X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2019-2020: Life after Lovisa

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
      well maybe vines should do what's best for the program and resign. How are you supposed to go out and recruit when you just had a winless season? How does he even face his team?
      amen

Comment

Guess he's not getting fired...

Comment

• Originally posted by sezenack View Post

Guess he's not getting fired...
          Then he should take the high road and turn in his resignation

Comment

Originally posted by RPI0007 View Post
            Then he should take the high road and turn in his resignation
            Shameful.

This is not about recruiting or the players, granted there are more talented teams in the ECAC but this group of players have given this coaching staff everything and deserved much better from them, especially Vines. He has shown no growth as a coach in terms of learning or understanding the intricacies of coaching women or the women’s game. This team has had plenty of opportunities to score and compete in games but Vines has chosen to put out the same schemes and line combos over and over. Hockey doesn’t work that way and he continually demonstrates that he is in way over his head when it comes to in-game adjustments and putting together effective systems or make fundamental decisions. To do nothing, shows Alumni and players that this administration does not care about this program and certainly these young women. The fact that he is coaching like someone that is not desperate for a win or in fear of losing his job, adds to the stories flying around town and D1 hockey that this guy only received this gift of a job because his wife is essential to the Athletic Director. The Athletic Director had been silent but for him to keep this staff in place makes RPI look bad and sad. SHAMEFUL.

Vines Era:
            23-67-12
            Goals per Game: 1.2
            Goals Against: 2.7
            Games with 1 Goal scored or less: 72 (71%)
            Games Shutout: 28 (27%)

* His best year was the first year he took over and it has gotten worse each season since despite having one of the best goalies in the game.

Comment

• Originally posted by LeafsFor20 View Post
              Shameful.

This is not about recruiting or the players, granted there are more talented teams in the ECAC but this group of players have given this coaching staff everything and deserved much better from them, especially Vines. He has shown no growth as a coach in terms of learning or understanding the intricacies of coaching women or the women’s game. This team has had plenty of opportunities to score and compete in games but Vines has chosen to put out the same schemes and line combos over and over. Hockey doesn’t work that way and he continually demonstrates that he is in way over his head when it comes to in-game adjustments and putting together effective systems or make fundamental decisions. To do nothing, shows Alumni and players that this administration does not care about this program and certainly these young women. The fact that he is coaching like someone that is not desperate for a win or in fear of losing his job, adds to the stories flying around town and D1 hockey that this guy only received this gift of a job because his wife is essential to the Athletic Director. The Athletic Director had been silent but for him to keep this staff in place makes RPI look bad and sad. SHAMEFUL.

Vines Era:
              23-67-12
              Goals per Game: 1.2
              Goals Against: 2.7
              Games with 1 Goal scored or less: 72 (71%)
              Games Shutout: 28 (27%)

* His best year was the first year he took over and it has gotten worse each season since despite having one of the best goalies in the game.
              I don’t care what your name is or who your wife is, but those stats after 100 games should get any coach and his staff fired.

Comment

From the directory.
                Nyah Philip
                Biology

That leaves Asiah Taylor-Walters among the expected known recruits.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                  I have been inclined to be supportive of Vines in this "very hard year" and would agree that the team has shown a lot of grit. Until....the final game. In losing 9-0 to Colgate in their final game was this team finally finished with 'grit' and wanting to throw in the towel as a message?

Comment

• Originally posted by MAHOCKEY FAN View Post
                    RPI should take note....the difference a coach can make in a single year without your own recruits——-look at what Yale is doing! They have been in danger of not making playoffs for years ( and didn’t last year)....look at them now Bravo!
                    Yale set a school record for wins that year with their 1st year head coach (lots of experience in d3).

People will say it was with another coaches recruits but old coach was their for 8 years....and look what he didn’t do with his own recruits. I will be looking to see what he does moving forward as I heard he has decommit Ed some of the 2021s.

Interesting note 4 Ivy schools in top 5 of ECAC this year. Is this a sign the pendulum has swung?

Comment

Originally posted by MAHOCKEY FAN View Post
                      Interesting note 4 Ivy schools in top 5 of ECAC this year. Is this a sign the pendulum has swung?
                      I don't think so. Colgate is young, as are many of SLU's key players. Quinnipiac got better as the season went along. Even Union hinted at promise that we aren't used to seeing from the Dutchwomen. You are correct that the Ivy teams look better than they have in some time, but it will be interesting to see what Cornell is like next year. The Big Red graduates a lot of seniors. Harvard parlayed a great start into home ice, but I'm not convinced that is a given in future seasons.
                      "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                      And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                        I don't think so. Colgate is young, as are many of SLU's key players. Quinnipiac got better as the season went along. Even Union hinted at promise that we aren't used to seeing from the Dutchwomen. You are correct that the Ivy teams look better than they have in some time, but it will be interesting to see what Cornell is like next year. The Big Red graduates a lot of seniors. Harvard parlayed a great start into home ice, but I'm not convinced that is a given in future seasons.
                        I agree. I think next year only Princeton and maybe Harvard is in the top 5. Clarkson will remain. Colgate should make the jump. Qpac as well and possibly SLU. Cornell will likely drop although they are really well coached. Harvard is a paper tiger but could sneak into the top 5.

Comment

• Originally posted by MAHOCKEY FAN View Post
                          Yale set a school record for wins that year with their 1st year head coach (lots of experience in d3).

People will say it was with another coaches recruits but old coach was their for 8 years....and look what he didn’t do with his own recruits. I will be looking to see what he does moving forward as I heard he has decommit Ed some of the 2021s.

The D3 coaches moving up to D1 have had success recently.

Comment

They were in full retreat all season.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post

They were in full retreat all season.
                              Ouch!

Comment

I'd consider donating if there was a clear commitment to success. Keeping Vines shows none of that. I also highly doubt this Lake Placid retreat will actually help. Every team claims every road trip is a "bonding" experience that will help them win more, but this won't change neither the (lack of) talent in our players nor the head coach of the program.

Comment

Working...
                                X