X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sezenack View Post
    Another weekend, another sweep. This team is painful to watch
    it’s referred to as “cosmic karma”
    You just can’t treat people the way he has treated these girls this year and the last few years and not have consequences.
    “No need for revenge. Just sit back and wait. Those who hurt others will eventually screw up themselves and if you’re lucky, God will let you watch.”
    Fire Vines now!!!

Comment

• Re: RPI 2019-2020: Life after Lovisa

Originally posted by RPI0007 View Post
      You just can’t treat people the way he has treated these girls this year and the last few years and not have consequences.
      “No need for revenge. Just sit back and wait. Those who hurt others will eventually screw up themselves and if you’re lucky, God will let you watch.”
      Fire Vines now!!!
      This program will be the laughing stock of D1 hockey until Vines is removed. He is doing a real disservice to these young women, and the school. #StayStrongRed

Comment

• Originally posted by LeafsFor20 View Post
        This program will be the laughing stock of D1 hockey until Vines is removed. He is doing a real disservice to these young women, and the school. #StayStrongRed
        Another sweep weekend. What is the AD waiting for? Only 6 shots in the first game. Obviously, the coaching staff did not prepare this team again and it starts with the leadership. Time to fire Vines now!!!

Comment

Originally posted by RPI0007 View Post
          Another sweep weekend. What is the AD waiting for? Only 6 shots in the first game. Obviously, the coaching staff did not prepare this team again and it starts with the leadership. Time to fire Vines now!!!
          That’s only part of the problem. They only dressed 16 players for Friday’s game and 15 players for Saturday’s (not counting goaltenders).
          Firing the head coach at this time is not going to solve anything. They’re not going to make the playoffs regardless of who is coaching so they might as well stay with Vines for the rest of the season and start looking now for a new coach for ‘20-‘21.

Comment

• Originally posted by RPI0007 View Post
            Fire Vines now!!!
            What are you implying and do you have evidence? You can’t slander others on a public message board either. I admit, I don’t know Vines personally, but when I talked with him at points I never got the feeling that he abuses people.
            Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by RPI fan 4 life View Post
              That’s only part of the problem. They only dressed 16 players for Friday’s game and 15 players for Saturday’s (not counting goaltenders).
              Firing the head coach at this time is not going to solve anything. They’re not going to make the playoffs regardless of who is coaching so they might as well stay with Vines for the rest of the season and start looking now for a new coach for ‘20-‘21.
              Whether firing Vines now would not solve anything is not the question. This team has no direction and Vines has no sense of offense and is more consumed with defence and trying not to lose. The Vines era is averaging 1.3 goals per and have scored a goal or less 58/88 games = 66%. As for the short bench this weekend, he rolled out the same lines mistake after mistake and did nothing to adjust. Lack of coaching and inability to make in game adjustments equals failure. Where is the AD, seems not to care about these young women and their RPI careers. It's time for a change.

Comment

Leafs for 20---3 posts, all RPI...disappointed alumni ?

Comment

I'm have no affiliation with RPI and am somewhat new to women's hockey outside of the national teams, but I have become fascinated with RPIs season.

This past weekend marks the halfway point of the season. 0-16-1 behind and 17 ahead.

Looking back at RPIs D1 history, 2006/07-present, they have finished the season with a winning record and points percentage over .500 twice, and only twice again over .400, where last season was the fourth best in school history.

From what I've been able to assess from stats and this thread is that last year's tendie, Lovisa, was exceptional. *And this stat backs it up. *

According to the NCAA stats http://web1.ncaa.org/stats/StatsSrv/careerplayer, Lovisa had a total of 4167 saves in her career. *That puts her 358 saves ahead of Brianne McLaughlin from Robert Morris who is listed as the NCAA all-time leader with 3809 from 2006-09 (http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/stats/w_iceh...rb/2019/D1.pdf). I'm not sure why there is an oversight, but that is outside the scope of my focus at the moment.

Again looking back to the teams history, through this weekend, the team has averaged 1.99 goals per game, however recent history has trended downwards.

