RPI 2019-2020: Life after Lovisa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2019-2020: Life after Lovisa

Lewis's recruiting profile including videos https://www.ncsasports.org/womens-ic...ashlyn--lewis1

Personal Statement

I have been playing hockey since I was 5. I have advanced quickly through levels and age groups as goalie. When I was U12 age group I played up as a U14 when I was 11, I played U19 as a U14. I played goalie with Bantam boys and a Girls U14 AA Aspen team as an 8th grader in 16/17 and made it to the USA Hockey Nationals in MI. I push myself every practice while learning as much as possible and play my games 110%. I am a very committed goalie and get as much ice time as I can each week. I really push myself to be the best I can be and will continue on Tier 1 girls teams, U14 NAHA AAA Prospect Team, past season 18/19 NAHA Girls U16 AAA, 19/20 season will be NAHA White U-19. I would like to make it on to the U18 National Team. My biggest goal is to move into D1 level women's hockey as a goalie. I am really interested in engineering / sciences / business / real estate development and would like to major and work in these fields after school. I would love to see myself being a goalie coach after my college years and give back to new players. My GPA is a 4.0 and I always try my best whether it is in school or out on the ice.

I compete in the Summer months with Mtn. bike races and love to camp with my family and friends. I love animals and especially dogs. I really enjoy taking my dog on lots of hikes. My Grandfather is Canadian and is a big inspiration with playing goalie. He played for the Charlotte Checkers, Long Island Ducks, Syracuse Blazers, and the New Haven Blades all of which were in the Eastern Hockey League
    Last edited by Ralph Baer; 03-11-2020, 09:14 AM.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Any suggestions for a title for the 2020-2021 thread? Be nice.

Comment

RPI 2020-21: Life after Lovisa Year 2
        Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
        And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
        WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
        If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Originally posted by vicb View Post
          RPI 2020-21: Life (?) after Lovisa Year 2
          If you want more variety, you could change it as shown.

To reflect the mood of most of the fans, you could use ...
          RPI 2020-21: New players, same coach
          "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
          And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

• Originally posted by hab View Post
            Any suggestions for a title for the 2020-2021 thread? Be nice.
            How about RIP 2020-2021.

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post

I have no say in the matter, but I vote for this one.
              Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

A short article which says 2022 rather than 2021. I will change it.

Last edited by Ralph Baer; 03-15-2020, 08:47 PM.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

back to 2021

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

from the directory

Riena Jahnke
                    Electrical Engineering

That leaves Asiah Taylor-Walters not in the directory among the expected recruits.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Neutral Zone has raised 2021 recruit Sophie Helgeson from 4.00 to 4.25. I think that Todd Burgess is the only other RPI recruit for either the men or women whom they have rated that highly. The ratings should be taken with some salt. E.g., Owen Savory was rated 3.00.

Edit: I am sure that I looked when I wrote this, and now OS is 3.50.
                      Last edited by Ralph Baer; 03-21-2020, 01:16 PM.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

https://www.neutralzone.net/womens/n...-rpi-adds-two/

RPI also picked up a pair of commitments. Mika Jahnke, a forward from the Dallas Stars Elite, will join the program as will goaltender Ashlyn Lewis, a Colorado native from the NAHA White.

“Jahnke handles the puck well in all situations; as a smaller player, she is smart with her body positioning, effectively using her size and speed to evade checks and break into open space,” said NZ scouts. “She is competitive and tenacious, regularly getting behind defenders.”

“Lewis has good depth management and moves well post-to-post,” out scouts said in January at the USA Canada Cup. “Good rebound control. She had a big game against Stoney Creek, stopping a significant number of shots to help her team earn the tie.”
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                          https://www.neutralzone.net/womens/n...-rpi-adds-two/

RPI also picked up a pair of commitments. Mika Jahnke, a forward from the Dallas Stars Elite, will join the program as will goaltender Ashlyn Lewis, a Colorado native from the NAHA White.

“Jahnke handles the puck well in all situations; as a smaller player, she is smart with her body positioning, effectively using her size and speed to evade checks and break into open space,” said NZ scouts. “She is competitive and tenacious, regularly getting behind defenders.”

“Lewis has good depth management and moves well post-to-post,” out scouts said in January at the USA Canada Cup. “Good rebound control. She had a big game against Stoney Creek, stopping a significant number of shots to help her team earn the tie.”
                          Jahnke was identified as a Yale commit last year. Edit: missed where Ralph already mentioned this earlier. Apologies.

Comment

Originally posted by MAHOCKEY FAN View Post
                            Interesting note 4 Ivy schools in top 5 of ECAC this year. Is this a sign the pendulum has swung?
                            Certain Ivy programs have always been competitive. Female athletes are better students on average than their male counterparts, so Ivy schools are an attractive option to begin with for the player pool. Those that invest in their programs are going to get some return and be able to compete with the Big 10 schools that are closest to the hockey hubs and that have Big 10-type facilities--I am sure that most know Minnesota's women have their own beautiful 3500 seat rink next to Mariucci Arena, Ridder Arena, that's probably as nice or nicer than the best ECAC rink.

Comment

Originally posted by hab View Post
                              I have been inclined to be supportive of Vines in this "very hard year" and would agree that the team has shown a lot of grit. Until....the final game. In losing 9-0 to Colgate in their final game was this team finally finished with 'grit' and wanting to throw in the towel as a message?
                              I feel very badly for these women. I think most of us know the feeling at least one time in our athletic careers of being totally overmatched against our peers, whether in low-level organized sports or as a college athlete; it can be totally dispiriting. I can't say whether they quit on the coach or not, but I know that the levee can break even when you are not trying to quit.

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post

I will try and sound a note of optimism

RPI 2020-21: Basement Floor, Going Up.

Comment

Working...
                                X