X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nice Planet 17: I Need a Cold ****ty Beer to Deal with You ***holes

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
    As holiday ads start flooding the airwaves, remember that if you don't buy your S.O. a car with a big red bow on top it means you don't really love them.

That's what Christmas is all about, Charlie Brown.
    Screw you, it's the Lexus I DESERVE!!!

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
    Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Sheriff should tell Florida Man this
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        It's the reason for the season: Harrod's limits their Christmas grotto to those who have spent $2500 at the store this year.
        Kuwaitis and Qataris will be happy

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
          Only if the cutoff was $25M.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

“ JUST IN: The bishop selected by the pope to investigate sexual abuse in the church’s Buffalo, New York, diocese is being accused of abuse himself.”

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...e-in-church-is

Comment

Screw you, Hillary.

Basically, Hillary is now a TERF (trans exclusionary radical feminist)).
              Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
              "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
              Patreon for exclusive writing content
              Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                Screw you, Hillary.

YMMV but I don't see that in her remarks. Maybe she has said other stuff. I have read TERFs who have flat out said: a trans woman can never be a "real" woman because she lacks the lived experience of a girl growing up. Now that's a hardcore TERF!

It's a stupid path for her to go down because there's nothing good at the end of it. She is Hillarysplaining. Trans women don't need Hillary's opinion on this, and women under the age of 80 don't need her opinion on, frankly, anything. She could just as easily have said, "I'm really old and I live in a New York Review of Books bubble and the world has passed me by."

But I don't see it as TERF. Just tonedeaf and patronizing and oblivious in her patented way of the last 30 years. She sucks; this isn't the first clue.
                Cornell University
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                  “ JUST IN: The bishop selected by the pope to investigate sexual abuse in the church’s Buffalo, New York, diocese is being accused of abuse himself.”

The church learned a lot from the cops. Sweep it under the rug for years, until they can't. Then, do token investigations of themselves and find they did nothing wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                    Screw you, Hillary.

No, I don't think so. She's basically "both sides-ing" in the way that Hillary does worst, and I agree with Kep she should just stay away from such questions altogether. She does neither side any favors with these mealy-mouthed, "Well, it's complicated" type answers.

In a way, she's right. My perception is that the whole TERF thing is mostly generational - older people, in this case older feminists, feeling threatened by cultural change ("What happened to us man-hating lesbian feminists Rush Limbaugh used to feel threatened by!?") and getting cranky about it is nothing new. In an era without the Internet, they'd have little to no platform to express and spread their little bigotries, but such in the price of technological progress.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

Fisherman always sees another fisherman

Comment

• She just needs to be quiet. Stay home and blow bubba. Let it dribble down her blue muumuus

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                        YMMV but I don't see that in her remarks. Maybe she has said other stuff. I have read TERFs who have flat out said: a trans woman can never be a "real" woman because she lacks the lived experience of a girl growing up. Now that's a hardcore TERF!

It's a stupid path for her to go down because there's nothing good at the end of it. She is Hillarysplaining. Trans women don't need Hillary's opinion on this, and women under the age of 80 don't need her opinion on, frankly, anything. She could just as easily have said, "I'm really old and I live in a New York Review of Books bubble and the world has passed me by."

But I don't see it as TERF. Just tonedeaf and patronizing and oblivious in her patented way of the last 30 years. She sucks; this isn't the first clue.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                          True story: I worked on a 70-seat regional jet called the Dornier 728 (basically a Canadair Regional Jet knockoff). Even though it hadn’t flown (and ultimately never did), they were already working on a business jet derivative. A business jet obviously doesn’t need 70 seats, and therefore doesn’t need nearly as much cargo space for luggage. So when you make a biz jet derivative, the common thing to do is put a bunch of auxiliary fuel tanks in the cargo bay, since biz jet customers do love extra range.

Except that they had one potential customer who DIDN’T care about the range but did want to maximize cargo space. I never knew for sure what country he was from, but I suspect he was UAE. In any case, he was ponying up enough money that Dornier was going to build him a special version of the aircraft (with a new FAA certification) with only two aux tanks instead of five. The reason? The plane was going to be for his (favorite?) wife, so that she could fly to London for her shopping trips. Two aux tanks was enough to get her there, and she needed the cargo room for all her purchases. We called it “The Shopping Cart.”

When you can commission your own aircraft type, that’s real money.
                          If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

That they have

Colleagues have summer (war room homes) in Swiss, France, Greece and London.

Comment

Oh, yeah - when I lived in Geneva, it was amazing to see every summer - literally every few blocks you could count on seeing a Ferrari, Lamborghini, Bentley, Bugatti, etc with Arabic license plates. They brought them with them on their own m-fing planes. Incredible.
                              If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                                Fisherman always sees another fisherman
                                Redtube: Something for everyone.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X