2006/07 2.60 GPG
                  2007/08 2.15 GPG
                  2008/09 2.32 GPG
                  2009/10 2.35 GPG
                  2010/11 1.80 GPG
                  2011/12 2.15 GPG
                  2012/13 2.11 GPG
                  2013/14 2.06 GPG
                  2014/15 1.85 GPG
                  2015/16 1.82 GPG
                  2016/17 1.72 GPG
                  2017/18 1.59 GPG
                  2018/19 1.35 GPG
                  2019/20 0.76 GPG

Further evidence of Lovisa's exceptionalism is the team's 2018/19 points percentage being the best in a decade (.446) while at the same time the team recorded their worst goal scoring season in team history. (present year not included)

With this information, to me, it is irrefutable that the problem is now, and for years has been, scoring. *The last few years this problem has been masked by the tendie's play.

(Thank you for pushing through all that to get to my question.)

What I cannot reconcile is Nov 2, 2019.

On this afternoon, the RPI ladies have a match against Clarkson. *A team that is in its second year after winning the National Championship and then ranked #5 overall.

In this game the RPI ladies tallied four scores, in the loss.

Those four goals are 2x the teams historical average, 3x last year's average, 7x the average of all other games this season and amounting to over 30% of this season's total goals.

One could point out that there were other games in recent years in which four or more goals were scored, but this was against one of the best teams in the NCAA.

Why?
                  What was different with that game?

Comment

The team is bad and top recruits don’t want to play there so it’s not easy putting a decent team together. Laying all of the blame on the coach is being shortsighted.

Comment

Alyssa Denney, whom I have listed as a recruit for next year since June https://board.uscho.com/showthread.p...=1#post6811501 is apparently either no longer a recruit or never was a recruit. She is not listed now on Neutral Zone as an RPI recruit which is where I found mention of her originally. She also appears not to be playing hockey anymore, or at least I have been unable to find her on a current roster.

Before someone posts that this is an example of Coach Vines and his staff's inability to recruit, it likely just was an error on Neutral Zone's part.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Puckdrop14 View Post
                        The team is bad and top recruits don’t want to play there so it’s not easy putting a decent team together. Laying all of the blame on the coach is being shortsighted.
                        This is fair, but it's part of a vicious cycle. The team is bad so it's hard for the coach to recruit good players so he's a bad recruiter and can't get the team to be better so he's a bad coach so he gets fired but it's hard to hire a good new coach because the team is bad so it's hard for the new coach to recruit new players...
                        RPI Pep Band
                        GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
                        🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
                        2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
                        2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

• Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
                          This is fair, but it's part of a vicious cycle. The team is bad so it's hard for the coach to recruit good players so he's a bad recruiter and can't get the team to be better so he's a bad coach so he gets fired but it's hard to hire a good new coach because the team is bad so it's hard for the new coach to recruit new players...
                          RPI should be an easier sell than RIT and Union, one would think, because they give full rides. But, you have to want to major in engineering, architecture, computers or management. In addition, RIT is able to give some aid to cdn players because they are considered international. I have noticed that a large amount of girls are from Ontario.
                          Perhaps, the parents would rather pay about $14,000 per year to be able to go-to home games on a regular basis. Just a thought.

Comment

Originally posted by Reddington View Post
                            RPI should be an easier sell than RIT and Union, one would think, because they give full rides. But, you have to want to major in engineering, architecture, computers or management. In addition, RIT is able to give some aid to cdn players because they are considered international. I have noticed that a large amount of girls are from Ontario.
                            Perhaps, the parents would rather pay about $14,000 per year to be able to go-to home games on a regular basis. Just a thought.
                            I think that the list of majors at RPI is a large part of the problem. A large percentage of the players we do get major in engineering -- much higher than on the men's side where almost everyone majors in management. Union got around the scholarship problem quite well on the men's side a few years ago.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Not going to post the whole thing, but my KRACHamadoodle gives us a 3 in 1,000,000 chance to make the playoffs. There's a 3.6% chance that we earn 0 points in ECAC play.
                              RPI Pep Band
                              GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
                              🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
                              2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
                              2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

So the coaching question should include “what does he do with the talent they have.” They lost a great goalie (btw still undefeated at the Pride”). But they did score the last couple years. You can’t put it all on the goalie.

Comment

Working...
                                X