Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NFL 2019-20: We'll Just Talk About Our Fantasy Teams Again....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NFL 2019-20: We'll Just Talk About Our Fantasy Teams Again....

http://forum.mnrubecentral.com/downl...le.php?id=4861

Comment

• Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
      And what about all the times that you call for their heads when they do get it right, but due to a lack of rules knowledge, mechanics knowledge, positioning, and general training, you are completely wrong? Seems like a 99%/1% scenario here. You want to jump on them for the 1% their wrong, but the just shrug off all the crap they will get, even though they are right.

No job should allow someone to make threats on another person's life, even if it is in a joking manner. (not saying you personally made any threats. I've seen quite a few on FaceBook today however)
      I would chime in but RaceBoarder has largely covered it. Abuse of officials at the youth levels occurs largely because abuse of officials is normalized at the professional level, today being a glaring example of it.

Of course Kepler keeps his “Old Man yells at cloud” routine going. Replay is a fine tool and a helpful tool but, like everything else in life, not perfect. Though that’s no reason to ban it outright.

The NFL, and the other 3 in the Big 4, could do a lot by publicly discussing officiating concerns but that would require them to actually care about and trust their officiating department. Let’s just say there’s a real good reason why people like Mike Pereira and Gene Steratore work in media and not for the NFL anymore.

Contrast all this with MLS and the Professional Referees Organization’s Inside Video Review videos they post every week.
      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
      I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
        I would chime in but RaceBoarder has largely covered it. Abuse of officials at the youth levels occurs largely because abuse of officials is normalized at the professional level, today being a glaring example of it.

Of course Kepler keeps his “Old Man yells at cloud” routine going. Replay is a fine tool and a helpful tool but, like everything else in life, not perfect. Though that’s no reason to ban it outright.

The NFL, and the other 3 in the Big 4, could do a lot by publicly discussing officiating concerns but that would require them to actually care about and trust their officiating department. Let’s just say there’s a real good reason why people like Mike Pereira and Gene Steratore work in media and not for the NFL anymore.

Contrast all this with MLS and the Professional Referees Organization’s http://proreferees.com/2019/10/11/watch-inside-video-review-mls-week-31/]Inside Video Review[/url] videos they post every week.
        Yeah, there is a reason the Refs go on strike more than the players...Players want their share of the pie and owners don't want to spend a larger chunk of their portion on the refs so these guys can make alot more money in media and not have to deal with actually making the mistakes we complain about it excruciating details.

Referees should be paid better and all be full-time.
        Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Contrast all this with MLS and the Professional Referees Organization’s http://proreferees.com/2019/10/11/watch-inside-video-review-mls-week-31/]Inside Video Review[/url] videos they post every week.
          The NBA posts a Last Two Minutes report for every game that was within one score during those two minutes. It goes over each call as a CC, ICC, CNC, or INC. Outside of criticism that they're placing more emphasis on some parts of the game than others, that's about as transparent as you can be.
          Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
            The NBA posts a Last Two Minutes report for every game that was within one score during those two minutes. It goes over each call as a CC, ICC, CNC, or INC. Outside of criticism that they're placing more emphasis on some parts of the game than others, that's about as transparent as you can be.
            TIL.

Pretty cool.
            I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

I'm not sure what the f-ck is wrong with you is but part of my attitude is defense of officials. The larger part is sports is entertainment and result perfectionism degrades it as entertainment.

The overgrowth of replay is a classic example of perverse incentives.
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                I'm not sure what the f-ck is wrong with you is but part of my attitude is defense of officials. The larger part is sports is entertainment and result perfectionism degrades it as entertainment.

Because you sound like a Trump supporter with your “things were simpler back in the day!” attitude.

Most officials at the professional level of any sport are supportive of replay systems, more often than not they just want to get the call right.

And even at the amateur levels you’ll find a referee pouring over game footage shot by someone’s phone because they want to improve for future games.

