Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Hockey 2019-2020- a big fresh start, again.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Hockey 2019-2020- a big fresh start, again.

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
    Either. We are on a big ship right now.
    I see.
    Well enjoy the food and scenery and don't get trapped on board by coronavirus!

Comment

Ugh.
      Makes tonight a very big game.

Win, hockey at Yost next week
      Tie w 2 points same
      Tie w 1 and I don’t know the tie breaker, but I suspect that H2H gives us 3rd. Except that state would tie us with a win in this situation.
      Loss and we go someplace else next weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by alfablue View Post
        Ugh.
        Makes tonight a very big game.

Win, hockey at Yost next week
        Tie w 2 points same
        Tie w 1 and I don’t know the tie breaker, but I suspect that H2H gives us 3rd. Except that state would tie us with a win in this situation.
        Loss and we go someplace else next weekend.
        No idea why I thought this was the last weekend of play..... so the situation isn’t nearly as dire as it looks.

Although going up to Minnesota next weekend and getting points will be tough... mathmatically, we can pass psu if we win all 3 remaining games.

Comment

Wow! Never expected to be swept at Yost in the biggest weekend of the season, so far. Thought those scoring woes were behind us. Gotta pick it up and win two at Minny and let the chips fall where they may.
          The certainties of life...Death, Taxes and bad B1G Referees.

Comment

Originally posted by umichjim View Post
            Wow! Never expected to be swept at Yost in the biggest weekend of the season, so far. Thought those scoring woes were behind us. Gotta pick it up and win two at Minny and let the chips fall where they may.
            Enter the weekend with the real possibility of winning the B1G (winning all 4 games) from 3rd, and exit in 5th, one point from 4th. Reminds me of last year, sadly.

Comment

Enter the weekend with the real possibility of winning the B1G (winning all 4 games) from 3rd, and exit in 5th, one point from 4th. Reminds me of last year, sadly.
              Rough weekend. Close loses reminds me of the beginning of the season. I thought we'd stay on the roll we'd been on since it started with a sweep at Notre Dame.

Looking at the standings, Penn State has a bye week and will finish with 41 points. aOSU plays Wisconsin, I'm gonna predict that's 2 wins for the *eyes and they end up with 42 points. If somehow we sweep at Minnesota this weekend...39 points, would put us ahead of Minnie and however things shake out with Notre Dame/MSU we'd finish ahead of at least one of them.

So, win out and we can still get 3rd or 4th in the conference and home ice. Lose one and we're on the road (there is the MSU takes 5 points, ND gets 1, we get 3, we all tie for 4th with 36 points possibility...but I don't want to figure out how that tiebreaker works out)
              Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
              wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
              7 B1G
              7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
              6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
              5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
              5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
              2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
              2 Alaskan

Comment

Yeah I agree with you. That was a tough weekend to watch, especially for the seniors. Friday was a close one, Saturday...different story. Basically have to win-out for the best possible playoff scenario. I hope they can pick themselves back up after this weekend and get some momentum going towards the playoffs. Anything's possible come playoff time!
                Utica Pioneers Hockey
                2012-13 Frozen Four Semi-Finalist
                2017-18, 2018-19, 2019-20 UCHC Regular Season Champs
                2017-18 UCHC Tournament Champions
                2019-20 UCHC Tournament Champions

Comment

Anybody here see that movie about a human centipede?

Comment

I hope it doesn't sound too self serving wishing you guys luck this weekend but it would benefit us both for you to get the wins this weekend.

Comment

So the two goal lead is still the most dangerous. Given how they played in the 2nd, thank god that it ended in a tie- had Mann not been still on his game, there's no way we win that.

HAVE to win tonight.

If we lose, either MSU or ND will pass us. Even if it's a tie in any way for that game.

If we tie, and the above game ends in some kind of real win, we also lose out- two points does not give us enough against either teams if they win- ND would pass us in points, MSU has us with wins. (and two points would not make us pass OSU if they lose, I think).

Three points would be interesting- as we would pass Minnesota- who still has a possibility of tying PSU, and getting the 2nd seed. Winning the game would move us from 4th to 3rd regardless- possibly 2nd if Wisco can pull off the upset sweep.

Funny how close the standings are, though- a win and we are 2nd or 3rd, a loss puts us 5th for sure. And the announcers were talking about MSU being in first place not to long ago, and now are in 6th fighting for 4th.

Comment

[QUOTE=alfablue;6911835]
                        HAVE to win tonight.

Offense has to find its scoring touch again. Team that averaged over 4 goals a game after beginning of the new year has scored 3 goals in the past 9+ periods. Hope they get some offense tonight. Cannot expect Mann to be the super star every night.
                        The certainties of life...Death, Taxes and bad B1G Referees.

Comment

Offense has to find its scoring touch again. Team that averaged over 4 goals a game after beginning of the new year has scored 3 goals in the past 9+ periods. Hope they get some offense tonight. Cannot expect Mann to be the super star every night.
                          Didn't quite get the scoring touch like we want, but the offensive play was pretty effective in keeping the shots down for Minny. Nice win, and we get a home game next weekend! Now we have to wait to see if we are 2nd or 3rd.

Comment

So the CHN app says we finished 2nd, but whereas the B1G site says 3rd. Given the w-l-t of it all, 3rd makes more sense- right?

Comment

So the CHN app says we finished 2nd, but whereas the B1G site says 3rd. Given the w-l-t of it all, 3rd makes more sense- right?
                              I've given up trying to figure out all the tiebreakers when it gets to be more than two teams.

At this point I am more confident playing Li'l Brother than the leprechaun. I was very disappointed a week ago dropping both games, especially with the run the team has been on since the calendar turned to 2020. Take away those two games and the record would be 9-1-2 over that span of time. Like the old saying goes - "Don't bet against a Jeff Jackson coached team this time of year." That goes back to his Lake State teams.

Then looking forward (I know, don't jinx them) the winner of Wisconsin @ Minnesota will be next. As a reminder, we were 3-1 vs. Wis. for the season, 1-1-0 in Nov, 2-0-0 in Feb. Against Minn. it was 1-1-2 for the season, 0-2-0 in Nov and 1-0-1 in Feb. Counting the shoot out win as a win (which it would be in a tournament) it would be 2-2-0 for th season and 2-0-0 for Feb.
                              Section 3 (formerly 6, before that "F")
                              Row 1
                              Seats 6 & 7
                              Same seats since '93 - at the blue line on the glass

9 NCAA Titles: '48, '51, '52, '53, '55, ''56, '64, '96, '98

Comment

Yep. Michigan is the #3 seed because of the second tie breaker which is determined by the team with the best regular season winning percentage against the other tied team(s). OSU was 3-1-0 (.750) vs Mich. 1-3-0 (.250) during the regular season.

Comment

Working...
                                X