RPI 2019-2020: Life after Lovisa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hab View Post
    Not a great start to the season, tying Brock, at home. However, it is an exhibition game, time to test people and in particular to see what the freshman can do. And the freshmen showed some promise. Onward.
    Stats say you outplayed them - stay positive.

Comment

Re: RPI 2019-2020: Life after Lovisa

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
      I don’t know if this is old news....
      Thanks for the info. NZ only gives her 3.00.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
            The roster has been posted. Sam Nolan is not on the roster.
            She retired from college hockey after being told by the coaching staff she would never dress for games.

Comment

Originally posted by ralph baer View Post
              congratulations!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ralph baer View Post
                congratulations!!!

Comment

Originally posted by hab View Post
                  new year, good new recruits and strong returning group...lots of reason for optimism but....no lovisa! Which way for the engineers? Up or down?
                  down

Comment

Originally posted by Reddington View Post
                    The team as a whole is on the upswing, but without Lovisa I would be surprised if the Engineers can match last year. 45+ saves a game can prop up your record.
                    Looking at the schedule, I predict a serious drop from last years 14-18-5.
                    Last years preseason poll had them at 9, finished 8. This years poll has them at 10, will finish at that or lower.
                    This team looks more like 6-27-2 team on paper, possibly worse.

Comment

Originally posted by RPI0007 View Post
                      Looking at the schedule, I predict a serious drop from last years 14-18-5.
                      Last years preseason poll had them at 9, finished 8. This years poll has them at 10, will finish at that or lower.
                      This team looks more like 6-27-2 team on paper, possibly worse.
                      I watched several home games last year and the 3 games this year and I agree this team will have a worse record than last. They played reasonably well for much of the game with Brock and bounced back when Brock had their strong periods. Totally Different vs Minnesota Mankato. For the vast majority of the game they were unable to play against a team that is not a top 10 team, although they looked like Clarkson last year. On the other side they are young and should improve as the,season goes on. Their biggest problem will be scoring. While Selander is gone, the goalies they do have, from what I saw, should be able to play well enough to keep them in games.

Comment

Originally posted by 25+years View Post
                        I watched several home games last year and the 3 games this year and I agree this team will have a worse record than last. They played reasonably well for much of the game with Brock and bounced back when Brock had their strong periods. Totally Different vs Minnesota Mankato. For the vast majority of the game they were unable to play against a team that is not a top 10 team, although they looked like Clarkson last year. On the other side they are young and should improve as the,season goes on. Their biggest problem will be scoring. While Selander is gone, the goalies they do have, from what I saw, should be able to play well enough to keep them in games.
                        They are still a better team, but just don't have Lovisa. Having a player that can limit you to one goal or no goals is a huge advantage and remains to be seen how much of a down grade this will be. I doubt there will be many 0-0 games or 1-0 wins like last year.
                        Last edited by Reddington; 09-30-2019, 04:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Reddington View Post
                          They are still a better team, but just don't have Lovisa. Having a player that can limit you to one goal or no goals is a huge advantage and remains to be seen how much of a down grade this will be. I doubt there will be many 0-0 games or 1-0 wins like last year.
                          19 games decided by one goal or less
                          11-2-6 in those games WITH LOVISA
                          Prediction: 5-12-2 this year WITHOUT
                          Selander’s Career Totals: 131 7651:01 300 4167 4467 .933 2.35 40-71-19 .381
                          She was easily one of the greatest college goalies of all time. Had she played for Minnesota or Clarkson, she would have 4 rings. With her in goal this year, RPI could’ve won 13-14 games, without, probably 5-6.
                          Still standing by my record of 6-27-2

Comment

19 games decided by one goal or less
                            11-2-6 in those games WITH LOVISA
                            Prediction: 5-12-2 this year WITHOUT
                            She was easily one of the greatest college goalies of all time. Had she played for Minnesota or Clarkson, she would have 4 rings. With her in goal this year, RPI could’ve won 13-14 games, without, probably 5-6.
                            Still standing by my record of 6-27-2
                            Unfortunately, this seems pretty realistic, maybe even optimistic, based on what we have seen so far, barring some really surprising performances from some of the freshmen (esp. one of the goalies).

Comment

Aly Tremblay '19 is listed as the Volunteer Assistant Coach. https://rpiathletics.com/roster.aspx?path=whock
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

She was easily one of the greatest college goalies of all time. Had she played for Minnesota or Clarkson, she would have 4 rings.
                                Probably not. The reason is that as you get the top teams playing each other in the tournament, both teams often have very good goalies that stop almost all of the shots. The exceptions become shots that are screened or pinball around, or a perfectly executed two on one or other backdoor feed.

There aren't that many goalies that have won two NCAA titles: Sautter, UMD; Horak, UM; Vetter, UW; Räty, UM; Leveille, UM; Tiley, Clarkson. Only Vetter won three. A lot of great goalies didn't win any despite playing for excellent teams.

Another thing to consider is that it can be a totally different challenge for a goalie when seeing 20 shots per game rather than seeing 50. If she sees only two shots in a period but one hits the net, that can be more damaging than when one of 16 shots in a frame connects.
                                "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                                And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Working...
                                X