Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NFL 2019-20: We'll Just Talk About Our Fantasy Teams Again....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFL 2019-20: We'll Just Talk About Our Fantasy Teams Again....

Because Cleveland will make it to a Super Bowl before the Vikings or Lions will.
    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
    Patreon for exclusive writing content
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Re: NFL 2019-20: We'll Just Talk About Our Fantasy Teams Again....

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
    Because Cleveland will make it to a Super Bowl before the Vikings or Lions will.
    Making it to a Super Bowl has never been the Vikings problem.
    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
      Making it to a Super Bowl has never been the Vikings problem.
      Hasnt it been 40 yrs? Seems like a problem.
      PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
      Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
      NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
        It isn't in the same category as Detroit or Cleveland though.
        That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

But if I mention Gary Anderson to a Vikings fan, they fly off the handle.
          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

Nah, he missed one FGA all year. I don't blame him at all. Denny Green should never have kneed the team into such a position.
            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Yeah, well ****** that guy
              And Darrin Nelson
              And Drew Pearson
              And Brett Favre/Adrian Peterson/NFL refs

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                Yeah, well ****** that guy
                And Darrin Nelson
                And Drew Pearson
                And Brett Favre/Adrian Peterson/NFL refs

If Parise had just let Thor handle things, we'd be in a different place now.

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                  Nah, as somebody without a dog in the fight (Sea will always be AFC to me), I think of them as an NFC default.

AFC:

1. Pgh
                  2. Oak
                  3. Mia

NFC:

1. Dal
                  2. Min
                  3. Was

Everybody else just like pretendin.
                  Last edited by Kepler; 08-06-2019, 04:00 PM.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                    Nah, as somebody without a dog in the fight (Sea will always be AFC to me), I think of them as an NFC default.

AFC:

1. Pgh
                    2. Oak
                    3. Mia

NFC:

1. Dal
                    2. Min
                    3. Was

Everybody else just like pretendin.
                    Kep

Washington will self destruct. The Curse of Cooke and Allen continues as long as Danny Boy owns the team and Bruce the Wunderkid ru(i)ns it.
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids
                    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Mookie would take the two over the clowns.....

Or else bet ‘never’ for all three
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Antonio Brown suffered frostbite during cryotherapy, hence why his feet look like they do.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                          Kep

Washington will self destruct. The Curse of Cooke and Allen continues as long as Danny Boy owns the team and Bruce the Wunderkid ru(i)ns it.
                          Oh I understand that. My list is who is locked forever in my mind as "deserving" in the NFL. These things set in stone when you're 12.

It's the same reason that MLB is:

NL:

1. Pgh
                          2. LA
                          3. Cin

AL:

1. Oak
                          2. Bal
                          3. KC

Doesn't matter that some of these teams have not been good in this millennium. It's what is supposed to be.
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Antonio Brown suffered frostbite during cryotherapy, hence why his feet look like they do.
                            This week, on Days of our Raiders...
                            Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                              Oh I understand that. My list is who is locked forever in my mind as "deserving" in the NFL. These things set in stone when you're 12.

It's the same reason that MLB is:

NL:

1. Pgh
                              2. LA
                              3. Cin

AL:

1. Oak
                              2. Bal
                              3. KC

Doesn't matter that some of these teams have not been good in this millennium. It's what is supposed to be.
                              College football during my formative years (1970s) was dominated on NYD by these teams and even if I hate most of them I have a similar feeling of, "they should be there" even to this day, right or wrong:

Oklahoma
                              Alabam
                              Nebraska
                              Michigan
                              USC
                              Ohio State
                              Notre Dame
                              Penn State
                              Texas
                              Arizona State
                              Arkansas

Hell every Rose Bowl in the 70's (my favorite game I guess because, "BIG TEN!") had either UMi or OSU and mostly USC from the PAC10 with a few others sprinkled in but not enough to recognize. Maybe UCLA.

Comment

Working...
                              X