Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NFL 2019-20: We'll Just Talk About Our Fantasy Teams Again....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NFL 2019-20: We'll Just Talk About Our Fantasy Teams Again....

I dunno - even up, I think I might prefer to take a hockey stick while wearing a helmet than a football helmet to the bare head. However, for those two particular hits, McSorley clearly had more leverage and premeditation.
    If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

This whole thing with Garrett has me remembering Saving Silverman, how Coach (R. Lee Ermey) ended up in prison - in a fit of rage, throwing a down marker across the field that inadvertently impaled an official.

Such a stupid, fun movie.
      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Want to send a message?

Garrett: Until 2021
        The Steelers OL that kicked Garrett in the head: Until 2020
        The Brown that knocked QB down: Until 2020
        Steeler QB: Three games (because he was trying to rip off Garrett's helmet when they were on the ground)

Anyone who threw a punch: Three games.
        Anyone that left the sideline and merely touched, brushed, an opponent: Two games.
        Anyone that left the sidelines: One game.

There are enough camera angles to watch every player. Give the "Department of Player Safety" something to do.
        The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
          Want to send a message?

Garrett: Until 2021
          The Steelers OL that kicked Garrett in the head: Until 2020
          The Brown that knocked QB down: Until 2020
          Steeler QB: Three games (because he was trying to rip off Garrett's helmet when they were on the ground)

Anyone who threw a punch: Three games.
          Anyone that left the sideline and merely touched, brushed, an opponent: Two games.
          Anyone that left the sidelines: One game.

There are enough camera angles to watch every player. Give the "Department of Player Safety" something to do.
          Does the NFL have such a sideline rule? I mean MLB does the bench clearing stuff...I don't really think you can punish the sideline offenders because I'm not sure there is such a rule.
          Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
            Garrett is assault. McSorley was attempted murder.
            I could make a case both are attempted murder.
            "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
            -Gallagher

R.I.P.
            Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
            Grandma ~ Jan 2004
            Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
            Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
              More likely both are a sign of significant, chronic PED abuse. Human beings don't turn into Republicans overnight.
              Last edited by Kepler; 11-15-2019, 12:56 PM.
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                Does the NFL have such a sideline rule? I mean MLB does the bench clearing stuff...I don't really think you can punish the sideline offenders because I'm not sure there is such a rule.
                There's a Sideline Rule.

Violations could subject your team and/or individuals to both in-game penalties and other disciplinary action. Flagrant violations after two warnings could result in an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty. Discipline, including fines and suspensions, may be imposed by the League Office when appropriate.
                http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...delines-policy
                The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                  If he'd have knocked him out with helmet and then the QB died from a brain bleed that would draw at least manslaughter (if not an unpremeditated murder) charge, wouldn't it?

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                    More likely both are a sign of significant, chronic PED abuse. Human beings don't turn into gorillas overnight.
                    Leslie Jones reminds you to be careful with choice of verbiage.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                      If he'd have knocked him out with helmet and then the QB died from a brain bleed that would draw at least manslaughter (if not an unpremeditated murder) charge, wouldn't it?
                      I would think Manslaughter for sure.
                      Depraved indifference would be much harder.
                      "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                      -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                      Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                      Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                      Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                      Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                        Leslie Jones reminds you to be careful with choice of verbiage.
                        Fixed below.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                          More likely both are a sign of significant, chronic PED abuse. Human beings don't turn into Republicans overnight.
                          I'd like to see a wider shot at it again because Rudolph tries to yank his helmet off and according to some reports either kicks or knees him between the legs, I can see why Garrett would get ****ed off and do something. I'm honestly shocked the Rudolph didn't get anything as of yet.
                          Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Rudolph did some "that's just football" stuff. Stuff you see quite often that never amounts to anything. What Garrett did was so over the top...

As for the PIT OL, if I were him, I'd gladly take the suspension for sticking up for my QB. That's his job.
                            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                              Rudolph did some "that's just football" stuff. Stuff you see quite often that never amounts to anything. What Garrett did was so over the top...

As for the PIT OL, if I were him, I'd gladly take the suspension for sticking up for my QB. That's his job.
                              **** that happens in a pile going for a fumble is not the same as what happens clearly between 2 players. Rudolph should be suspended...

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                                **** that happens in a pile going for a fumble is not the same as what happens clearly between 2 players. Rudolph should be suspended...
                                The pile stuff, also shoving/talking sh* after a big play/broken play, whatever. Swinging a helmet towards another guy's head is a whole 'nother level.
                                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Working...
                                X