Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: WCHA Conference: The 2019-20 Season

Originally posted by D2D View Post
    It's been reported elsewhere that the games will be streamed on "Livebarn" (which I've never heard of!) and you can buy a monthly pass for $16.95.
    https://www.livebarn.com/
    Thanks D2D. Harvard now has the video link to "Livebarn" so it must be legit

Comment

Something made me feel obligated to resurrect this thread from the second page.

https://www.uscho.com/standings/wcha-women/2019-2020/
      Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

yeah, but can they hold it longer than a week?
        I guess we'll see which team has the fewest members watching The Bachelor and all the other garbage TV

Comment

Originally posted by pokechecker View Post
          yeah, but can they hold it longer than a week?
          That will be difficult, with No. 5 Ohio State coming to town this weekend. And perhaps even more difficult with Saturday's game being played outdoors, as part of the annual "Hockey Day in Minnesota" celebration. The outdoor rink on which the two teams will battle features no refrigeration, and the forecast is calling for high winds and cold temperatures. Yes, the conditions will be the same for both teams, but for sure it will not be what they're used to.

Originally posted by pokechecker View Post
          I guess we'll see which team has the fewest members watching The Bachelor and all the other garbage TV
          On this I have no insight whatsoever!
          Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

I believe the USCHO WCHA standing showing Minnesota with 35 points is incorrect. Should be 36 like what shows here...

https://www.wcha.com/women/standings/index.php
            At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
              I believe the USCHO WCHA standing showing Minnesota with 35 points is incorrect. Should be 36 like what shows here...

https://www.wcha.com/women/standings/index.php
              Definitely. One shootout win (2 pts) and one 3-on-3 loss (1 pt) plus 11 times 3 pts = 36. My definitive is collegehockeystats, and it concurs with you:
              http://www.collegehockeystats.net/1920/standings/wchaw
              "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
              And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                Definitely. One shootout win (2 pts) and one 3-on-3 loss (1 pt) plus 11 times 3 pts = 36. My definitive is collegehockeystats, and it concurs with you:
                http://www.collegehockeystats.net/1920/standings/wchaw
                I say they should hold onto that extra point so they can spring it on the unsuspecting Badgers in case of a season-ending tied conference race.

Comment

Watched a decent amount of the MSU/St Cl tilt on the old TV, MSU was has got some speed, fairly impressive, though maybe St. Cl may make you look faster than you really are, who knows. Pretty good game to watch before I started on the UW men debacle with women's curling mixed in. Quality TV tonight.
                  Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                  ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                  Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                  "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                  Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Interesting weekend coming up, UM @ BSU and OSU @ UMD. OSU, UMD and BSU have been giant killers the last few weeks. OSU can smell 2nd place, UMD can smell 3rd place and BSU can smell 4th place. The gut says splitsville for OSU/UMD and MN will bounce back and sweep BSU and status quo in the standings will be maintained.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                      Interesting weekend coming up, UM @ BSU and OSU @ UMD. OSU, UMD and BSU have been giant killers the last few weeks. OSU can smell 2nd place, UMD can smell 3rd place and BSU can smell 4th place. The gut says splitsville for OSU/UMD and MN will bounce back and sweep BSU and status quo in the standings will be maintained.
                      Rooney showed what great goaltending can do to the Gophers. If Bench is as hot as she was against UW, the Beavers get a split.

Comment

Originally posted by Offsides Guy View Post
                        Rooney showed what great goaltending can do to the Gophers. If Bench is as hot as she was against UW, the Beavers get a split.
                        The Gophs will wake up at some point and I'm betting it will be next weekend. I hope I'm wrong hahahaha.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                          The Gophs will wake up at some point and I'm betting it will be next weekend. I hope I'm wrong hahahaha.
                          The Gophers don't really need to wake up. They played well yesterday. I'm just not sure I've ever seen a bigger difference in a team's play over 24 hours than what UMD did this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Still Eeyore View Post
                            The Gophers don't really need to wake up. They played well yesterday.
                            They weren't bad, but playing at that level isn't going to win them anything come playoff time.
                            "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                            And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

I realize this is a 2020-2021 topic, but it’s interesting to ponder how next year’s WCHA will be different with the significant goalie changes. Out are Rooney, Campbell, Scobee, Bench, and Alder (who hasn’t played much this season but was still very good). Rooney and Bench have absolutely stolen big wins for UMD and BSU; it appears Blesi is no Soup and I don’t believe Pahl is on par with Scobee. Maybe St Cloud and Mankato see this as an opportunity for more wins next year? And OSU has to be happy not to face these goalies anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Offsides Guy View Post
                                I realize this is a 2020-2021 topic, but it’s interesting to ponder how next year’s WCHA will be different with the significant goalie changes. Out are Rooney, Campbell, Scobee, Bench, and Alder (who hasn’t played much this season but was still very good). Rooney and Bench have absolutely stolen big wins for UMD and BSU; it appears Blesi is no Soup and I don’t believe Pahl is on par with Scobee. Maybe St Cloud and Mankato see this as an opportunity for more wins next year? And OSU has to be happy not to face these goalies anymore.
                                Blesi played well until yesterday, so I'm not pushing the panic button, but I dug it out of the closet.

Comment

Working...
                                X