It’s far easier to embrace and adapt with the technology than try to hide from it.
                I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Jalen Ramsey to the Rams for 2 first rounders....
                  Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                  "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                  Patreon for exclusive writing content
                  Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Replay is a Pandora's box situation. With the General Public, everything has to be perfect now because we can take a 15x zoomed in image and go frame by frame to see if that one blade of grass with white paint on it touched the ball carrier's shoe. You aren't going back to no replay. We are at a point now where video will grant us diminishing returns. There aren't egregious errors that are falling through the cracks now (Think Colorado's 5th Down or Don Deckinger's 1st base Safe). They can also provide angles that an official can't otherwise get on the field that can be advantageous (Camera on the goal line, but elevated on a play where the RB goes straight up the middle into the pile). The plays that are in question are the ones where it's quite literally like I described above where video needs to be analyzed frame by frame to determine the outcome. Those are the replays that drive me nuts, because again, official's can't win. 50% of people will be happy, and 50% will want to kill you. It comes down to the General Public having ZERO clue how things work and demanding absolute perfection on all calls that benefit their team.

This coming season in NCAA Baseball I'm likely to have my 1st experience with in-game video review, and I welcome it. I want to be right. Like I said before, we have moments just like players do. Video gives us an ability to correct those errors. I won't take any offense if I look at the video and see that the runner was safe by a 1/4 step or that the 1st baseman pulled his foot by a few inches.
                    It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Because you sound like a Trump supporter with your “things were simpler back in the day!” attitude.

Most officials at the professional level of any sport are supportive of replay systems, more often than not they just want to get the call right.

And even at the amateur levels you’ll find a referee pouring over game footage shot by someone’s phone because they want to improve for future games.

It’s far easier to embrace and adapt with the technology than try to hide from it.
                      Except this is the NFL thread, and the officials very clearly do NOT support the replay system anymore. The refusal to correct some of these PI calls is nuts.

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                        Replay is a Pandora's box situation. With the General Public, everything has to be perfect now because we can take a 15x zoomed in image and go frame by frame to see if that one blade of grass with white paint on it touched the ball carrier's shoe. You aren't going back to no replay. We are at a point now where video will grant us diminishing returns. There aren't egregious errors that are falling through the cracks now (Think Colorado's 5th Down or Don Deckinger's 1st base Safe). They can also provide angles that an official can't otherwise get on the field that can be advantageous (Camera on the goal line, but elevated on a play where the RB goes straight up the middle into the pile). The plays that are in question are the ones where it's quite literally like I described above where video needs to be analyzed frame by frame to determine the outcome. Those are the replays that drive me nuts, because again, official's can't win. 50% of people will be happy, and 50% will want to kill you. It comes down to the General Public having ZERO clue how things work and demanding absolute perfection on all calls that benefit their team.

This coming season in NCAA Baseball I'm likely to have my 1st experience with in-game video review, and I welcome it. I want to be right. Like I said before, we have moments just like players do. Video gives us an ability to correct those errors. I won't take any offense if I look at the video and see that the runner was safe by a 1/4 step or that the 1st baseman pulled his foot by a few inches.
                        This.

And of course, what plays are reviewable. Finally, sometimes officials just throw a flag, because they know they can rely on instant replay.
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                          This.

And of course, what plays are reviewable. Finally, sometimes officials just throw a flag, because they know they can rely on instant replay.
                          With replay, officials will now hedge their calls. They will call a pass a catch and let things play out knowing that if it did hit the ground, you can come back and just reset the clock and go from the previous spot. Officials change their mechanics based on replay being there.

Comment

With replay, officials will now hedge their calls. They will call a pass a catch and let things play out knowing that if it did hit the ground, you can come back and just reset the clock and go from the previous spot. Officials change their mechanics based on replay being there.
                            Exactly. And we can only hope that the grading system stays true, and advances refs that get it right the first time around.
                            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                              Exactly. And we can only hope that the grading system stays true, and advances refs that get it right the first time around.
                              That is part of the grading system actually. They also allow for calls to be something on the 1st go, but then have replay overrule, and not negatively affect the officials overall grade. The entire system has evolved around replay since it's not going away ever at the top levels of the sports world.

Comment

That is part of the grading system actually. They also allow for calls to be something on the 1st go, but then have replay overrule, and not negatively affect the officials overall grade. The entire system has evolved around replay since it's not going away ever at the top levels of the sports world.
                                I agree it will never go away, and that is a good thing. It will force the refs to really hone their craft. They have to improve their skills.

Comment

Working...
                                X