Merrimack College new look Warriors 2019-2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RENCEB View Post
    Hey Yuppie Scum, I'll see your Joey Diamond, and raise you a Kyle Bigos! I believe big Kyle still holds the Hockey East career record for penalty minutes (although BU alum Eric Gryba and Maine's Diamond may be close behind!). Liking what I'm seeing online happening at BU tonight!
    I’ll see your Bigos and raise you a Preston Ryan. Kid was a Pitbull... with a capital P.

Comment

Re: Merrimack College new look Warriors 2019-2020

Is it a camera problem, or are the teams celebrating Valentine's Day with a romantic candlelight game?

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
        Is it a camera problem, or are the teams celebrating Valentine's Day with a romantic candlelight game?
        LOL! Lighting was bad, but the audio was awful, so there's that. Dug too deep of a hole to climb out of. One goal losses have pretty much crushed them this year. 2 wins and 7 losses in 1 goal games in HE play.
        Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Sigh, "almost" seems to be the story of their Hockey East season. Now 2-8 in one goal games. May head to the Heights tomorrow night (a lot closer to home for me).

Comment

Glass half full: Held BC to 21 shots and only took 3 penalties. Glass half empty: Defense treated BC forwards like fine china. I think I saw one decent hit by MC the entire game, and they let BC get to every loose puck anywhere near the crease. Not tying up players near the net AND not clearing any loose pucks is a recipe for disaster and that's what happened. Dockery took an awful angle on Newhook on the 1st goal and Newhook blew right past him (Newhook is an absolute stud). MC seemed to settle down and got it to 2-1, and was playing well when Welsher made an absolutely soul crushing clear attempt directly across the middle of the offensive zone. As soon as Hutsko accepted the pass (cuz that's what is was ) I rocked my head back and waited to hear the BC fan's roar. Yup, Hutsko said thank you very much. Just a brutal play.
            Last edited by RENCEB; 02-16-2020, 03:16 AM.

Comment

Congrats to Troy Kobryn on his 1st collegiate shutout, 2-0 over PC. Would love to see them sweep the Friars this weekend.

Comment

Do we now have a “goalie controversy?” To get only more confusing next year with a frosh recruit?

Comment

Outstanding! Kobyrn with another gem, 41 saves, including 22 in the 3rd! I'm betting it's been well more than 10 years since they've swept PC on a weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by RENCEB View Post
                    Outstanding! Kobyrn with another gem, 41 saves, including 22 in the 3rd! I'm betting it's been well more than 10 years since they've swept PC on a weekend.
                    2008 according to MacMahon

Comment

Getting waxed by BC was not an ideal way to finish the season, but BC is playing at another level right now.
                      Overall, a bit of improvement over last year:
                      * 9 wins overall, up 2 from last year and 7 wins in league play, up 3 from '18-'19. Thank goodness for that weekend sweep of PC.
                      * They were 3-7 in league in one goal games. Find a way to flip some of those next year, and all of a sudden things look MUCH better.
                      * Offense improved significantly. Last year, MC was 56th in the country. This year, up to 42nd. PP was 59th in the country and they were 26th in the country. Props to whoever is coaching the PP.
                      * Defense: Played much better in league games (77 goals allowed this year vs. 105 last year), but very little improvement overall. Went from 59th (next to last) in the country to 55th. Not a huge leap forward. PK was a lot better this year (33rd in the country) vs last year 56th.
                      *Goaltending: See defense comments. Having 3 frosh goalies was not an ideal situation as it turned out. Kobryn and Huhtamaa were among the bottom 10 goalies in the country based on GAA, and both had save % below 90%. Each one showed signs (Kobryn's weekend performance against PC) but not nearly enough game to game consistency.

Freshman class was reasonably solid. Carlisle will be on the HE All Rookie Team; he will likely lead HE in Blocked Shots, and will likely be the highest scoring Freshman D-man. Uens might also get consideration. Kimens, Welsher and Walsh all look like they'll contribute offensively going forward, and hopefully, the goalies benefit from a year of experience.
                      Trajectory seems upward, and with the addition of some strong recruits next year, outlook is trending positive.
                      Last edited by RENCEB; 03-01-2020, 04:58 PM.

Comment

Is pat kramer coming back? Does anyone know? I heard an interview with Coach Borek and he said he was but I don't know how that is possible if he was a senior. Has anyone heard if anyone is being cut this Year?
                        Today we skate with 'em.

Comment

Originally posted by MCWarrior1011 View Post
                          Is pat kramer coming back? Does anyone know? I heard an interview with Coach Borek and he said he was but I don't know how that is possible if he was a senior. Has anyone heard if anyone is being cut this Year?
                          Yes, Kramer is coming back for 5th year per this:

https://www.themackreport.com/news/p...-fifth-season/

Comment

Originally posted by FLHockeyMom View Post
                            Yes, Kramer is coming back for 5th year per this:

https://www.themackreport.com/news/p...-fifth-season/
                            did not see that! Exactly what I was looking for. Thank you!
                            Today we skate with 'em.

Comment

Originally posted by MCWarrior1011 View Post
                              did not see that! Exactly what I was looking for. Thank you!
                              That was news 2 weeks ago. I want to know what they are going to do with the goalies?? The new kid coming in makes 4 so someone is getting cut. Stings a little to see MC so callous in just gassing kids. We were above that for quite a while. Operated with integrity. Now it seems like every year someone (or more than one???) is getting axed.

Comment

Originally posted by Groot View Post
                                That was news 2 weeks ago. I want to know what they are going to do with the goalies?? The new kid coming in makes 4 so someone is getting cut. Stings a little to see MC so callous in just gassing kids. We were above that for quite a while. Operated with integrity. Now it seems like every year someone (or more than one???) is getting axed.
                                Well I'd hate to see someone's education derailed, but nobody should have a "job for life." It doesn't look like the competition for game time has elevated any of these guys' game yet, the next lever the coach has to pull is the threat of cuts I supposed.

Comment

Working...
                                X