Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Hockey 2019-2020- a big fresh start, again.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Hockey 2019-2020- a big fresh start, again.

Am I bad since my first reaction to the win was that we are doing our part for the B1G PWR?

Good to win.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
      Am I bad since my first reaction to the win was that we are doing our part for the B1G PWR?

Good to win.
      No. Non-conference games my first reaction is always that it helps the pairwise (even with this start to the season where our pairwise looks to not matter).

I watched the 1st period Friday and the whole game Saturday. I don't think they looked better than any other games, just UNH didn't look as good as other opponents we've faced. It was nice to get a road win. Saturday I thought they were going to get the road sweep, but they were outplayed in the 3rd. Not sure where the effort went.
      Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
      wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
      7 B1G
      7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
      6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
      5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
      5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
      2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
      2 Alaskan

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
        Do I dare ask WHY on a Monday?
        Some "Genius" had a bright idea!

Something tells me that by the middle of January there are going to be all kinds of incentives/promotions.
        Section 3 (formerly 6, before that "F")
        Row 1
        Seats 6 & 7
        Same seats since '93 - at the blue line on the glass

9 NCAA Titles: '48, '51, '52, '53, '55, ''56, '64, '96, '98

Comment

So what's going on with this team? Youth? I watch games, but I'm not plugged into roster composition. This has been hard to watch...

Comment

It's December 1, and we finally have a B1G win.

Comment

Looks like we got the short end of the timing game Friday, with face off a late 8:30pm. kinda sucks, to us.

Comment

Looks like we got the short end of the timing game Friday, with face off a late 8:30pm. kinda sucks, to us.
                I miss the CCHA for many reasons. One being that BTN didn't get to dictate what time puck drops.

9 pm is bedtime, so 8:30 is gonna be interesting for me (and the little one...maybe she'll sleep through the game). Maybe it'll be ok though, since our team tends to sleep through the ends of games.
                Gave my Saturday tix away to a friend who'll be in town and wants to go.

Looking at PSU's results so far this season, I see they split shut outs with Alaska, so I'm gonna hold out hope for a split. Maybe we can get some more of those conference points that we have so few of.

Arenas visited:
                7 B1G
                2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
                2 Alaskan

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
                  I miss the CCHA for many reasons. One being that BTN didn't get to dictate what time puck drops.
                  Don't blame BTN. The game will be telecast on Fox Sports 1 along with the 6:30 basketball game, Iowa at Michigan. That probably explains the strange start time.

Yes, the basketball team has a home game taking the Crisler lot out of the supply of parking spaces for hockey. This is the only time this season we have that issue. There IS one more Saturday where both teams have a home game but basketball starts at noon.

The basketball game Friday will be ending at almost exactly the same time as the hockey game starts. I'm trying to decide if I will miss the end of basketball or the start of hockey while I am making the 10 minute walk from Crisler to Yost. It will probably be a last minute decision based on how the basketball game is going.
                  Last edited by JoeZ; 12-05-2019, 11:28 AM.
                  Row 1
                  Seats 6 & 7

Comment

"Kinda sucks"? You are being generous. It sucks B1G TIME! I still miss the old traditional 7:00 starts.
                    Row 1
                    Seats 6 & 7

Comment

So very nice to see the team improve. And SOOOO close to a shutout- that was almost heart breaking.

Comment

Ugh- what looked really good and sharp last night was just so far off tonight. Passes were *that* much off, and the puck would not stick to a stick.

Comment

Originally posted by umichjim View Post
                          ESPECIALLY the (so called) Power Play.
                          I call it our "Power-less play"
                          Row 1
                          Seats 6 & 7

Comment

Okay, I'll admit it. I TOTALLY missed it is time for the IIHF World Juniors Championship.
                            Johnny Beecher and Cam York made the team.
                            Today (Thursday) at 1:00 EST the USA vs. Canada game starts @ 1:00 this afternoon.
                            It will be broadcast on the NHL-TV network if it is part of your package and you care to tune in.

Tomorrow (Friday) Team USA vs. Germany also starts @ 1:00 EST and also broadcast on NHL-TV
                            Sunday USA faces the Russians @ 1:00
                            Monday USA v. Czech @ 1:00

The quarterfinals are next Thursday, Semifinals next Saturday, Championship next Sunday
                            Row 1
                            Seats 6 & 7

Comment

We can hope for a GLi turnaround.,, although if we lose, this will be the last time we go.

Comment

We can hope for a GLi turnaround.,, although if we lose, this will be the last time we go.
                                My current plan is to go Monday but not Tuesday. I'll be trying to find some Tech friends to watch the first game with.

It's tough to take 2 more days off of work after taking some time this week to be with family. Plus, hockey before noon? I don't understand.

Is Ferris any good this year? How will the B1G team with the worst record fair against an average WCHA team?

Arenas visited:
                                7 B1G
                                2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
                                2 Alaskan

Comment

Working...
                                X