Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NFL 2019-20: We'll Just Talk About Our Fantasy Teams Again....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NFL 2019-20: We'll Just Talk About Our Fantasy Teams Again....

Putting players on the exempt list over a civil complaint (not a judgement and not a criminal anything) is a pretty dangerous precedent, isn't it?
    The Exempt List is a special player status available to clubs only in unusual circumstances.

You tell me.
    A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Originally posted by Swansong View Post
      I believe we should believe all accusations of the sort - at the least believe them enough to investigate thoroughly. But I also believe in due process for the accused as well.
      Take them seriously. Investigate. Prosecute if the investigation yields sufficient evidence. Let a jury or judge (since it's civil) decide. Just like any other crime.

On the one hand men get away with rape all the time because sexism.

On the other hand uppity black males get railroaded all the time because racism.

On the other other hand rich celebs get targeted for extortion all the time because greed.

Let it play out in the justice system; don't let white males anywhere near it from the proceedings to the media coverage.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
        The Exempt List is a special player status available to clubs only in unusual circumstances.

You tell me.
        Yes, I read that article too (or one of them citing that old original article) and it isn't citing the rule, it's summarizing it. "unusual circumstances" is hardly letter of the law. I'm not saying it won't happen, since it's the NFL, but it's probably the worst possible decision they could make.
        I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
          Take them seriously. Investigate. Prosecute if the investigation yields sufficient evidence. Let a jury or judge (since it's civil) decide. Just like any other crime.

On the one hand men get away with rape all the time because sexism.

On the other hand uppity black males get railroaded all the time because racism.

On the other other hand rich celebs get targeted for extortion all the time because greed.

Let it play out in the justice system; don't let white males anywhere near it from the proceedings to the media coverage.
          I think I pretty much agree with this.
          I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

There's a couple of the text messages in the actual lawsuit, they can be seen here.

He should probably be put on the exempt list for his crimes against English.

Comment

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
              There's a couple of the text messages in the actual lawsuit, they can be seen here.

He should probably be put on the exempt list for his crimes against English.
              From the Comments:

Not the Antonio Brown come back story I expected.

Steelers fans like him again now

Robert Kraft: “Tonight, we are all sex offenders!!!!”
              Based on those tweets, f-ck it, he's a rapist, kill him slow. At least Kraft had the decency to drop $20 when he did it.

(I keeed. No way Kraft's dick still works.)

The fact that the Pats are gonna be hurt by this makes this day just that much better. Least he didn't murder anyone. Baby steps.

Also: Antonio Brown was admitted to and attended an accredited university in the United States.
              Last edited by Kepler; 09-11-2019, 11:54 AM.
              Cornell University
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                Also: Antonio Brown was admitted to and attended an accredited university in the United States.
                One of said school's specialties in the region is...journalism.
                Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
                  One of said school's specialties in the region is...journalism.
                  Here is a proud graduate of their law school.
                  Cornell University

Comment

Seems like the Cleveland Browns are still the Cleveland Browns.

They perma-banned a fan for throwing beer on a Tennessee player during Sunday's game. But in true Brown's fashion, they managed to identify and ban a guy who hasn't been to a game for 9 years, and during the game in question was actually deejaying at a wedding.

I think my favorite comment in the banned fan's twitter account is the guy who suggested he "take one for the team" and accept the ban, thus giving the real perp an opportunity to strike again.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...jCi?li=BBnb7Kz
                    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                      I'm inclined to give the woman the benefit of the doubt although if she does indeed have texts of him begging for forgiveness it would be nice if that came out. Regarding the Pats/NFL I'm not sure there's anything they can do at this point. Brown is entitled to due process like anybody else even if he is a self centered jerk. That changes if he's charged with anything, and I am a little confused as to why this is a civil suit instead of a criminal complaint.
                      IIRC, you don't have to prove as much guilt.
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                        I'm inclined to give the woman the benefit of the doubt although if she does indeed have texts of him begging for forgiveness it would be nice if that came out. Regarding the Pats/NFL I'm not sure there's anything they can do at this point. Brown is entitled to due process like anybody else even if he is a self centered jerk. That changes if he's charged with anything, and I am a little confused as to why this is a civil suit instead of a criminal complaint.
                        She doesn't get to decide whether it is a criminal complaint or not. In normal cases, she would file a police report and a district attorney would decide to press charges or not. This is not a normal case.

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                        IIRC, you don't have to prove as much guilt.
                        For criminal trials it is "beyond a reasonable doubt" for civil trials it is "a preponderance of the evidence." It is why OJ was found not guilty of criminal charges but was found responsible for two murders in civil court.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                          She doesn't get to decide whether it is a criminal complaint or not. In normal cases, she would file a police report and a district attorney would decide to press charges or not. This is not a normal case.

For criminal trials it is "beyond a reasonable doubt" for civil trials it is "a preponderance of the evidence." It is why OJ was found not guilty of criminal charges but was found responsible for two murders in civil court.
                          There we go. Thanks, ticap!
                          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Per Stadium

BREAKING: #Jets HC Adam Gase says QB Sam Darnold will miss Monday’s game with mono. #TakeFlight https://t.co/lghxudHPTd
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids
                            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Jets are gonna Jets.
                              Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                              "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                              Patreon for exclusive writing content
                              Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                                Per Stadium

BREAKING: #Jets HC Adam Gase says QB Sam Darnold will miss Monday’s game with mono. #TakeFlight https://t.co/lghxudHPTd
                                Mono ****ing sucks as an adult. I wish him the best and hope he doesn’t have to go through the same itching torture I did.
                                Code:
                                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                                Originally posted by SanTropez
                                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                                Originally posted by Kepler
                                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Working...
                                X