Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Hockey 2019-2020- a big fresh start, again.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Michigan Hockey 2019-2020- a big fresh start, again.

Has anyone heard anything regarding Adam Winborg? He is on the roster but has yet to appear on the ice this season.
    Section 3 (formerly 6, before that "F")
    Row 1
    Seats 6 & 7
    Same seats since '93 - at the blue line on the glass

9 NCAA Titles: '48, '51, '52, '53, '55, ''56, '64, '96, '98

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
      I didn't watch Saturday or even see clips yet. Wondering what happened, because the 1st period Friday night vs. Western we looked like we were a much better team than them. Tough to get behind 2 goals early on the road (as WMU learned Friday).
      The prognosticators on this very website both picked the home team to win both games last weekend so they nailed it.
      Row 1
      Seats 6 & 7

Comment

Thank God for Mann.

Thank God for the Soo Lakers, too.

Comment

Well we may have gotten the win but your team sure made us pay for it with the body count. 3 of our guys out and two of them are our top skills guys!
          Michigan seemed to go flat in the 3rd and while I can't quite put my finger on it why they aren't more dominate I will say like any Michigan team before them they are quite capable of quickly capitalizing on any mistake made by their opponent!

Comment

Given the score, it seems as if we had better D tonight. And I had thought we had a nice tie, but didn't notice until later that OSU scored not long after our tying score.

Ugh. Long way to go.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
              Given the score, it seems as if we had better D tonight. And I had thought we had a nice tie, but didn't notice until later that OSU scored not long after our tying score.

Ugh. Long way to go.
              The winning goal happened on a 2 on 1 breakaway. Mann stopped the first shot but the rebound went right to the stick of the second guy for the wide open side of the net.
              I didn't think Michigan looked bad relatively speaking but the 5 on 3 PP for Ohio State I thought was the deal breaker.
              After Ohio State's first goal they reviewed it for offsides and it was like 5-10 minutes before they made a call on it.
              I'm going to be objective here, If they have to review THAT long how can you have confidence in they got it right?
              Last edited by Hockeybuckeye; 11-02-2019, 07:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                The winning goal happened on a 2 on 1 breakaway. Mann stopped the first shot but the rebound went right to the stick of the second guy for the wide open side of the net.
                I didn't think Michigan looked bad relatively speaking but the 5 on 3 PP for Ohio State I thought was the deal breaker.
                After Ohio State's first goal they reviewed it for offsides and it was like 5-10 minutes before they made a call on it.
                I'm going to be objective here, If they have to review THAT long how can you have confidence in they got it right?
                5 on 3 two nights in a row? The new assistant coach has a lot of work to do.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                  5 on 3 two nights in a row? The new assistant coach has a lot of work to do.
                  In the poor kid's defense, that hooking call that put the second player in the box was pretty weak.

Comment

AMEN!

Also if they have to take that long how can ANYONE say it was indisputable evidence?
                    Row 1
                    Seats 6 & 7

Comment

Don't forget the strange starting times this weekend.

Friday, November 8 at 6:30PM and Saturday, November 9 at 5:00PM at Yost Ice Arena.

DEFINITELY NOT looking forward to arena food for dinner.
                      Row 1
                      Seats 6 & 7

Comment

Originally posted by JoeZ View Post
                        Don't forget the strange starting times this weekend.

Friday, November 8 at 6:30PM and Saturday, November 9 at 5:00PM at Yost Ice Arena.

DEFINITELY NOT looking forward to arena food for dinner.
                        But hey, if you get there before puck drop you can get 20% of that arena food with your season ticket holder card.

Also not looking forward to either missing the 1st period or having to meet my husband at the game (who will miss the 1st period).

I'm looking forward to this weekend's games. The Minnesota fans have been talking about how young their team is. I'm hoping for the classic up and down fast play that I'm accustomed to in the battle of U of M vs. U of M.
                        Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                        wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                        7 B1G
                        7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
                        6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
                        5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
                        5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
                        2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
                        2 Alaskan

Comment

I wonder if LaFontaine will get a chance to start at his former home rink this weekend. Looks like he's been sharing time with Minnesota's other goalie.
                          Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                          wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                          7 B1G
                          7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
                          6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
                          5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
                          5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
                          2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
                          2 Alaskan

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
                            I wonder if LaFontaine will get a chance to start at his former home rink this weekend. Looks like he's been sharing time with Minnesota's other goalie.
                            Our "other goalie", Jared Moe, played both games last weekend but struggled some in Saturday's game. So I would expect LaFontaine to start in this Friday's opener.
                            Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

I watched the first two periods of tonight's game hoping to see Michigan bounce back, but so MANY turnovers in the defensive end and failure to control the puck.
                              Which coach is running the PP this season? Sorry to sound like a critic.

Comment

I watched the first two periods of tonight's game hoping to see Michigan bounce back, but so MANY turnovers in the defensive end and failure to control the puck.
                                Which coach is running the PP this season? Sorry to sound like a critic.
                                The new guy is doing the PK, I think Muckult is still running the PP. Based on our performance last night, I'd not hesitate to take penalties- as it ends up being 2 min run off the clock.

It's very curious how much trouble the team had keeping the puck on their sticks.

Comment

Working...
                                X