RPI 2019-2020: Life after Lovisa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    If it's been a while for you, think about me.

BTW, no matter what she is majoring in, hopefully she has goals.
    And hands
    Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

• Re: RPI 2019-2020: Life after Lovisa

Sara Bayne
      Business and Management
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

For 2022 Nina Christof Selects Academy 16U https://www.selectshockey.com/academ...irls-16u-page/
        It looks like the 'Tute will have to get another flag for the rafters.

She has played for Germany in the U18 WJC the last three years. She must have been 14 the first time.
        https://www.eliteprospects.com/playe.../nina-christof

I am quite surprised that Neutral Zone only gave her 2.75. I doubt that Germany's WJC was too great but to play on an U18 national team as a 14-year old, she must have some talent.

Isn't Hammelburg where Hogan's Heroes took place? (Edit: I was right.)

She will appear on the list which I post on the men's recruit thread on Sunday or Monday.

Edit: She was Germany's highest scorer by three points at the most recent U18 WJC (D1A) https://www.iihf.com/en/events/2020/.../12967/germany and tied for the points lead overall https://www.iihf.com/en/events/2020/...scoringleaders.
        Edit2: The tourney final is being held today.
        Edit3: The games are being streamed live. It is being played at 6 PM European time which I think is noon in the east.
        Edit 4: https://www.iihf.com/en/events/2020/.../15-jpn-vs-ger #6 in white
        Edit5: She had an assist on the first goal in a 2-1 win.
        Last edited by Ralph Baer; 01-09-2020, 03:26 PM.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Here is the team's tweet. It escaped my attention and everyone else since May.

Last edited by Ralph Baer; 01-09-2020, 07:02 AM.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
            Here is the team's tweet. It escaped my attention and everyone else since May.

Looks like another good recruit. Won't graduate until 2022 but already performing at a high level. As a 16 year old she was Germany U-18's leading scorer at the Division 1 tournament concluding today. Germany's victory in the tournament moves them up to the World Championship level next year, I think, so it will be interesting to see how she performs at that level.

Comment

Fun fact, was chatting with my company's Chief Enterprise Architect today and turns out she played hockey at RPI like 30 years ago. I was so excited to tell her I've actually watched a women's hockey game at RPI before haha
              Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
              Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
              Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by hab View Post
                Looks like another good recruit. Won't graduate until 2022 but already performing at a high level. As a 16 year old she was Germany U-18's leading scorer at the Division 1 tournament concluding today. Germany's victory in the tournament moves them up to the World Championship level next year, I think, so it will be interesting to see how she performs at that level.
                They will indeed be promoted, and it will indeed be interesting to see next year. I am too lazy to check if Germany, which Christof also played for last year and two years ago, was in the Championship level then.

I do find it very hard to understand how NZ rated her as 2.75 which is not of D-I caliber. I don't get the NZ women's evaluations anymore as they are now a separate subscription.

I watched most of today's game although I kept losing the signal. She had an excellent shot early after a steal in the second period which almost went in.

Edit: She doesn't appear to have a twitter account but her Instagram masthead states she will be RPI '26 in agreement with arriving in 2022. https://www.instagram.com/_ninachristof07_/

Edit2: I did check, two years ago, Germany was in the top group. Christof had 1 assist and 4 minutes in penalties in 5 games.
                Last edited by Ralph Baer; 01-09-2020, 03:11 PM.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                  Fun fact, was chatting with my company's Chief Enterprise Architect today and turns out she played hockey at RPI like 30 years ago. I was so excited to tell her I've actually watched a women's hockey game at RPI before haha
                  Can I ask who? RPI was still a club team back then. IIRC, they became D-III in 1995.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                      Can I ask who? RPI was still a club team back then. IIRC, they became D-III in 1995.
                      Yeah she said it was club -- "borderline intramural" were her words haha... Her name is Sue Piasecki. Not certain if that's a married name. EDIT: I think it is after some googling.
                      Last edited by TonyTheTiger20; 01-09-2020, 03:50 PM.
                      Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                      Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                      Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                        Yeah she said it was club -- "borderline intramural" were her words haha... Her name is Sue Piasecki. Not certain if that's a married name. EDIT: I think it is after some googling.
                        Thanks. The name is not familiar to me, so I suspect that it is indeed her married name.
                        The club team was not always that bad for a club team as there is a banner hanging in the HFH for a national club championship.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
                          I just want a goal this month.
                          Mission accomplished.

Comment

RPI telecast has the best camera work and most camera angles I have seen in women’s hockey, including overhead and inside the net shots. Plus they show player’s stats when they go to the penalty box. Very high quality production befitting a great engineering school.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rightnut View Post
                              RPI telecast has the best camera work and most camera angles I have seen in women’s hockey, including overhead and inside the net shots. Plus they show player’s stats when they go to the penalty box. Very high quality production befitting a great engineering school.
                              I agree 100 percent and the announcer(s) are some of the best. Last year I thought announcing wise it was between BU And RPI. Union just down the road was either the worst in both categories or near the bottom. Go figure. The Star Trek creator Gene R is or was a hero at RPI to give you the mindset of former RPI students.

Comment

0-22-1
                                0.61 goals per game
                                3.30 goals against per game
                                7.35% powerplay
                                And yet I can guarantee you that McElroy is going to find a way to keep Vines around. When he does so, he will be receiving an email from me requesting an explanation, and I encourage the same from all of you.

Comment

Working...
                                X