X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nice Planet 17: I Need a Cold ****ty Beer to Deal with You ***holes

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
    Killing four people while driving a car under the influence was the problem that landed him in legal trouble, not the use of drugs or alcohol.

I'm not shocked that he violated his probation but that's mostly because I don't realistically expect a 22 year old to not engage in drinking or weed smoking for an entire decade.
    Doesn't matter if you think it's realistic or not -- that's part of his VERY WEAK consequences for driving under the influence and killing four people. If he can't follow the terms of his probation, then he can go to jail.

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
      then he can go to jail.
      He probably should've been there to begin with and I don't think anyone is going to argue otherwise. The entire basis of this story being in the media was the "affluenza" defense and the judge basically further enabled the idea of rich (white) people operating on a different set of consequences with his sentencing.
      Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
      What in the actual ****?
      Driving and killing people is a problem, drinking and/or doing drugs doesn't cause you to start the ignition of your car. This isn't hard to understand.

If your argument is that he still thinks he's above the law because he violated his probation I can kinda see where you're coming from but I feel like the terms of the probation were completely unrealistic and at best the judge was setting him up for failure. Ideally the goal is that this guy can become a productive member of society some day but that's going to require a ton of counseling and a change in environment.
      Last edited by trixR4kids; 01-03-2020, 10:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
        his probation prohibits him from using alcohol or marijuana. If we don't care that he violated his probation doesn't that basically mean he had no consequences (and he already got off super easy)?
        No it means I dont care he had THC in his system. I dont have to care. If that violates his probation that is a different argument altogether.
        Last edited by Handyman; 01-03-2020, 10:57 AM.
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
          Who is up in arms? Posting now equals up in arms?

The point was he got off from terrible things and had a probation of no drugs. My point was it really ain’t shocking he ignored that after he’s already killed people on substances and shrugged it off.
          I wasnt talking about you. I was speaking in general. That kid is scum but not because he has THC in his system.
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
            I wasnt talking about you. I was speaking in general. That kid is scum but not because he has THC in his system.
            As near as I can tell, every person who has posted in this "argument" (Handy, Deutsche, Bass trix, dx, Fade, aparch) is on the same side.

What are you people doing?
            Last edited by Kepler; 01-03-2020, 10:59 AM.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
              As near as I can tell, every person who has posted in this "argument" is on the same side.

Who are you calling YOU PEOPLE???

-aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Who are you calling YOU PEOPLE???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPxs0Qh72kY
                Cornell University
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

One of the few funny lines from that film and absolutely how I said it as I typed it
                  -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                    As near as I can tell, every person who has posted in this "argument" (Handy, Deutsche, Bass trix, dx, Fade, aparch) is on the same side.

I’m paranoid on posting because scooby has been agreeing with me a lot.
                    Maybe I need a time out

Comment

One of the few funny lines from that film and absolutely how I said it as I typed it
                      I can't find the Archie Bunker line that I love even more. He says it to George. "Now just a minute. We people aren't 'you people.' You people are 'you people.'"
                      Cornell University

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                        I’m paranoid on posting because scooby has been agreeing with me a lot.
                        Maybe I need a time out
                        Maybe you need some THC
                        -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                          I can't find the Archie Bunker line that I love even more. He says it to George. "Now just a minute. We people aren't 'you people.' You people are 'you people.'"
                          Haha excellent. I dare someone try to reboot that show word for word.

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                            Maybe you need some THC
                            Thinking more like quaaludes, like Leo In wolf of Wall Street

Comment

Couch released. Calling it a "weak" positive". May be CBD oil...
                              Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                              Originally posted by Quizmire
                              mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                              MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                              MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                              I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

$2,000 to attend and all male speakers: the Make Women Great Again conference.

And in full disclosure: I still say I'm pansexual (attracted to all across the gender spectrum), but stuff like mentioned above make me not want to date cis men. I'm sure there are some good ones out there, and some of them post on this board, but I really don't want to date or marry them. Friends, yes. Date or marriage? No.
                                Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                                "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                                Patreon for exclusive writing content
                                Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Working...
                                X