Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Hockey 2019-2020- a big fresh start, again.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Michigan Hockey 2019-2020- a big fresh start, again.

This team is very opposite of teams we've had recently- reasonably strong on D, really bad on O. And I'm concerned that the bad O will start getting the D to be desperate to help, and it will start to fall apart.

The PP is really odd- it seems as if the puck is some kind of curse- whoever has it seems to not want it- the passes are being put into places they should not, and they are not patient about breaking a pattern down. Then the team just can't keep the puck on their stick, and when there's a pretty clean space to shoot the puck- somehow every time the puck just goes someplace else. As the game goes on, we start seeing players force their way into spots that are easily defended, and the play turns around.

Have no real idea how to fix the offensive woes, but they have a lot of work to do. Mel is re-arranging the lines to find some spark....

Comment

I didn't hear, which team got the unofficial win Saturday for the conference point?

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
        I didn't hear, which team got the unofficial win Saturday for the conference point?
        Da Goofers scored in the 2nd overtime and got it.

https://mgoblue.com/news/2019/11/8/i...tra-point.aspx
        Last edited by JoeZ; 11-10-2019, 01:29 PM.
        Section 3 (formerly 6, before that "F")
        Row 1
        Seats 6 & 7
        Same seats since '93 - at the blue line on the glass

9 NCAA Titles: '48, '51, '52, '53, '55, ''56, '64, '96, '98

Comment

It is going to be a very long season.

OTOH do you realize we are almost half way through the home games?
          Eight down, ten to go. That includes the two exhibitions. If you don't count them it is seven down, nine to go.
          Last edited by JoeZ; 11-10-2019, 03:46 PM.
          Row 1
          Seats 6 & 7

Comment

Originally posted by JoeZ View Post
            Da Goofers scored in the 2nd overtime and got it.

https://mgoblue.com/news/2019/11/8/i...tra-point.aspx
            Sorry to hear that, I was rooting for you.

Comment

Thought this was funny, from our local paper:

MIC DROP

“None. I can’t. I’m sorry. They had ex-girfriend dirt. They had everything. They were good.’’

– Jack LaFontaine, Gophers goalie who played two years at Michigan, on his return to Yost Ice Arena and if he could share any examples of clean chirping he received from the Children of Yost student section.
              Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Game reminder- TONIGHT 6:30pm.

So and odd night and an odd time. Even for Sparty, I bet many will forget about the game tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                  Game reminder- TONIGHT 6:30pm.

So and odd night and an odd time. Even for Sparty, I bet many will forget about the game tonight.
                  This gives me a sad. Normally my Uncle and I go out for pizza after the MSU game at Yost. I can't do that on a weeknight, even with the earlier start time.
                  At least my hubby works from home today, so we should be able to get to the game on time. Looking ahead at the schedule, I should probably sell my Friday night Wisconsin tickets...6 pm start? The 6:30 start last week hubby missed all of the 1st period and some of the 2nd. I'm starting lean towards not getting season tickets next year.

Speaking of, got an e-mail about being season ticket holder of the game. I think I'm going to have to decline, as it would require being at the selected game 45 minutes early. I barely make it in time for puck drop these days.

Ok, so besides complaining about the weird day and time....what do we think about tonight? Is State improving with Danton Cole as coach? Will Michigan find some offense?
                  Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                  wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                  7 B1G
                  7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
                  6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
                  5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
                  5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
                  2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
                  2 Alaskan

Comment

We gave that game away. Turnover after turnover after turnover.

Ugh.

Just when you get some goals, you start giving them away.

This season is turning into a dumpster fire.

Comment

Lets try Lavigne Mann has been shaken since the season started

Comment

Originally posted by mattmi49 View Post
                        Lets try Lavigne Mann has been shaken since the season started
                        I still like Mann. No matter who we start, we still don't have a goalie that can steal a game.

Hard to pin the loss on Mann when....

We gave that game away. Turnover after turnover after turnover.

Ugh.

Just when you get some goals, you start giving them away.

This season is turning into a dumpster fire.
                        Those turnovers are tough to watch. Especially the pass in front of your own net. That pass has too much of a possibility of horrific consequences.

The start of that game looked promising. We were controlling play, dominating the shots on goal, had a 2 goal lead at one point....and then....*shrug*

I'm not ready to give up on the season yet. If/when we lose to Wisconsin and begin securing last place in the B1G then it'll have turned into an all out dumpster fire. Maybe they can fix some things and come away with some conference points tomorrow night.

Arenas visited:
                        7 B1G
                        2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
                        2 Alaskan

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
                          Looking ahead at the schedule, I should probably sell my Friday night Wisconsin tickets...6 pm start? The 6:30 start last week hubby missed all of the 1st period and some of the 2nd. I'm starting lean towards not getting season tickets next year.
                          I hate all this jumping around with start times. I very much preferred those old 7:00 regular starts back when that was the standard almost completely without exception. I was disappointed when they changed to 7:30. In all honesty it probably was mostly due to the fact I had to get up @ 4:30 to be out the door @ 5:00 for my 75 minute drive to work to make sure the assembly line got started up.
                          Row 1
                          Seats 6 & 7

Comment

I hate all this jumping around with start times. I very much preferred those old 7:00 regular starts back when that was the standard almost completely without exception. I was disappointed when they changed to 7:30. In all honesty it probably was mostly due to the fact I had to get up @ 4:30 to be out the door @ 5:00 for my 75 minute drive to work to make sure the assembly line got started up.
                            I'm almost glad that we could see large chunks of empty (I'm guessing unsold) seats in the North endzone last night. You would think a game vs. State would be sold out. But, alas, scheduling a game for a Thursday night and then bumping the cost up for the ticket makes for a less than full arena.

Arenas visited:
                            7 B1G
                            2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
                            2 Alaskan

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
                              I'm almost glad that we could see large chunks of empty (I'm guessing unsold) seats in the North endzone last night. You would think a game vs. State would be sold out. But, alas, scheduling a game for a Thursday night and then bumping the cost up for the ticket makes for a less than full arena.
                              BTN. That's what is driving it.

The scheduling makes no sense- there's really no reason at all to have hockey play State the same weekend as the football team does. Given the crowd that is expected, we could easily have an away weekend, and play State some other weekend.

Comment

BTN. That's what is driving it.

The scheduling makes no sense- there's really no reason at all to have hockey play State the same weekend as the football team does. Given the crowd that is expected, we could easily have an away weekend, and play State some other weekend.
                                What I'd like to know is how many viewers does the average BTN aired hockey game get? What kind of numbers do they get on a Thursday night? Is there enough of a market for college hockey to air these games, or is it just that BTN needs programming to fill open times....so they can relegate whatever sport to whatever day and time they demand?

Arenas visited:
                                7 B1G
                                2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
                                2 Alaskan

Comment

Working...
                                X