Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Hockey 2019-2020- a big fresh start, again.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Michigan Hockey 2019-2020- a big fresh start, again.

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
    Oh, and a reminder for the season ticket holders- there's the event next Friday before the Lake State game at Cliff Keen- which you need to RSVP for via the email. We are planning on going.
    Okay somehow I missed the invite for that. Was it an email? Snailmail? When did you get yours?
    Section 3 (formerly 6, before that "F")
    Row 1
    Seats 6 & 7
    Same seats since '93 - at the blue line on the glass

9 NCAA Titles: '48, '51, '52, '53, '55, ''56, '64, '96, '98

Comment

Originally posted by JoeZ View Post
      Okay somehow I missed the invite for that. Was it an email? Snailmail? When did you get yours?
      Email at the the one I have for the season tickets. Since you were invited to the practice, seems like you should have been invited to this... dunno...

Comment

Email at the the one I have for the season tickets. Since you were invited to the practice, seems like you should have been invited to this... dunno...
        Interesting. By any chance do you still have your email? Would you consider forwarding it to me? joezur@aol.com
        Row 1
        Seats 6 & 7

Comment

Not sure what to make of that game- they seemed to play really well, and control much of the game- just couldn't put the puck in the net. It wasn't uncomfortable that Clarkson was going to score at anytime, even though they had some great chances. They looked quite good- just not quite enough.

Comment

If that was the #11 team in the country I have to feel good about our guys playing them to a 1-1 tie. The flow of the game gave me the impression a tie was legit. I thought they played pretty even.
            My biggest complaint/concern was the 0 for 7 on the power play including TWO "5 on 3"s. That said one was for only about a half minute but the other was more than a minute and a half.
            Row 1
            Seats 6 & 7

Comment

If that was the #11 team in the country I have to feel good about our guys playing them to a 1-1 tie. The flow of the game gave me the impression a tie was legit. I thought they played pretty even.
              My biggest complaint/concern was the 0 for 7 on the power play including TWO "5 on 3"s. That said one was for only about a half minute but the other was more than a minute and a half.
              About that 11 ranking- I thought Clarkson did play pretty darned well for the early part part of the game- and at times they did dominate. But our play just got better all night.

100% behind your PP concern. OTOH, our PK looked good- other than the one goal. Van Wyhe almost got that one back- so VERY close to scoring a shorty.

All in all, it was a good game!

The one funny thing was that we started the game passing like it was the first game of the season, when last week, the passes were sharp and quick. Speed the game up just a little bit, and things fall apart.

Comment

You must have been at the game. For us that are away tried to stream it found out what a Bush league big ten plus is!! no stream. Unacceptable for Big ten, Michigan must do better. Waste of $15.

Comment

That sucked. A totally different line up top to bottom, and they looked pretty crappy. After a game where we controlled a lot of the play, we could do nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by wildcatcard View Post
                    You must have been at the game. For us that are away tried to stream it found out what a Bush league big ten plus is!! no stream. Unacceptable for Big ten, Michigan must do better. Waste of $15.
                    Lame. We had Big Ten plus last year and didn't have too many issues with the streams. Occasionally it would cut out for a minute, but come back. I remember one home game we didn't go to where the video was just what played on the big screen at Yost (which includes the action when play is going on, but also the promotions and crowd shots).

Interesting weekend at Yost. The results are what I expected. I was pleased with the tie on Friday. Our power play is ...well...what it has been. I refuse to be that person that yells "shoot it", but there are times when I think the PP is too patient passing and looking for the perfect shot.
                    Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                    wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                    7 B1G
                    7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
                    6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
                    5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
                    5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
                    2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
                    2 Alaskan

Comment

That sucked. A totally different line up top to bottom, and they looked pretty crappy. After a game where we controlled a lot of the play, we could do nothing.
                      Well, to be fair, the lineup difference between Friday and Saturday, at least personnel wise, wasn't very much.

Friday scratches were Switzer, Winborg, Olmstead, Ohrwall, Gingell and Granowicz.
                      Saturday York, Becker, Switzer, Winborg, M.Pastujov and Granowicz all sat.
                      So the only differences were that York, Becker, and M.Pastujov all played Friday and sat on Saturday replaced by Olmstead, Ohrwall and Gingell who all sat on Friday.

The bigger difference might be who was paired with whom.
                      Red was prolific in juggling combinations during the first half of the season finding out which worked and which didn't. Then after the GLI he would settle in for the second half of the season.
                      Last edited by JoeZ; 10-15-2019, 07:06 AM.
                      Row 1
                      Seats 6 & 7

Comment

It's going to be interesting to see how many people show up in Yost on Saturday.
                        I would almost bet there will be more empty seats than there will be filled seats with the hockey game going up against the telecast of the football game at Penn State and both game starting at the same time.
                        Row 1
                        Seats 6 & 7

Comment

It's going to be interesting to see how many people show up in Yost on Saturday.
                          I would almost bet there will be more empty seats than there will be filled seats with the hockey game going up against the telecast of the football game at Penn State and both game starting at the same time.
                          To be honest, I'd rather skip the football game- I don't think we will win the football game... So I'm happy with the same time.

Comment

To be honest, I'd rather skip the football game- I don't think we will win the football game... So I'm happy with the same time.
                            I'm probably skipping the hockey game. I don't want to go by myself. Husband has the work on call phone starting this weekend, so he can't go. I'm already going to attempt going Friday with just me and the baby, but at least I know my friends that sit next to us are going Friday. I know they won't be there Saturday.

I think it will be pretty empty at Yost Saturday night. I checked Stub Hub to see what tickets are going for: $6.
                            Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                            wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                            7 B1G
                            7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
                            6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
                            5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
                            5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
                            2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
                            2 Alaskan

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
                              I think it will be pretty empty at Yost Saturday night. I checked Stub Hub to see what tickets are going for: $6.
                              I agree in part - there will be a L-O-T of empty seats in Yost.

However those $6 seats are the cheapest listed on Stubhub, endzone row 14 and higher.
                              There are a couple pairs like mine - sect. 3 and sect. 5 (blueline, penalty box side) on the glass, listed for $30 per seat. That's face value.
                              Row 1
                              Seats 6 & 7

Comment

Nice game for the team- getting shots into the net that were not close a week ago, and with the solid offensive play, that turned out really good.

That shutout was 100% Strauss Mann- the D left him hanging a few crazy times. And he was super solid in covering their mistakes. And it's not as if the D was bad- they did mostly a good job, but at times, well.... And a few of them seemed to be slow to turn around, which forced some odd man rushes.

But they won a very solid game!

BTW, if you didn't go to the season ticket holder event, you didn't miss much. Lots of pizza that got cold quickly, some salad, sitting in the stands... Mel didn't show up, but Muckalt did, just for 15 min answering some pre-made questions. No questions from the audience, and it was over way faster than the schedule. At least it was an event for ticket holders- so there is something to build from.

Comment

Working...
                                X