Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Hockey 2019-2020- a big fresh start, again.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
    It's what, the 2nd sweep of the season? I think we swept LSSU earlier.

It was a huge weekend, nearly doubled our conference points. Can they keep up the momentum?

alfa, I like your optimism of if they could do the same this weekend, but I think even getting 1 win at Happy Valley would show we're going in the right direction.
    Well, we got the one win! Hope they have some more goals in them for tonight.

Comment

• Re: Michigan Hockey 2019-2020- a big fresh start, again.

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
      Well, we got the one win! Hope they have some more goals in them for tonight.
      WHAT AN AWAKENING IN THE 3RD PERIOD!

4 goals in 4 minutes!

Even one on the PP!
      Section 3 (formerly 6, before that "F")
      Row 1
      Seats 6 & 7
      Same seats since '93 - at the blue line on the glass

9 NCAA Titles: '48, '51, '52, '53, '55, ''56, '64, '96, '98

Comment

So nice to see some goals going in for a change. Sure hope it continues!
        The certainties of life...Death, Taxes and bad B1G Referees.

Comment

Hard earned win tonight! Team has taken 11 of 12 possible points in two tough road series. Can we start believing yet?
          The certainties of life...Death, Taxes and bad B1G Referees.

Comment

Got to say your Friday win was impressive to say the least and on Penn State's home ice too and you got the win in the 2nd OT tonight (screw it being officially a tie).
            Though unintentional you certainly did us a solid with your handling of Penn State.
            See you in 2 weeks!

Comment

• Originally posted by umichjim View Post
              Hard earned win tonight! Team has taken 11 of 12 possible points in two tough road series. Can we start believing yet?
              They are really putting the puck in the net now! Gained 4 points on PSU and 2 on OSU. Two points from 4th and still a long way from the top. But if we can get more weekends like that, that could change quite quickly.

Comment

11 goals scored this weekend. I love it.

Has this team turned a corner? Or is this a fluke?

Hubby and I watched most of the games. They looked good. Penn State did not look like a #6 in the country team.
                Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                7 B1G
                7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
                6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
                5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
                5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
                2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
                2 Alaskan

Comment

You know something is wrong when you start paying attention to the other team.... Dang they are good.

Comment

Well you need the points, we need the points who wants it more this weekend?
                    We'd be handing them all to you if we play like last weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                      I think we're also in the boat of not sure which team will show up. Could make for an interesting weekend.

Are you making the trip to Yost this year? We may be bringing the parasite to Friday's game.
                      Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                      wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                      7 B1G
                      7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
                      6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
                      5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
                      5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
                      2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
                      2 Alaskan

Comment

Based on our play 2 and 3 weeks ago, one would suggest that it will be a lot of good hockey.

Based on last week, it will be an easy sweep, and not for us.

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
                          I think we're also in the boat of not sure which team will show up. Could make for an interesting weekend.

Are you making the trip to Yost this year? We may be bringing the parasite to Friday's game.
                          I'll be there Saturday with some of the Michigan clan, my cousin and his wife from Northville. Somebody will get to needle the other depending on who wins.
                          I hope you can make the Satuday game with the parasite. I'd love to see how big the little cutie is since last years games.

Comment

That was a heck of a hockey game.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                              That was a heck of a hockey game.
                              Congrats on the win. I can't put my finger on it why Ohio state seems so out of sync the past few games but it sure give opportunities and your guys didn't hesitate to capitalize.
                              I'll be there tonight so I'll either bring them luck or jinx them worse - no promises on which!

Comment

Congrats on the win. I can't put my finger on it why Ohio state seems so out of sync the past few games but it sure give opportunities and your guys didn't hesitate to capitalize.
                                I'll be there tonight so I'll either bring them luck or jinx them worse - no promises on which!
                                For this game, it would be interesting to really look how out of sync you were vs. Michigan playing different- two weeks ago, I caught the last 10 min of the UM-Notre Dame game, and it was interesting how Notre Dame looked totally ineffective. This being one of the top teams in the country, but the kind of pressure our team was applying just made it tough.

Especially when you see how effective your PP was last night. So it's not as if the team was out all night- just when it was 5 on 5.

Comment

Working...
                                X