RPI 2019-2020: Life after Lovisa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RPI0007 View Post
    Not gossip, but fact: call the coaching staff and inquire. Or ask her yourself.
    Or check with her teammates.
    But it’s fact!!!

Ena Nystrom signed by Mercyhurst - well done Coach Vines.
    🎤 drop
    Last edited by RPI0007; 05-11-2020, 01:42 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by RPI0007 View Post
      Ena Nystrom signed by Mercyhurst - well done Coach Vines.
      🎤 drop
      https://hurstathletics.com/news/2020/5/11/womens-ice-hockey-adds-ena-nystrom-to-2020-2021-roster.aspx

Comment

• Re: RPI 2019-2020: Life after Lovisa

Super cool. You love to see it.
        RPI Pep Band
        GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
        🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
        2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
        2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

When you don't put players in a position to succeed, they leave

Comment

• Originally posted by sezenack View Post
            When you don't put players in a position to succeed, they leave
            Nystrom is no Selander and could not fill those skates.
            Two goalies this year who barely played on their teams for two years came out of nowhere to have over .94 save percentages for the majority of the year. Maybe RPI has one in the wings.

Comment

Players need to go where they will be happy and best of luck to her.

With that said, the one position where there is a glut of talent in women’s hockey is goaltending. A lot of good goalies never see the ice. The other freshman had very similar numbers in heavy minutes. Like this year, RPI’s season will hinge on if any of the forwards can get the puck out of the zone and then find the back of the net. Goaltending will not be the issue, assuming no injuries.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cornholio View Post

With that said, the one position where there is a glut of talent in women’s hockey is goaltending. A lot of good goalies never see the ice. The other freshman had very similar numbers in heavy minutes. Like this year, RPI’s season will hinge on if any of the forwards can get the puck out of the zone and then find the back of the net. Goaltending will not be the issue, assuming no injuries.
                Back to back winless seasons!!!!

Comment

We knew about her already

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                    We knew about her already

Can she score goals??? That's THE MOST IMPORTANT missing ingredient for this team. The 2019-20 season proved that. A new coach would probably help too. So far there has been no "life after Lovisa" and that's very sad. I think this thread needs to be replaced by a new thread because having or not having Lovisa on the team anymore is irrelevant. I said it way back, she didn't score goals either. She was and is a great goalie, but obviously she's not the answer to what this team needs.

Comment

I’d agree 100% – this team will succeed or not based on if any of the current forwards improved significantly or if any of the forwards coming in can score. Shelfit had a really good observation in another thread about how hard it is for traditionally weak programs to get strong since there is not really enough talent to go around. This seems to be the biggest difference in the men’s vrs women’s game. In the men’s game, you can argue there is too much talent and not enough schools so schools like Union are able to compete (and win!) for national titles if you have the right staff. Read the Penn State thread and their scoring issues with a very respected coach. It seems for whatever reason most top end players would rather play 4th line at a Wisconsin than be presumably 1st line somewhere else (and on full scholarship you would assume). I watched a bit of Harvard this year and they had really only 1 forward who stood out but it resulted in a top 10ish team. An injury or two you go from top 10 to bottom 10 really fast for most programs.

Comment

Originally posted by RPI0007 View Post
                        Not gossip, but fact: call the coaching staff and inquire. Or ask her yourself.
                        Or check with her teammates.
                        But it’s fact!!!
                        Now that there is confirmation of the transfer, it is worth saying that my questioning was more about the anonymous leaking of it. I'll speak for myself, but I don't like participating in the transfer rumor gossip until somebody puts their real name next to the reporting or there is a press release. I think the players and the team should have some control over the timing of these announcements.

Comment

Originally posted by rpi82 View Post
                          Perhaps there are goalies who don't like being used for 60 minute shooting drills. Who knew?
                          I can get why it is demoralizing to the point of transferring when you are on an 0-33-1 team, regardless of the position you play, but if you are a goaltender, don't you want to face a lot of shots, even 60 minutes worth? What else is there for you to do other than stand there?

Comment

Originally posted by Cornholio View Post
                            I think that is right, and regarding this particular transfer, it appears that she will be immediately eligible. I am assuming that RPI must have granted a release in order for her to avoid sitting out a year. Or is there another factor or rule that applied here?

Comment

Originally posted by DavidNardolillo View Post
                              I think that is right, and regarding this particular transfer, it appears that she will be immediately eligible. I am assuming that RPI must have granted a release in order for her to avoid sitting out a year. Or is there another factor or rule that applied here?
                              The rule is different for women.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                                The rule is different for women.
                                Do you know how so? Is it just a simple rule that players can transfer without penalty?

Comment

Working...
                                X