Merrimack College new look Warriors 2019-2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Merrimack College new look Warriors 2019-2020

Good comeback win. Nice to see them actually respond to a deficit and battle back.

Hope they can carry the momentum tomorrow. The Whitt is a tough place to play. (Because the ice melts.)
    Last edited by Yuppie Scum; 12-07-2019, 11:13 PM.

Comment

Re: Merrimack College new look Warriors 2019-2020

Good win. Took advantage of the major penalty (especially the 5 on 3). Great pass to Drevitch at full speed on the GWG, and he buried it. Do it again at the Whitt.
      Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Did I read that correctly? 6 goals? Well if the "New Year's Resolution" was to score more, that's a nice start. Also, congrats to Patrick Holway on his 1st Merrimack goal. Let's hope it the 1st of many. Good start to 2020.

Comment

Originally posted by RENCEB View Post
          Did I read that correctly? 6 goals? Well if the "New Year's Resolution" was to score more, that's a nice start. Also, congrats to Patrick Holway on his 1st Merrimack goal. Let's hope it the 1st of many. Good start to 2020.
          Actually, you started 2020 with just 1 goal in a home loss to Lowell.
          Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
          "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
            Actually, you started 2020 with just 1 goal in a home loss to Lowell.
            Well, yes that's true, but what I really meant was that 3.5 goals per game through 2 games was a good start (that's my story and I'm sticking to it!).

Comment

Close (again) but can't find a way to win. Up 2-0, but credit BU for coming back. Terrible sequence for MC, giving up 2 goals 14 seconds in the 3rd. That's Merrimack's 5th loss of the season by a 3-2 score.

Comment

6 goals given up on 15 shots? Are you freakin' kidding me? Their goalies only saved 9 shots? That is unbelievable. Next game, just start "Orange Traffic Cone" in net. You'll have a better chance.

Comment

6 goals given up on 15 shots? Are you freakin' kidding me? Their goalies only saved 9 shots? That is unbelievable. Next game, just start "Orange Traffic Cone" in net. You'll have a better chance.
                  Worrying if we are relying on one of these guys to step up each of the next 3 years...

Comment

Originally posted by Yuppie Scum View Post
                    Worrying if we are relying on one of these guys to step up each of the next 3 years...
                    Kobryn seems like he is more ready to be a college goalie. Huhtama looks lost and has been exposed. They need a goalie for next year.

Comment

Taking 3 out of 4 from UVM was a must, although perhaps they could have made it a bit easier? Goaltending remains a concern, but it is what it is. Filthy pass by Gresock to Welsher on the OT winner!

Comment

Ug. They were in the game though 2 periods, only down a goal, and have basically a 5 minute power-play to start the 3rd, and can't get it down. Looks like a lot of "goon" stuff going on (didn't see the game, so don't know what precipitated it). Tomorrow's game might get very physical.

Comment

Ug. They were in the game though 2 periods, only down a goal, and have basically a 5 minute power-play to start the 3rd, and can't get it down. Looks like a lot of "goon" stuff going on (didn't see the game, so don't know what precipitated it). Tomorrow's game might get very physical.
                          The Maine people sitting near me wanted Vinnell publicly executed in Orono town square (even though the refs reviewed the play and only gave a major to Dawe).

Comment

Originally posted by Groot View Post
                            The Maine people sitting near me wanted Vinnell publicly executed in Orono town square (even though the refs reviewed the play and only gave a major to Dawe).
                            They can't be reasoned with. Anybody remember Joey Diamond?

Comment

Originally posted by Yuppie Scum View Post
                              They can't be reasoned with. Anybody remember Joey Diamond?
                              Hey Yuppie Scum, I'll see your Joey Diamond, and raise you a Kyle Bigos! I believe big Kyle still holds the Hockey East career record for penalty minutes (although BU alum Eric Gryba and Maine's Diamond may be close behind!). Liking what I'm seeing online happening at BU tonight!

Comment

That's a terrific win. A bit of a break to catch BU mid-Beanpot; Terriers have struggled in these games in recent years. 2 shorties and a couple of absolute snipes (Drevitch, Holway and Kimens). Huhtamaa looked solid. Irvine is quietly climbing the ranks of the top scorers in Hockey East. Now tied for 5th.
                                Last edited by RENCEB; 02-08-2020, 09:03 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X