This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nice Planet 17: I Need a Cold ****ty Beer to Deal with You ***holes

Yeah, and we had a question on the AP Exam on the Iranian hostage crisis (in 1990 - it was on 11 years before). That was my only 4 to go with my five 5s.
    If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Both my HS Modern European History and American History classes ended with the Senate rejecting Wilson's 14 Points. It was also a running joke in our school for years, and I was amazed when I got to college that many other kids had the same joke. "And then the 20th Century happened kthxbai."
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

IIRC, we just barely made it to WW2. But most of the class (10th graders) got 3s or 4s. A few 5s from the overachievers.

Comment

Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
          Yeah, and we had a question on the AP Exam on the Iranian hostage crisis (in 1990 - it was on 11 years before). That was my only 4 to go with my five 5s.
          IIRC, I had 5s on calc AB and BC, chemistry, psych, and stats. I had fours on both C physics, English, Econ (might have been a five), and a three in APUSH.

Edit: ap was the best and worst thing I ever did. Worst because I was woefully unprepared for how to learn in college. Took me two years to get back to a respectable GPA. Best because what entry level courses I did take in college, I got to pick whichever lecture times and discussion times I wanted.
          Last edited by dxmnkd316; 11-17-2019, 03:56 PM.
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
            I had to study on my own, which our teacher warned us about.
            For AP Government, we spent pretty much the whole year on US government and only got to comparative government at the very end. I basically read the textbook cover to cover twice in the weeks before. Must have worked as I got a 5, maybe everyone else in the country was in the same spot.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
            iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
            gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
            Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
            Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
            TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
            DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
              Edit: ap was the best and worst thing I ever did. Worst because I was woefully unprepared for how to learn in college. Took me two years to get back to a respectable GPA. Best because what entry level courses I did take in college, I got to pick whichever lecture times and discussion times I wanted.
              Getting out of the freshmen/sophomore chemistry and physics classes in the engineering college, with all of the pre-lab/lab/post-lab work that required (from what I heard from others) made it worth it for me for those classes. Getting a few social science electives covered right off the bat helped there too.

KDR

gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                Getting out of the freshmen/sophomore chemistry and physics classes in the engineering college, with all of the pre-lab/lab/post-lab work that required (from what I heard from others) made it worth it for me for those classes. Getting a few social science electives covered right off the bat helped there too.
                Yeah that part rocked. The **** part was having quantum mechanics hour 1 day 1 freshman year. I limped through that class with a C+. The first grade I ever received below like a B+.
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                  Both my HS Modern European History and American History classes ended with the Senate rejecting Wilson's 14 Points. It was also a running joke in our school for years, and I was amazed when I got to college that many other kids had the same joke. "And then the 20th Century happened kthxbai."
                  That was pretty much my AP History class, although I did not go to a great high school. Also took AP English, which despite it being my 2nd worst subject (I SUCKED at Chem), I aced. Also took AP Biology, and was not doing well until the teacher (privately) called me out and challenged me in the manner of "I don't think this class is right for you." I ended up acing the rest of the class after that moment, because I actually applied myself.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                  Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Oh gee, look, over half of GOP voters don’t care if gays can adopt kids.

https://thehill.com/hilltv/rising/47...me-sex-couples

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                      Oh gee, look, over half of GOP voters don’t care if gays can adopt kids.

https://thehill.com/hilltv/rising/47...me-sex-couples
                      Something like 2/3rds of Republicans favor closing the gun show loophole.

GOP Members are such cowards, and GOP extremist voters are such lunatics, that they will even turn their backs on their own voters to appeal to the morons. That's because the nearly sane Republican voters don't primary the far right candidates the way the insane Republicans will primary the not quite Nazi enough ones.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                        Something like 2/3rds of Republicans favor closing the gun show loophole.

GOP Members are such cowards, and GOP extremist voters are such lunatics, that they will even turn their backs on their own voters to appeal to the morons.
                        It has nothing to do with appealing to voters. It's all about the Benjamins, baby.

Comment

Newest global commodity that is entering a critical shortage phase due to mining way more than naturally produced: Sand.
                          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

You can skip to last 30 seconds

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                              You can skip to last 30 seconds
                              But then you miss the Trump supporter saying "What do the Nazis have against us? We're not...".

KDR

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                                But then you miss the Trump supporter saying "What do the Nazis have against us? We're not...".
                                That’s the part.

Comment

Working...
                                X