Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Hockey 2019-2020- a big fresh start, again.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Hockey 2019-2020- a big fresh start, again.

Totally opposite game tonight- they were better and we were just not all there.

Comment

I have to say from my vantage point I was very surprised they called that second major and ejection. It doesn't help when you have to adjust lines minus 2 players.
      My thrill of the win was kind of cut short today when driving back past Ann Arbor on 23 a car in front of me threw up a stone and cracked my windshield so Michigan got her pound of flesh from me!
      But I will say it was nice seeing Wolverine Trumpet and being shown current pictures of the little parasite or should I say big parasite. She was precious!
      And Alfa, a pleasure to finally meet you and if you get down here for a game or when I come up next season I'll treat you to a beer somewhere before the game like I did that time for WT and hear more of your perspective on your program in person.
      Last edited by Hockeybuckeye; 02-02-2020, 10:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
        I have to say from my vantage point I was very surprised they called that second major and ejection. It doesn't help when you have to adjust lines minus 2 players.
        My thrill of the win was kind of cut short today when driving back past Ann Arbor on 23 a car in front of me threw up a stone and cracked my windshield so Michigan got her pound of flesh from me!
        But I will say it was nice seeing Wolverine Trumpet and being shown current pictures of the little parasite or should I say big parasite. She was precious!
        And Alfa, a pleasure to finally meet you and if you get down here for a game or when I come up next season I'll treat you to a beer somewhere before the game like I did that time for WT and hear more of your perspective on your program in person.
        It was great to meet you too!! Kind of unlikely that we will come down to Columbus for a game- it's been a couple of decades since we saw an away game- it was at Kent State, after Idaho got beat by Youngstown St- so we were already on our way back to AA.

Comment

It was nice seeing you again. Sorry our lovely Michigan roads took their toll on your car.

It was an interesting series. Michigan looked strong Friday night, and despite the score Saturday (getting down 2 early is never good) I think they played well. It's tough spend half a period down a man. Not proud of the penalties, but proud of the guys on the ice that killed off two 5 minute majors. That's some grit that I don't think we saw from this team the first half of the season.
          Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
          wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
          7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

I saw Beecher suspended this Friday by the conference as an additional punishment for the head butt.
            How much of a detriment will that be for you?

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
              It was great to meet you too!! Kind of unlikely that we will come down to Columbus for a game- it's been a couple of decades since we saw an away game- it was at Kent State, after Idaho got beat by Youngstown St- so we were already on our way back to AA.
              Well if you want to get together next season for a beer before the game let me know. Maybe WT & her hubby will want to join us if we do.
              And if you ever come down here for a game you'll be well treated. We don't get the drunken rude & crude crowd that football does, we treat opposing hockey fans respectfully.

Comment

We don't get the drunken rude & crude crowd that football does, we treat opposing hockey fans respectfully.
                Lies! I've had something thrown at me in all the D1 rinks in Ohio. Ok, fine, at the Schott I think it was popcorn (or a straw wrapper, can't remember which was Miami and which was OSU). So, yes, the hockey crowd is nicer than the crowd at the horseshoe where I had batteries thrown at me and I was spit at.

Actually, I've found hockey trips enjoyable everywhere I've gone and almost always find friendly, knowledgeable fans to have a conversation with.

Anyway,
                Wisconsin tonight. We sold our tickets because husband doesn't get home from work until 6:30. 6 pm weekday game is dumb. Having the promotion be 'fan choice night' is even more dumb. Pretty sure a lot of fans would choose a different start time.

We need a sweep this weekend. Wisconsin is not good. I think they are more not good than us.
                Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
                  Lies! I've had something thrown at me in all the D1 rinks in Ohio. Ok, fine, at the Schott I think it was popcorn (or a straw wrapper, can't remember which was Miami and which was OSU). So, yes, the hockey crowd is nicer than the crowd at the horseshoe where I had batteries thrown at me and I was spit at.

Actually, I've found hockey trips enjoyable everywhere I've gone and almost always find friendly, knowledgeable fans to have a conversation with.

Anyway,
                  Wisconsin tonight. We sold our tickets because husband doesn't get home from work until 6:30. 6 pm weekday game is dumb. Having the promotion be 'fan choice night' is even more dumb. Pretty sure a lot of fans would choose a different start time.

We need a sweep this weekend. Wisconsin is not good. I think they are more not good than us.
                  Had to look up what "fan choice night" is. Not being on any social media, I can't even reply.

I did hear from a birdie that tonight "fan of the game" is another poster here. Not us- we were last Friday.

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post

Hey, I'm not vouching for the football crowd. There's better ways to go through life than rude, crude and drunk!
                    I did see the last time I was walking to The Game an OSU student grab the M hat off an elderly gentleman's head and run off with it. If I could have caught the little SOB he would have learned a pretty hard life lesson!

Anyways, good luck tonight against the Badgers!

Comment

It's been a while since we've been that close to pizza.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                        It's been a while since we've been that close to pizza.
                        Is that promotion even still running? It's been so long since it paid off.
                        I also cannot recall the last time I even heard it mentioned.
                        I believe I heard it given mention on the PA during the games but not in at least a decade.
                        Last edited by JoeZ; 02-08-2020, 07:30 AM.
                        Section 3 (formerly 6, before that "F")
                        Row 1
                        Seats 6 & 7
                        Same seats since '93 - at the blue line on the glass

9 NCAA Titles: '48, '51, '52, '53, '55, ''56, '64, '96, '98

Comment

Originally posted by JoeZ View Post
                          Is that promotion even still running? It's been so long since it paid off.
                          I also cannot recall the last time I even heard it mentioned.
                          I believe I heard it given mention on the PA during the games but not in at least a decade.
                          I think it's been 20 years since it was an official promotion. Back when Cottage Inn had to stop it because they were forced to reward that so many times.

But it still resonates as a 10 goal game. Almost all the people we sit next to were moved there in the 96-97 season after the remodel, so we have been together for a very long time.

Comment

Something for me to really watch for tonight- Jimmy Lambert just got his second goal last night, but has played all 27 games. He does get a lot of assists, but I could have sworn he has gotten more goals- he's played really well all season. So I'm watching him closer tonight.

Comment

Never going to say I'm watching anyone in particular again. Lambert was having another great game with 2 more assists, and then boom... Hope he's ok.

Comment

A couple of players we spoke with after the game seemed pretty concerned about Jimmy. Of course, we will wait for the medical reports. Sure hope it isn't serious. He ads a spark and has really been coming on of late. Team is 9-3-1 since December 1st and is very confident. Only six points out of first place with two games in hand on both PSU and OSU. The next three weeks should be pretty exciting! Go Blue!!
                                The certainties of life...Death, Taxes and bad B1G Referees.

Comment

Working...
                                X