Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: WCHA Conference: The 2019-20 Season

Originally posted by ARM View Post
    I'd agree, although they could have used an edit on the caption of Watts' award. Must be a copy/paste from the past.
    I noticed that too - kept looking for the other co-champion!
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Watts didn't even get her picture in the header of the article. That's probably because the Muzzinator's head is too big.
      At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
        Watts didn't even get her picture in the header of the article. That's probably because the Muzzinator's head is too big.
        Definitely grew 2 sizes today.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
          Okay, that was funny!

Comment

The teams in the W WCHA might stick together, but I can't imagine that they'd continue to operate under the WCHA banner, as none of the remaining WCHA schools have a women's team. The conference would probably have to operate under the "CCHA" or "NCHC" banner. Might be a good time to slide Penn St into the slot that has been vacated by N Dakota.

Comment

Bemidji Co-head Coach Amber Fryklund resigns to take an Assistant Professor position at the same school. Good for her to attain her teaching goal but a huge blow to the Beavers. Everyone saw her as the heir apparent to Scanlan. Sad to lose another talented woman coach.

Comment

Originally posted by Offsides Guy View Post
                Bemidji Co-head Coach Amber Fryklund resigns to take an Assistant Professor position at the same school. Good for her to attain her teaching goal but a huge blow to the Beavers. Everyone saw her as the heir apparent to Scanlan. Sad to lose another talented woman coach.
                Also, Beaver goalie Lauren Bench is going to the Gophers as a graduate transfer. She wants to pursue medical school, so one can't blame her for making this move.
                Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
                FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
                NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
                NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
                NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
                NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
                Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
                Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

• This could have gone into a new thread, but I was too lazy to start another.

Nicole Haase posted a USCHO article on the rollercoaster ride that was Jennifer Flowers' first year as WCHA Women's Commissioner, with a look as to what's ahead for the league.

https://www.uscho.com/2020/06/20/cha...us-first-year/
                  Give blood... Play Gopher Hockey!
                  Men's National Championships: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002, 2003
                  Women's National Championships: 2000, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016

Comment

• Originally posted by CrazyDave View Post
                    This could have gone into a new thread, but I was too lazy to start another.

Nicole Haase posted a USCHO article on the rollercoaster ride that was Jennifer Flowers' first year as WCHA Women's Commissioner, with a look as to what's ahead for the league.

https://www.uscho.com/2020/06/20/cha...us-first-year/
                    More on Commissioner Flowers and her first year on the job as she appeared in the The Rink Live Monday podcast.

https://www.therinklive.com/college/...-of-the-league
                    Give blood... Play Gopher Hockey!
                    Men's National Championships: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002, 2003
                    Women's National Championships: 2000, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016

Comment

• I just received an email from the University of St. Thomas. The NCAA has approved the school's move to D-I. The email says they will be joining the WCHA for women's hockey, the Pioneer Football League and Summit League for all other sports. It also says "it is excited about conference options for our men's hockey program."
                      Last edited by thebrain; 07-15-2020, 03:24 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by thebrain View Post
                        I just received an email from the University of St. Thomas. The NCAA has approved the school's move to D-I. The email says they will be joining the WCHA for women's hockey, the Pioneer Football League and Summit League for all other sports. It also says "it is excited about conference options for our men's hockey program."
                        Does it state what season this would become effective? Assuming 2021-22

Comment

• Originally posted by EMPTYNETTER View Post

Does it state what season this would become effective? Assuming 2021-22
                          It doesn't say, but I assume so. Maybe some time as an indy.

Comment

• Originally posted by thebrain View Post
                            I just received an email from the University of St. Thomas. The NCAA has approved the school's move to D-I. The email says they will be joining the WCHA for women's hockey, the Pioneer Football League and Summit League for all other sports. It also says "it is excited about conference options for our men's hockey program."
                            This is the St Thomas that is about a mile from UM campus, on the St Paul side of the river?

Comment

• St. Thomas gets approval from NCAA to go Division I

https://www.startribune.com/st-thoma...n-i/571780492/
                              Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

• Originally posted by robertearle View Post

This is the St Thomas that is about a mile from UM campus, on the St Paul side of the river?
                                Yes, that's the one.

And it's confirmed for 2021-22.

Given how fast everything is going and the way things are shaking out, it doesn't look like the Tommies have time to recruit D1 players to run roughshod over the field their final year in DIII the way RIT did back in 2011-12

Comment

Working...
                                X