Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: WCHA Conference: The 2019-20 Season

Originally posted by D2D View Post
    Basically, what was once the WCHA men's conference will now be known as the CCHA, minus three teams: Alabama Huntsville, Alaska (Fairbanks) and Alaska Anchorage which will be left out on their own (as will Arizona State, but they are already Independent). The "new" CCHA will be comprised of Bemidji State, Minnesota State Mankato, Bowling Green, Ferris State, Lake Superior State, Michigan Tech and Northern Michigan.

http://www.startribune.com/ccha-will...-22/567973232/

I don't see how this shift will have any impact on the women's WCHA since only two of the teams in the new conference even have a women's team.
    I didn't know if the mwcha teams financially propped up the overall wcha or not.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
      I didn't know if the mwcha teams financially propped up the overall wcha or not.
      From what I've read travel expenses had a lot to do with dropping the two Alaska teams and Huntsville. That and the questionable future of both Anchorage and Fairbanks, neither of which are self supporting. This realignment could very well be the nails in the coffins.
      Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

All-WCHA Teams have been announced:
        http://www.wcha.com/women/articles/2...ing-trophy.php
        "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
        And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
          All-WCHA Teams have been announced:
          http://www.wcha.com/women/articles/2...ing-trophy.php
          Quick thoughts on the awards....

Shirley could easily be first team, but I get that you can't have an entire first team of F from the same team.
          My gut hoped Steffen would get on the 2nd team and she did, great for her.
          Hymlarova is really really good, I'd be shocked if she doesn't get poached by another team. She stood out when UW played them at home.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
            Quick thoughts on the awards....
            - Across all four of the selected 'teams', Duluth, OSU and Minn all had as many or more representatives than Wisconsin did. This amuses me a bit.
            - There was/is nobody on the Wisconsin roster who deserved even a passing thought for the all-Freshman team. This worries me...

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
              - Across all four of the selected 'teams', Duluth, OSU and Minn all had as many or more representatives than Wisconsin did. This amuses me a bit.
              - There was/is nobody on the Wisconsin roster who deserved even a passing thought for the all-Freshman team. This worries me...
              UW Freshman....I thought Edwards played really well. At first she got spot time early in the year, then at the end she was a regular pair with Rowe from what I could tell. All conference material? IDK, but she was playing well and not having any obvious screw ups. The lack of impact by the Fr forwards scares me immensely, but Watts did essentially take away an opportunity for Greig or G Shirley to play with the top 3 lines. I expect Webster and O'Brien to be tremendously impact next year for UW.

Comment

What's amusing about it? WisconSIN has 4 representatives on the first two teams, which is deserved, but that means that there are 3 first line forwards from Minnesota and Duluth who are on the third team. Should another Wisconsin D have made it? Meh...LaMantia and Buchbinder aren't better than Willgren or Jaques, so no. The only thing is, for me, I'd take Steffen and Dunne on the first team and move Bell down to the second team. Maybe this year's teams are reflective of the level of parity there is between the top four teams and the improvement of the other 3 teams in the league.

None of the sinner Freshmen deserve to be on the all freshmen team although I seem to recall Tim possibly mentioning that Grace Shirley might be even better than her sister. That was probably just thinner talk.
                At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
                  None of the sinner Freshmen deserve to be on the all freshmen team although I seem to recall Tim possibly mentioning that Grace Shirley might be even better than her sister. That was probably just thinner talk.
                  Yes, that is 100% true. Apparently I was wrong. I should have tried a different brand of thinner I guess.

Comment

So, it's time for the annual 'where can I watch the WCHA women's tournament' problem.

Right now the Wisconsin schedule web site shows that Sunday's final is going to be on Fox Sports Wisconsin. I presume that means Fox Sports North, as well. But I find nothing about any video of Saturday's games - nothing at UW web site, at Minn team web site, nothing at WCHA web site, and nothing on the BTN Plus schedule (where regular season home Gophers game were always shown).

Anybody know anything?

Comment

So, it's time for the annual 'where can I watch the WCHA women's tournament' problem.

Right now the Wisconsin schedule web site shows that Sunday's final is going to be on Fox Sports Wisconsin. I presume that means Fox Sports North, as well. But I find nothing about any video of Saturday's games - nothing at UW web site, at Minn team web site, nothing at WCHA web site, and nothing on the BTN Plus schedule (where regular season home Gophers game were always shown).

Anybody know anything?
                      From the Gopher preview here:
                      https://gophersports.com/news/2020/3...f-up-next.aspx

The semifinal games will be streamed via FloHockey ($) and BTN+($); the championship game will be broadcast live on FOX Sports North and FOX Sports Wisconsin and be available online via FOX Sports Go. Fans can also follow along via free audio and live stats at GopherSports.com.

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                        Huh... I thought I had looked at their 'preview' article yesterday, and did not see that. Right now, they don't have a 'watch here' link on their schedule page yet, where they usually would. (And nothing on the BTN Plus schedule page, buy that's not unusual.)

Thanks.

Comment

Congrats to Grace Zumwinkle on being named the WCHA's Forward of the Week.

http://www.wcha.com/women/articles/2...e-week-nod.php
                          Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Will anyone be surprised if the WCHA PotY is Abby Roque?

Comment

Individual season awards. No surprises, I'd say.

http://www.wcha.com/women/articles/2...ual-awards.php

Comment

No surprises, I'd say.
                                I'd agree, although they could have used an edit on the caption of Watts' award. Must be a copy/paste from the past.
                                WCHA Scoring Co-Champions

Comment

Working...
                                X