X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RPI 2019-2020: Life after Lovisa

earlier a Maine commit

elite hockey https://www.eliteprospects.com/playe...94/nyah-philip
    PWHL https://pwhl3.wttstats.pointstreak.c...seasonid=19560 change https to http
    Last edited by Ralph Baer; 11-07-2019, 11:40 AM.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I really want to watch the game at Brown tonight but cannot figure out how to do that (from Canada). Any ideas?

Comment

If we ever win a game I'll start doing those KRACH projections but I'm not feeling it so far this season.
        RPI Pep Band
        GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
        🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
        2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
        2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
          If we ever win a game I'll start doing those KRACH projections but I'm not feeling it so far this season.
          The highlight of the season will be RPI's 4-3 lead in the third and chasing Clarkson' s starting goalie. I'm not sure how this slipped under the radar. The starting goalie gave up three goals on 12 shots.

Tough two one loss to Brown.

A lot of new players seem to be getting acclimated.

Comment

Originally posted by Reddington View Post
            The highlight of the season will be RPI's 4-3 lead in the third and chasing Clarkson' s starting goalie. I'm not sure how this slipped under the radar. The starting goalie gave up three goals on 12 shots.

Tough two one loss to Brown.

A lot of new players seem to be getting acclimated.
            This team looks more like 6-27-2 team on paper, possibly worse.
            Changing my prediction to 0-34-1
            LMFAO
            Time for a coaching change - overhaul

Comment

Originally posted by hab View Post
              Agreed. I am not at all suggesting that this one-goal loss to Clarkson means that we are in the same league. But before last weekend I would have predicted that RPI and Union would be battling for last place, I now think this team has a shot (maybe 30% ?) at making the playoffs.
              Still think they’re making the playoffs?
              Must finish in 8th
              Not a chance in ....
              this teams needs a serious makeover from top to bottom.
              RPI AD should soon take notice.

Comment

I have followed this team for years and it’s unfortunate to see how poorly things are going. The recruits from the previous coach have all graduated now so you are seeing what the new guy is doing. The AD and coach need to be shown the door, if I am not mistaken the AD gave the coach a long term deal and if my memory is correct the coach was let go as the assistant men’s coach.

Comment

Originally posted by hockfan View Post
                  The recruits from the previous coach have all graduated now so you are seeing what the new guy is doing. The AD and coach need to be shown the door...
                  Your math is off. The current coach is in his third year. I know other programs that have had coaching changes still had recruits from the original coach showing up three years later. Maybe some of the freshmen this year are his recruits, but if so, it was out of a picked-over pool of players. And that would be one recruiting class out of four. Are you saying that Burke left behind enough talent that a new coach should be winning with those players?

If you hire a first-time head coach and then fire him/her in year three, you will be stuck in a revolving door of coaches, unless you luck into some big-name coach that will have players flocking to your school. I don't know your coach, and you may be correct that he will fail to win, but two years and a few weeks isn't enough to turn a program around with how young kids were committing in recent years. Even once the new recruiting rules start to have an impact, it will still be year three when the new coach will start to bring in recruits.
                  "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                  And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                    Your math is off. The current coach is in his third year. I know other programs that have had coaching changes still had recruits from the original coach showing up three years later. Maybe some of the freshmen this year are his recruits, but if so, it was out of a picked-over pool of players. And that would be one recruiting class out of four. Are you saying that Burke left behind enough talent that a new coach should be winning with those players?

If you hire a first-time head coach and then fire him/her in year three, you will be stuck in a revolving door of coaches, unless you luck into some big-name coach that will have players flocking to your school. I don't know your coach, and you may be correct that he will fail to win, but two years and a few weeks isn't enough to turn a program around with how young kids were committing in recent years. Even once the new recruiting rules start to have an impact, it will still be year three when the new coach will start to bring in recruits.
                    My math is not off. The last graduates were from Burke and the current coach has let go the remaining go to bring in his own recruits. He is trying to make an immediate impact which seems to be working very well

Comment

My math is not off. The last graduates were from Burke and the current coach has let go the remaining go to bring in his own recruits. He is trying to make an immediate impact which seems to be working very well
                      RPI's current senior class played a season for Burke.
                      "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                      And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                        RPI's current senior class played a season for Burke.
                        There may be a couple seniors left, but the key point I mentioned was the current coach was let go from men’s team and expected to do well for women’s program. Too bad they didn’t complete a proper search vs setting for someone that couldn’t make it as men’s assistant

Comment

There may be a couple seniors left, but the key point I mentioned was the current coach was let go from men’s team and expected to do well for women’s program. Too bad they didn’t complete a proper search vs setting for someone that couldn’t make it as men’s assistant
                          RPI had a great year last year with Vine as the coach and with Burke's recruit Selander. RIT's coach came in with a team that had four or 5 wins and didn't win a game in conference. That coach also inherited a good goalie. Point is coaching can make a difference if you have good goaltending. Your recruits, his/her recruits, I'm not buying that based on the RIT coach's turnaround last year with the other coach's players that a turnaround has to be with his or her players.

Comment

Originally posted by Reddington View Post
                            RPI had a great year last year with Vine as the coach and with Burke's recruit Selander. RIT's coach came in with a team that had four or 5 wins and didn't win a game in conference. That coach also inherited a good goalie. Point is coaching can make a difference if you have good goaltending. Your recruits, his/her recruits, I'm not buying that based on the RIT coach's turnaround last year with the other coach's players that a turnaround has to be with his or her players.
                            Getting out coached and out recruited. RPI was doing him a favor by letting him stay on after men’s team dismissal. Decision backfired. Can’t coach men or women. Time to change the whole staff. These girls aren’t playing for them anymore. Becoming the laughing stock of ECAC. They had a 10 game winning streak vs Brown. Embarrassing loss after 5 years. Stop making excuses for this team and coaching staff. Something has to change and it’s not the players.

Comment

Originally posted by RPI0007 View Post
                              Getting out coached and out recruited. RPI was doing him a favor by letting him stay on after men’s team dismissal. Decision backfired. Can’t coach men or women. Time to change the whole staff. These girls aren’t playing for them anymore. Becoming the laughing stock of ECAC. They had a 10 game winning streak vs Brown. Embarrassing loss after 5 years. Stop making excuses for this team and coaching staff. Something has to change and it’s not the players.
                              Make the judgement after all four classes are the current coach's recruits. Not two, not three, all four. End of story.

Comment

Originally posted by pucko View Post
                                Make the judgement after all four classes are the current coach's recruits. Not two, not three, all four. End of story.
                                Disagree and I will point to Yale - the new coach was brought in to coach the other guy's talent.

Most coaches are on three year contracts and if you are hanging your hat on these are not your players - good luck with that.

Comment

Working...
                                X