remembrance, we mourned 22 or 23. At this rate, we're going to eclipse that number, and I fear we're going to reach 25-30, mostly trans women of color. While this particular murder may not be GOP-related, the GOP and the alt-right have spewed enough rhetoric to make hate crimes against LGBT skyrocket in the past few years. It doesn't matter if the perps are MAGA hat wearing morons or not. What I and a few of us are saying, you either denounce this rhetoric or you're complicit.
                      Every single murder of a trans person is tragic. I don't disagree.

Hate crimes against trans persons is unacceptable. I don't disagree.

Here is where I apparently disagree with you and Kep.

If it's not a hate crime, if it's just tragic death at the hands of an old lover or former friend, or whomever, I personally think it's pretty ****ty of people to politicize something that is tragic enough by itself. I don't care if you are a right-wing group trying to politicize someone's death or someone on the left doing the same. If it's not political, if the family or the facts don't make it a political issue, I think that's a pretty degrading thing to do to someone and their family, even if it is just in the Cafe section of a college hockey message board.

Furthermore, it doesn't help the real debate about violence against transgender individuals.

Just my two cents. But then, of course, Kep says I'm a nazi so what do I know.

Comment

Where did anyone politicize this death? French said something about MAGA bingo but that's not in any way politicizing this death.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                          Where did anyone politicize this death? French said something about MAGA bingo but that's not in any way politicizing this death.
                          So that comment was not intended to refer to the post about the death? It just got accidentally placed there?

Although I'll admit, that would be a very Cafe thing to do. Spend half a dozen posts defending the politicizing of the death, then come in and ask "where did we politicize it."

Comment

So that comment was not intended to refer to the post about the death? It just got accidentally placed there?
                            That comment was an off color joke and you're pout-raging about it.

Although I'll admit, that would be a very Cafe thing to do. Spend half a dozen posts defending the politicizing of the death, then come in and ask "where did we politicize it."
                            No you just suck at reading.
                            Last edited by trixR4kids; 09-18-2019, 01:19 PM.

Comment

Just my two cents. But then, of course, Kep says I'm a nazi so what do I know.
                              I don't think you're a Nazi.

You just caucus with them.
                              Cornell University

Comment

I don't think you're a Nazi.

You just caucus with them.
                                Well look what hockey team he cheers for

(its a joke Hovey)
                                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X