Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2019-2020: Life after Lovisa

Originally posted by jericho View Post
    And Burke was a men's assistant under Fridgen when Bill Cahill died. What's your point?
    For one, a lot has changed in women's hockey in the last 16 years.

Also, just because something worked well enough once before, doesn't mean one should just phone it in and do the same thing, expecting the same result.

Given that Lovisa was as exceptional as she was, and with two more years to go, I would think that there would be a number of experienced Women's coaches that would have relished the opportunity to build a team around that kind of talent, and then have that foundation to build future teams on.

But instead, they just got into bed with some leftovers that Smith didn't even want.

Comment

• Originally posted by sezenack View Post
      Because the women's team is literally winless, and have gotten worse under Vines, while the on-ice product is improving under Smith.
      ranked 50th in the country got stretched to OT at home by the 55th ranked team and the winning pct.for 2yr .267 might be time for a product meeting Bud
      What was the Guy who discovered milk doing to the cow ????????...Or for that matter how bout the fist Guy to drink it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by troyboy View Post
        ranked 50th in the country got stretched to OT at home by the 55th ranked team and the winning pct.for 2yr .267 might be time for a product meeting Bud
        Can anyone say Graeme Townsend?

Comment

Take heart RPI fans. No escaping the fact that this going to be a really tough season. We need to adjust our expectations and get behind the team as they make the most of what is available and begin to build for the future. My new goals for this season are twofold: 1) avoid the cellar, and 2) win the Union series. And for fans...just enjoy watching a group of athletes giving everything in every game and having fun.

Comment

• Originally posted by MAHOCKEY FAN View Post
            So the coaching question should include β€œwhat does he do with the talent they have.” They lost a great goalie (btw still undefeated at the Pride”). But they did score the last couple years. You can’t put it all on the goalie.
            True, but people underestimate how much a great goalie also helps the offense. I only watched one women’s game this year, but it seemed as if they were afraid to make a mistake. When you have a great goalie you can take chances to push the puck, attempt a difficult pass, join an offensive rush or pinch in on the points. Those improve the offense with the concurrent risk that it could lead to an odd-woman rush and require the goalie to bail them out. Given the limited offensive skills the Engineers have had over the years, the change in the style of play can make a significant difference.

Comment

I just want a goal this month.
              RPI Pep Band
              GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
              🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
              2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
              2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
                I just want a goal this month.
                Odds are 50-50 for that if we're being honest. This team is pathetic, 0-20-1. McElroy is going to have a lot of questions to answer if he does not fire Vines after the season.

Comment

In case anyone was curious, KRACH gives us an expected point total of 2.2 at the end of the season, about 17 points out of a playoff spot (the bar for which is admittedly high this year). We can hang our hat on the fact that we at least aren't as abjectly garbage as the NEWHA, but just by virtue of that measly tie. It's gross.
                  RPI Pep Band
                  🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

Comment

I hadn't checked the directory in a while. The first member of next fall's class has appeared.

Aliya Jomha
                    Undeclared HandSS
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                      I hadn't checked the directory in a while. The first member of next fall's class has appeared.

Aliya Jomha
                      Undeclared HandSS
                      Granted I graduated RPI 17 years ago in May, but when did the Tute start offering HandSS as a major? For that matter, what is it? :

And, why is she undecided, she only has to choose Left or Right
                      Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Granted I graduated RPI 17 years ago in May, but when did the Tute start offering HandSS as a major? For that matter, what is it? :

And, why is she undecided, she only has to choose Left or Right
                        It's weird to see it written like that, but it's HASS or Humanities and Social Sciences.
                        RPI Pep Band
                        🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

Comment

• Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
                          It's weird to see it written like that, but it's HASS or Humanities and Social Sciences.
                          Thanks. It’s been a while.
                          Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Thanks. It’s been a while.
                            If it's been a while for you, think about me.

BTW, no matter what she is majoring in, hopefully she has goals.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post

Aliya Jomha
                              Undeclared HandSS
                              This recruit looked good when first announced and better now. She is off to a really good start in the CSSHL, fourth in scoring in 12 games: 7-13-20. The Edge school has produced a number of really good players over the years who have gone on to NCAA, Canada U18 and pro careers.

Comment

Amanda Larsen

Biomedical Engineering

There is a chance that this is Ellie Kaiser, but I don't think that we have ever had a math major.

Miranda E. Kaiser

Mathematics
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X