Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another Mass Shooting: It's Those Darn Video Games!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Another Mass Shooting: It's Those Darn Video Games!

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
    This is why I keep asking for people to define things when they use terms like "Semi-auto". An O/U or SxS is banned by what people here say they want.

Where did I EVER say that I was in favor of keeping "Modern Sporting Rifles" (MSR's) around? Those are the mean looking assault rifle looking ones... The problem is that when you take those out by using blanket terminology you also take out "traditional" hunting weapons like the Remington 870 (which is the best selling non-military firearm of all time BTW).

You're just assuming that responsible hunters want to hunt with a Howitzer, and that is not the case. Like most things in modern political debate, you are either A or B, no in-between. A and B can be miles apart in philosophy but it's all or nothing. And that is a MAJOR problem
    6 round magazine, one shot per second. Done. No need for more than that for any sport- hunting is pointless if you fire faster than that, as is target shooting. The only reason you need more than that it to kill more people faster. Which we don't need.

If we can make changing the magazine like changing the empty rounds in a 6 shooter, all the better.

No need to define what kind each gun is, as you can keep any auto gun as long as it's slow, and limited rounds. Takes care of everything.

BTW, people can keep what they have, especially if we make it a federal crime to sell any gun that is more capable of that- mostly because MOST mass shootings, the shooter gets his weapons reasonably close to the event. And a harsh federal crime, as well as a massive civic liability (which I'd totally open up so that anyone who sells an illegal gun to a shooter is immediately bankrupt). No need to collect guns that are out there now- the system will take care of itself if we really penalize people who are dumb and just sell their guns to anyone.

(Just like we SHOULD be putting the ban hammer on companies who hire illegal immigrants- as THEY are the real source of the problem)
    Last edited by alfablue; 08-17-2019, 05:11 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
      This is why I keep asking for people to define things when they use terms like "Semi-auto". An O/U or SxS is banned by what people here say they want.

Where did I EVER say that I was in favor of keeping "Modern Sporting Rifles" (MSR's) around? Those are the mean looking assault rifle looking ones... The problem is that when you take those out by using blanket terminology you also take out "traditional" hunting weapons like the Remington 870 (which is the best selling non-military firearm of all time BTW).

You're just assuming that responsible hunters want to hunt with a Howitzer, and that is not the case. Like most things in modern political debate, you are either A or B, no in-between. A and B can be miles apart in philosophy but it's all or nothing. And that is a MAJOR problem
      You're the one that brought up the hunting culture...i responded those weapons aren't needed. You freaked out...
      Hunting isn't needed here. It's a luxury...if the hunting community can't give up "assault rifles" (and as I defined that is whatever what in the original ban, and you seemed to have no issues there) then that's their problem with that culture.
      At this point...im done trying to cater to or placate those who want to keep their phallic extensions regardless of use. The US is not responsible enough to keep them.
      When the 2A has become more important to thr gun lobby than the right to live...i no longer care about the opinion of the gun lobby.
      "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
      -Gallagher

R.I.P.
      Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
      Grandma ~ Jan 2004
      Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
      Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
        Door to door. Send in the ATF and FBI to confiscate the semiautos. Looking forward to all the suicides by cop.
        Yes, I would like to live in a police state. That sounds awesome. Also, say someone has 6 guns, and gives up 5. Hmm, ok, this person gave up all his weapons, 5 is about right. Let's move on. You know that will happen.

And again, what I proposed is only a PORTION of the overall reform. Some of what Scooby said is also needed. Add to that, if we can figure out the medical privacy laws then we can do the mental health checks I also desire. Then, top it off with red flag laws. I am thinking we'll see a change in what's currently happening.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
          Yes, I would like to live in a police state. That sounds awesome. Also, say someone has 6 guns, and gives up 5. Hmm, ok, this person gave up all his weapons, 5 is about right. Let's move on. You know that will happen.

And again, what I proposed is only a PORTION of the overall reform. Some of what Scooby said is also needed. Add to that, if we can figure out the medical privacy laws then we can do the mental health checks I also desire. Then, top it off with red flag laws. I am thinking we'll see a change in what's currently happening.
          Getting my bearings back after a long day on the road.
          I guess what I'm saying is, my mods proposal on its own is only PART of a bigger plan. Scooby added some parts to that plan, and there are still other parts that need to be added. On its own? Yes, I agree it's not enough. Hence, the necessity of those other parts to make a change.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Hunting is not a luxury for some people. That's an extreme position.

Comment

• In a surprise move Trump is backing off background checks.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                In a surprise move Trump is backing off background checks.
                Maybe he can make thoughts and prayers mandatory at work and school

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                    Why can't the NRA see that the more they play games like this, the more likely that 80% of Americans will decide that the 2nd is no longer needed? Play the game responsibly, and you will get to keep your deadly toys.

Comment

A group that is interested in more guns- the companies that are making money on our horrible situation- bullet resistant back packs for school.

Yea, they are a thing.

How did we get here?

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                        A group that is interested in more guns- the companies that are making money on our horrible situation- bullet resistant back packs for school.

Yea, they are a thing.

How did we get here?
                        Hope they will focus more on detecting the gun carriers and preventing the incidents.

Comment

Richard Childress steps down from NRA, citing his want to focus on his family and racing empire.

If I were heading a sportsman group not affiliated with the NRA, I'd start talking to these people and work to create a new group where they get to the roots and push for: training classes, background checks, registration for licenses to operate firearms, smaller magazines, target/sports emphasis.

These are public people who "speak" and "relate" to flyover sportsmen and could swing them onto your side.

Get ahead of the obvious outcome (gun ban) and push the NRA out. Might even get some moderate Dems on board to take the stigma of "they're coming for your gunz!" away.
                          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Armed intruder at LSU

https://thehill.com/homenews/news/45...ate-university

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                              It's not the guns fault. Thoughts and prayers.
                              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Guns don’t kill people
                                Guns held by people kill people

a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Working...
                                X