Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another Mass Shooting: It's Those Darn Video Games!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Another Mass Shooting: It's Those Darn Video Games!

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    TFW you lay out an amazing predicate for why these guns should be banned because they're not useful for hunting nor are they reasonable for self defense.
    I'm pretty sure a practiced revolver shooter could put out 41 rounds in 30 seconds*, and that would involve 6 reloads.

Revolver. (But again, heat would be an issue.)

So revolvers are not useful for self-defense?

*The world record is for 12 revolver shots (fire six shots, reload, fire six shots from 1 revolver) is under 3 seconds.
    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
      I've been thinking about getting one of those little small caliber purse pistols with a snub nose and a hair trigger. What does that say?
      Weak wrist?
      The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
        You sound like 90% of the gun nuts I've met in the last decade. Your guns are there to express what a powerful man you are. I find that sad.
        I live where there are animals in the countryside that see you as a threat (in the case of momma moose), or prey*. That's why I carry.

I find target shooting relaxing as it forces me to clear my mind and focus on the task at hand. It's a recreational hobby for me.

I have my concealed carry permit because (a) I'm not an open carry fan, and (b) if it's not in my vault I want it under my control and not locked in a vehicle.

*Heck, the predators are going out of rural Cass County into subdivisions. That was under 2 miles from a sibling's house. Meow.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
          I'm pretty sure a practiced revolver shooter could put out 41 rounds in 30 seconds*, and that would involve 6 reloads.

Revolver. (But again, heat would be an issue.)

So revolvers are not useful for self-defense?

*The world record is for 12 revolver shots (fire six shots, reload, fire six shots from 1 revolver) is under 3 seconds.
          How about this, we get rid of the weapons of war that serve no purpose other than to paint the streets red and then we can have discussions about world class revolver shooters?
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
            I live where there are animals in the countryside that see you as a threat (in the case of momma moose), or prey*. That's why I carry.

I find target shooting relaxing as it forces me to clear my mind and focus on the task at hand. It's a recreational hobby for me.

I have my concealed carry permit because (a) I'm not an open carry fan, and (b) if it's not in my vault I want it under my control and not locked in a vehicle.

*Heck, the predators are going out of rural Cass County into subdivisions. That was under 2 miles from a sibling's house. Meow.
            What processor do you use for those 30-50 feral hogs you bag?
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post
              To turn milk jugs of water into confetti at a gun range. To create air holes in plywood at a gun range.

Or kill lots of people in a single go not at a gun range. Up to the user.

*ding*ding*ding*
              So in other words...no need for it at all...just another phallic enhancement.
              "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
              -Gallagher

R.I.P.
              Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
              Grandma ~ Jan 2004
              Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
              Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Sounds like we almost had another one today in Austin.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.kxa...stin-park/amp/
                "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post

You have to carry because of a f-ing moose? Lol dude, just don’t get in between mama and babies and you’re fine. Give your balls a tug.

Heck, the park that has our main soccer complex has black bears all the time and nobody uses a gun.

Seriously, put the gun down and give your balls a tug.
                  U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                  Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                  I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                  But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                  Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                  Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

“Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Jfc
                      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

The last thing we want is kids having fun.
                        Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                        Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                          The last thing we want is kids having fun.
                          Find different fun.
                          Jfc.
                          -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                          Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

Proposal to become law; some details I'm sure need to be ironed out, but here goes (and this is only part of what I desire in reform).

For Manufacturers:
                            As of June 1, 2019, whatever you are currently producing, you can continue to produce. However, any new designs/new guns in the works, all those plans must be scrapped.
                            You cannot enhance the weapons in production as far as performance. You can enhance safety features, however.
                            If you currently offer options for magazine size, the smallest one becomes the only option for purchase. (Model X can have a 9-, 15-, or 20-round mag, so 9-round stays, the rest go).
                            You can enhance weapons cosmetically (pearl handles, gold-plated, My Little Pony themed, etc), as long as the performance is not enhanced.

All of the above will be termed "Factory Standard." I chose a past date, so the manufacturers cannot change a bunch of stuff at the last minute to skirt the new regulations.

Now, for the gun owners/buyers:
                            ANY after-market modification is now illegal, cosmetic or otherwise. Whatever you bought from the manufacturer/shop/etc, that's how it's going to be, period. No exceptions (which eliminates all the what-ifs and what-abouts).
                            If you have a modified gun, which includes larger than Factory Standard magazines, you must revert your weapon back to Factory Standard specs.
                            If you cannot revert, weapon must be surrendered.***
                            Punishment (and I'm open for suggestions):
                            $1000/per weapon AND 100 hours of community service in a year's time.
                            $1000-$5000 AND 100 hours of community service in a year's time.

The reason for those punishments, is there's a better chance of getting the money, prisons are too crowded, so make them improve the community they live in.

***Now, about surrendering the weapon. Here's the chance for a buyback/exchange, etc. The manufacturers could score big points on this if they offer to take in the modified weapon, and replace it with the same/equivalent non-modified weapon. No one loses their guns, Factory Standard makes each model uniform in performance.

The above requires everyone to give a little, and they also get a little back. You now have limits on clip sizes, performance mods are gone, no "bigger better faster" gun will be produced (at least for the public; armed forces are obviously a different story).
                            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                              Find different fun.
                              Jfc.
                              Some people should never have kids. We got a few on here.

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                                don't give her an assault rifle for Christmas?
                                What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Working...
                                X