Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Hockey 2019-2020- a big fresh start, again.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Hockey 2019-2020- a big fresh start, again.

Originally posted by umichjim View Post
    A couple of players we spoke with after the game seemed pretty concerned about Jimmy. Of course, we will wait for the medical reports. Sure hope it isn't serious. He ads a spark and has really been coming on of late. Team is 9-3-1 since December 1st and is very confident. Only six points out of first place with two games in hand on both PSU and OSU. The next three weeks should be pretty exciting! Go Blue!!
    There's is definitely a logjam at the top. #1 has 33 points then a 3-way tie @ 31 points followed by #5 @ 28 points and us @ 27 points. On top of that the next 3 weekends are against the 3 teams immediately above us. Our fate is definitely in our own hands.

#5 Notre Dame has Minnesota at home, us here then sparty at home
    #2a MSU has us H-N, TTDS at home then at ND
    #2b Minnesota has at ND, at PSU then us at home
    #2c TTDS has at MSU then Wisconsin at home

It's almost shaping up as a 3 week round-robin tournament among the 5 teams to determine regular season finishing slots 2-6. One VERY big factor is that the other four teams all have two games in hand over TTDS. With only 4 points separating top to bottom they could slip all the way down to 6th! I don't think there is any way things could break for us to move to #1 or #2, #3 would require things to break just right. Bur moving up 1 or 2 spots to #5 or #4 is certainly possible, maybe even likely.
    Section 3 (formerly 6, before that "F")
    Row 1
    Seats 6 & 7
    Same seats since '93 - at the blue line on the glass

9 NCAA Titles: '48, '51, '52, '53, '55, ''56, '64, '96, '98

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
      I think it's been 20 years since it was an official promotion. Back when Cottage Inn had to stop it because they were forced to reward that so many times.

But it still resonates as a 10 goal game. Almost all the people we sit next to were moved there in the 96-97 season after the remodel, so we have been together for a very long time.
      At least 20 years. Hasn't been a thing since I've been a fan. But I will still chant "we want pizza" in the same way I chant "go to Subway" which also was something that predates my time.

I hope Lambert is ok.

Glad we got the 6 points this weekend. Going against the worst team in the conference, we needed to take all the points. Sparty this week will be tough. They've been playing really well. This will be the first series between the two since my Sparty cousin had her baby. This weekend is for bragging rights between a certain radio announcer's grandbaby and my little one.
      Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
      wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
      7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

Lower bowl general admission tickets for Monday's game are now $15. Sounds like they're having a hard time selling tickets.

The low cost is now tempting me, but I don't want to support college hockey on a Monday night. This isn't the Beanpot.

Arenas visited:
        7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

With the rivalry I'm hoping Friday at least will be a strong competitive game. We're on a bye so I have my reminder set to watch it.

Comment

Eric Ciccolini is out for the season:https://www.michigandaily.com/sectio...oulder-surgery

Can't find news about Lambert, except for him being named a B1G star for the week...

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
              With the rivalry I'm hoping Friday at least will be a strong competitive game. We're on a bye so I have my reminder set to watch it.
              I am going to the game on Friday night, taking my nephew who is a soph at MSU. I am hoping for a good game. I heard the new football coach is dropping the puck to start the game and they are having a white out. After having been in Yost the past two weekends, it will be hard to match the atmosphere, but I am guessing it is going to be a wild crowd on Friday night.

And having the neutral site game on a Monday is about as bad as having the GLI finish on Jan 2nd.
              Infrequent poster, frequent reader.

Comment

Eric Ciccolini is out for the season:https://www.michigandaily.com/sectio...oulder-surgery

Can't find news about Lambert, except for him being named a B1G star for the week...
                Hope Lambert is OK, he's definitely been picking it up as of late, I'd hate to see him get sidelined now. Can't wait for the MSU game, hope they can pull off a win. I'll be watching all the way from NY haha.
                Utica Pioneers Hockey
                2012-13 Frozen Four Semi-Finalist
                2017-18, 2018-19, 2019-20 UCHC Regular Season Champs
                2017-18 UCHC Tournament Champions
                2019-20 UCHC Tournament Champions

Comment

Originally posted by kjaskolski View Post
                  I am going to the game on Friday night, taking my nephew who is a soph at MSU. I am hoping for a good game. I heard the new football coach is dropping the puck to start the game and they are having a white out. After having been in Yost the past two weekends, it will be hard to match the atmosphere, but I am guessing it is going to be a wild crowd on Friday night.

And having the neutral site game on a Monday is about as bad as having the GLI finish on Jan 2nd.
                  I was there, and there was a block of about 75-90 students that all got seats together, and totally took over Munn for long portions of the game. It kinda felt like a home game, and they dominated the MSU students (Granted, the game flow dictated that). Regardless, that was the best performance I have seen all year. From the team and the fans.
                  Infrequent poster, frequent reader.

Comment

Hope we can finish the sweep Monday, as the B1G standings are really tight.

Comment

Forgot to ask, did Lambert play last night?

Comment

Forgot to ask, did Lambert play last night?
                        No....TV guys said out with "Lower Body Injury". Hope he is back soon.
                        The certainties of life...Death, Taxes and bad B1G Referees.

Comment

Originally posted by umichjim View Post
                          No....TV guys said out with "Lower Body Injury". Hope he is back soon.
                          Well he DOES have 2 extra days to get healed. Instead of the usual Fri/Sat games this week it is Fri/Mon.
                          Row 1
                          Seats 6 & 7

Comment

Hope we can finish the sweep Monday, as the B1G standings are really tight.
                            "Tight" does not begin to describe it. Only FOUR points separate 1st from 6th! I would LOVE to see the Badgers take another 3 points from the Lions and the Gophers and Leprechaun tie again tonight. TTDS will probably wake up tomorrow morning in 5th place regardless of what happens.
                            Row 1
                            Seats 6 & 7

Comment

When I first saw you were playing MSU Monday I thought it was a cool idea since you could do a matinee on President's Day and try to draw a lot of kids to the game. Why on earth are you playing at 7?

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                                When I first saw you were playing MSU Monday I thought it was a cool idea since you could do a matinee on President's Day and try to draw a lot of kids to the game. Why on earth are you playing at 7?
                                Excellent question. Wish I knew an answer.

At least 2 points tonight would put us into 3rd in the conference, and a win would put us 1 game behind the teams tied for first.

Will he extra time between games help MSU recover and let the anger grow looking for revenge after being outplayed on their home ice?

I watched that game from the comfort of my home (as I will watch tonight's). It was great seeing the Children of Yost representing, and with the way that game went, the maize and blue fans got a lot more camera love than the green and white.

Arenas visited:

Comment

Working...
                                X