Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NFL 2019-20: We'll Just Talk About Our Fantasy Teams Again....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NFL 2019-20: We'll Just Talk About Our Fantasy Teams Again....

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
    Hey now, my mom says I'm the coolest kid in school.
    Of course you are.

Now here's your lunch. Run off to MemChu.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
      Officiating advances just like any other aspect of a sport. Better whistles are developed to be heard over loud crowds, wireless headsets to better communicate, using microphones to communicate calls to the crowd and tv audience, adding officials on the field, changing the positions of officials on the field, and this is just the NFL. This isn’t stopping to correct a wrong note, it’s not allowing the musician to look at the sheet music.
      Replay is similar to exactly none of those things. I wouldn't go as far as Kep, but I think going back to using replay for only out of bounds and breaking the plane would be the right move. Refs aren't getting subjective calls right with replay so why bother? Otherwise I say give 10,000 fans across the country a voting app and let the majority rule. Pretty sure they'd get more of the PI reviews correct than the officials are.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        Could you do cupcakes of the 72 sigils of Goetia?

I can't. Not that advanced. But you'll get a chocolate sheet cake packed with chocolate chips and a chocolate bourbon ganache.
        Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
        Patreon for exclusive writing content
        Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
          I can't. Not that advanced. But you'll get a chocolate sheet cake packed with chocolate chips and a chocolate bourbon ganache.
          Mmmm. Chocolate bourbon Ganesh.

Cornell University
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Is that solid or hollow?
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
              Is that solid or hollow?
              Exactly.

Cornell University

Comment

My simple plan for football:

1. Officials call the game as they see it. No automatic reviews of anything.
                2. Head coaches may throw flag for review of ANY play or call. They must specifically state what they are disputing (too many men, legal catch, didn't cross the goal line, etc.). If another infraction is seen but not disputed, so what.
                3. Three separate offsite officials (no conferring) will review the play in question. Their monitors will work for two minutes only. They vote on their decision and majority rules. If time runs out and they can't vote (or a tie) then play stands as called.
                4. If coach wins his dispute, call is overturned and results adjusted
                5. If coach loses his dispute his team will be penalized. First loss = loss of TO and 15yds. Second loss = Loss of all TOs and 30yds (or 1pt for other team if <2TOs remaining). Third loss = 2pts for other team. Double pts for each consecutive loss.

Speeds up the game. Keeps the "human" element of the game present. Allows for correction of officials mistakes if you have the yarbles to dispute it. It will never happen.
                "I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."
                Groucho Marx
                "You can't fix stupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. Stupid is forever. "
                Ron White
                "If we stop being offensive, the Terrorists win."
                Milo Bloom

Comment

13 years ago today, Denny Green let us know "THEY ARE WHO WE THOUGHT THEY WERE! AND WE LET EM OFF THE HOOK!"
                  "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

13 years ago today, Denny Green let us know "THEY ARE WHO WE THOUGHT THEY WERE! AND WE LET EM OFF THE HOOK!"
                    I remember that game, hearing the finish on the way home from a softball game. The whole time, I thought, "Man, this press conference is gonna be GOOD!" I was not wrong.
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                      I remember that game, hearing the finish on the way home from a softball game. The whole time, I thought, "Man, this press conference is gonna be GOOD!" I was not wrong.
                      Of course, a few of you have said that's on Denny Green's Greatest Hits. He's had a few other memorable pressers, too.

Comment

Of course, a few of you have said that's on Denny Green's Greatest Hits. He's had a few other memorable pressers, too.
                        He's had many, many quotes. He was unreal on the Quote Machine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IlTOrxCC8E
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                          You were listening to an Arizona Cardinals game in your car in MN?

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                            You were listening to an Arizona Cardinals game in your car in MN?
                            It was MNF, so it was some radio station (prob KFAN).

Comment

So, is Andy Reid trying to get Mahomes killed? I don't understand running him out there on a bad leg only to get him hurt even more. KC has a two game lead already in a crappy division so 11-5 most likely wins the division. They should give him like 6 weeks off to get completely healthy provided he hasn't already blown out his knee.
                              Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Kepler about to enjoy a SB victory with his new team..... bye now straight to the SB
                                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Working...
                                X