Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Hockey 2019-2020- a big fresh start, again.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Hockey 2019-2020- a big fresh start, again.

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
    My current plan is to go Monday but not Tuesday. I'll be trying to find some Tech friends to watch the first game with.

It's tough to take 2 more days off of work after taking some time this week to be with family. Plus, hockey before noon? I don't understand.

Is Ferris any good this year? How will the B1G team with the worst record fair against an average WCHA team?
    The WCHA is basically 6 haves and 4 have-nots so far, and Ferris is firmly in the latter category. Throw out their 2 wins and 2 ties against the other dregs of the league (UAA and UAH) and the Bulldogs are a paltry 4-9. They get outshot regularly by about a 3 to 2 margin, and like a typical Ferris team they parade to the penalty box. With a kill under 80%, that's not how you win hockey games. If your PP is ever going to get healthy, this is who you want to play.

I'd be very surprised if you were playing before noon on Tuesday.

Comment

Agreed . I really hope there is more interest than I have seen so far as well.
      MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

I really don't understand this team. How can we regress so much on defense? We went from being somewhat capable of breaking out of our zone back to blind dumps to nobody in particular- just giving the other team the puck...

Sometimes, the GLI has turned a poor start around, but I see no reason for optimism the rest of the way. None at all. All opponents need to do is watch a little game tame, and we are done- we do the same thing over and over again, with the same terrible results.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
          I really don't understand this team. How can we regress so much on defense? We went from being somewhat capable of breaking out of our zone back to blind dumps to nobody in particular- just giving the other team the puck...

Sometimes, the GLI has turned a poor start around, but I see no reason for optimism the rest of the way. None at all. All opponents need to do is watch a little game tame, and we are done- we do the same thing over and over again, with the same terrible results.
          I thought you were the better team and deserved the win. Good luck going forward.
          MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
            I thought you were the better team and deserved the win. Good luck going forward.
            I actually disagree. Tech did what they needed to do to survive the first two periods, and then waited until Michigan got desperate and made a lot of mistakes. Then jumped all over those opportunities to win the tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
              Maybe the first 2 periods. This team needs endurance. We've had a lot of sloppy 3rd periods. Credit to Tech on the win, they outplayed us in the 3rd.
              Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
              wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
              7 B1G
              7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
              6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
              5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
              5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
              2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
              2 Alaskan

Comment

So still don't get a good feel for what this team is- good or bad- they just shutout ND 3-0. I didn't see that one coming.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                  So still don't get a good feel for what this team is- good or bad- they just shutout ND 3-0. I didn't see that one coming.
                  Neither did I. Let's see how they follow it up tonight.

Speaking of tonight I wonder if the team will spend the night in South Bend or brave the likely hazardous driving conditions after the game?

https://local.nixle.com/alert/7753852/?sub_id=205120
                  Section 3 (formerly 6, before that "F")
                  Row 1
                  Seats 6 & 7
                  Same seats since '93 - at the blue line on the glass

9 NCAA Titles: '48, '51, '52, '53, '55, ''56, '64, '96, '98

Comment

Huh, a sweep. They are looking better- I didn't know that I could stream the game, and in the third, our one man in strangely had a big effect on ND and them breaking out in any decent way.

Comment

I hesitate to post this on USCHO but College Hockey News has named our Wolverines their "College Hockey Team of the Week" for their sweep of the Irish!

https://www.collegehockeynews.com/ne...k-Michigan.php
                      Row 1
                      Seats 6 & 7

Comment

Originally posted by JoeZ View Post
                        I hesitate to post this on USCHO but College Hockey News has named our Wolverines their "College Hockey Team of the Week" for their sweep of the Irish!

https://www.collegehockeynews.com/ne...k-Michigan.php
                        For our team, the bar is set pretty low for a great weekend. In the good old days, we would expect a sweep- now it's a highlight.

Ok, that's kind of mean- maybe we are really seeing a turn around.

If they can do the same this weekend, that would be huge- and would gain massive ground in the B1G standings.

Comment

It's what, the 2nd sweep of the season? I think we swept LSSU earlier.

It was a huge weekend, nearly doubled our conference points. Can they keep up the momentum?

alfa, I like your optimism of if they could do the same this weekend, but I think even getting 1 win at Happy Valley would show we're going in the right direction.
                          Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                          wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                          7 B1G
                          7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
                          6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
                          5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
                          5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
                          2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
                          2 Alaskan

Comment

• Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
                            It's what, the 2nd sweep of the season? I think we swept LSSU earlier.

It was a huge weekend, nearly doubled our conference points. Can they keep up the momentum?

alfa, I like your optimism of if they could do the same this weekend, but I think even getting 1 win at Happy Valley would show we're going in the right direction.
                            Yes we did sweep LSSU early
                            Row 1
                            Seats 6 & 7

Comment

Hobey Baker Award nominees announced.
                              Of the 7 Div. 1 institutions in Michigan SIX are represented. Only ONE does not have a candidate.
                              Care to guess which one that is?

http://mihockey.com/2020/01/2020-hob...x831THQMmcffEM
                              Row 1
                              Seats 6 & 7

Comment

Fellow by the name of James Sanchez from Arizona State made the list. Remember him?
                                The certainties of life...Death, Taxes and bad B1G Referees.

Comment

Working...
                                X