Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Hockey 2019-2020- a big fresh start, again.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Michigan Hockey 2019-2020- a big fresh start, again.

That was fun! Nice to see a practice with Mel commenting, and we enjoyed talking with the players after.

Makes for a more fun start to the season.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
      That was fun! Nice to see a practice with Mel commenting, and we enjoyed talking with the players after.

Makes for a more fun start to the season.
      I was about to say the same thing except for I could not understand ANYTHING Mel said with the echoes in the empty arena. The drills were interesting. I sat with Eric Ciccolini for lunch. Had a nice conversation with him. He has been a friend of Mike Cammalleri for many years. He has been on campus taking summer classes so he knows the basics of getting around town. It would be real nice to see this continued every season.

Two more things - did I miss it? Has anyone seen any announcement on captains for this season? I DID see a plaque in the trophy cases in the lobby that listed the captain for each year. It had Will Lockwood for 2019-20. Will he be the only one with a "C" on his sweater? Who will have the "A"s?

Also, my tickets arrived in today's mail. I'll be sitting in the same spot I have been for this season making 28 years. On the glass at the blueline across from the Wolverines bench.
      Section 3 (formerly 6, before that "F")
      Row 1
      Seats 6 & 7
      Same seats since '93 - at the blue line on the glass

9 NCAA Titles: '48, '51, '52, '53, '55, ''56, '64, '96, '98

Comment

Originally posted by JoeZ View Post
        Two more things - did I miss it? Has anyone seen any announcement on captains for this season? I DID see a plaque in the trophy cases in the lobby that listed the captain for each year. It had Will Lockwood for 2019-20. Will he be the only one with a "C" on his sweater? Who will have the "A"s?
        Okay I did some deep digging on th MGoBlue website and found this from back in April when most of us were trying to forget last season. Lockwood will wear the "C". Slaker, Martin and Luce will all wear the "A".

https://mgoblue.com/news/2019/4/17/i...x?path=mhockey
        Last edited by JoeZ; 09-17-2019, 01:28 PM.
        Row 1
        Seats 6 & 7

Comment

Got my tickets in the mail this week, then I got the Frozen Four e-mail yesterday. I'm looking forward to much better sightlines than the last time the Frozen Four was in Detroit.
          Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
          wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
          7 B1G
          7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
          6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
          5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
          5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
          2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
          2 Alaskan

Comment

We finally have the Hockey and Basketball schedules available including most starting times. I just finished a side by side comparison for conflicts that would eliminate the option of parking in the Crisler lot. There are 3 games on Saturdays where both teams are playing at home. Luckily for hockey fans two of those three games the basketball starts at noon so they will not be a problem. The only complication comes on Dec. 6 with our hockey team hosting Penn State. The time is listed as TBA but you can bet it will be an evening game. That same day the basketball team hosts Iowa starting at 6:30.
            Row 1
            Seats 6 & 7

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
              Got my tickets in the mail this week
              Yeah, mine arrived Tuesday.
              Last edited by JoeZ; 09-18-2019, 12:49 PM.
              Row 1
              Seats 6 & 7

Comment

We finally have the Hockey and Basketball schedules available including most starting times. I just finished a side by side comparison for conflicts that would eliminate the option of parking in the Crisler lot. There are 3 games on Saturdays where both teams are playing at home. Luckily for hockey fans two of those three games the basketball starts at noon so they will not be a problem. The only complication comes on Dec. 6 with our hockey team hosting Penn State. The time is listed as TBA but you can bet it will be an evening game. That same day the basketball team hosts Iowa starting at 6:30.
                Not too bad. Thanks for doing that comparison, now I won't have to.

Arenas visited:
                7 B1G
                2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
                2 Alaskan

Comment

It begins this afternoon. The puck drops at 4:00 in Yost.
                  I'll be in my usual seat like I have been for the past 27 or so years.
                  That open practice and lunch with the team a couple weeks ago was a nice touch.
                  I am curious to see what this year's Season Ticket holder gift is.
                  Row 1
                  Seats 6 & 7

Comment

It begins this afternoon. The puck drops at 4:00 in Yost.
                    I'll be in my usual seat like I have been for the past 27 or so years.
                    That open practice and lunch with the team a couple weeks ago was a nice touch.
                    I am curious to see what this year's Season Ticket holder gift is.
                    I think we heard it was a bag of some type.

Comment

Not sure what we can tell this early on from an exhibition vs. Windsor. We won, so that's good. Freshman were already contributing. I still like Mann as goalie.
                      I didn't pay too close attention yesterday, as we took our little wolverine to her first game.

I think we heard it was a bag of some type.
                      It's a clear plastic tote bag. Check your mail, and hope you don't automatically throw away things that look like the University asking for money. The card for the gift, as well as the 20% concessions card came with a letter from coach in an envelope that looks like the typical junk mail from UofM athletics.

Arenas visited:
                      7 B1G
                      2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
                      2 Alaskan

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
                        Not sure what we can tell this early on from an exhibition vs. Windsor. We won, so that's good. Freshman were already contributing. I still like Mann as goalie.
                        I didn't pay too close attention yesterday, as we took our little wolverine to her first game.

It's a clear plastic tote bag. Check your mail, and hope you don't automatically throw away things that look like the University asking for money. The card for the gift, as well as the 20% concessions card came with a letter from coach in an envelope that looks like the typical junk mail from UofM athletics.
                        My wife really wanted to get it last night, but we were more focused on bringing my aging parents to the game. We were distracted at the right times, just like you and your very little one. BTW, it's good that you are doing band exposure. Should end up following mom's footsteps.

The team looked pretty good- fast, some good passes, and once they passed the 30 shot mark, they really started to go in. But the 3rd period was pretty slow (in terms of skating speed)- so was that Windsor or us? And it will be interesting to see this weekend when it's a real game. York's 2nd goal last night was really sweet- and all of us were actually paying attention to that one.

For the entire season, when we spoke with the team a few weeks ago, they were super excited, and thinking this will be a great season- and compare that with the very pessimistic view of the B1G coaches- thinking we will share the bottom with State.

Comment

For the entire season, when we spoke with the team a few weeks ago, they were super excited, and thinking this will be a great season- and compare that with the very pessimistic view of the B1G coaches- thinking we will share the bottom with State.
                          I've never underestimated your team, don't know why the coaches would.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                            I've never underestimated your team, don't know why the coaches would.
                            Well, when you look at what we lost- I can see that. But that also partially ignores 1) who we gained coming in, and 2) the actual problems with last year's team. You could see the chemistry problems show up on the ice- just like it has periodically over the last 20 or so years- sometimes you get guys who are just not willing to embrace the entire team. If they can fix that, the team will be very good.

Comment

Hockey season starts tonight! I'm excited. Hopefully we make it to the game. My mom is flying in from TX, and I'm supposed to pick her up from the airport. Assuming her flight is on time, we'll have time for dinner (maybe Mr. Spots....it seems appropriate for home hockey games), then the 4 of us will head to the game. Tomorrow night mom's babysitting so husband and I can go unencumbered to the game. Sunday is the reason for my mom's visit as we celebrate my cousin's baby shower. That child will also be raised a hockey fan (though of the green and white variety).

Clarkson this weekend. I remember the game we played up there a couple years back, they were good and our team was not at peak performance yet. All I know about their team this year is they are ranked #11, and we are not ranked. Here's hoping we can get a win this weekend.

Arenas visited:
                              7 B1G
                              2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
                              2 Alaskan

Comment

I super excited, too!!! The team made a lot of positive comments before, now they get to really back it up.

Clarkson is a good team- at least they are expected to be better than us. They won the ECAC Tournament last year, and are returning a lot of players (19). Lost two big scorers, but they seem to think that the guys behind them will fill right in. And they also beat a Canadian team last week rather handily. So if we can do well this weekend, it will be a pretty big deal.

Oh, and a reminder for the season ticket holders- there's the event next Friday before the Lake State game at Cliff Keen- which you need to RSVP for via the email. We are planning on going.

Comment

Working...
                                X