Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

College Football 2019-20: It'll Just Be Alabama vs. Clemson AGAIN.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by alfablue View Post
    Your optimism is amazing, and I hope you are right.

But do you really think Minnesota is in a better place than MSU was when Saban left? I can't see your school out spending any of the southern schools.

And, oddly enough, in a VERY small sample size, Fleck is demonstrating that his style of coaching is capable of moving. Like Meyer, unlike Harbaugh and Kelly and Frost. So whoever in the south that wants to take the risk has some good indicators that the choice will be a good one.
    I'm not optimistic that he stays. I'm just saying dont go to a sh*t school like FSU.
    PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
    Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
    NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

• Re: College Football 2019-20: It'll Just Be Alabama vs. Clemson AGAIN.

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
      I'm not optimistic that he stays. I'm just saying dont go to a sh*t school like FSU.
      I'm not sure I see FSU now as any worse than LSU was before Saban. Gerry DiNardo had a 4-7 and then a 3-9 record prior to Saban- which was way worse than FSU is doing now.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
        Your optimism is amazing, and I hope you are right.

But do you really think Minnesota is in a better place than MSU was when Saban left? I can't see your school out spending any of the southern schools.
        Saban had been coaching in college/NFL for 27 years (several of those in the NFL) and was the head coach of MSU for 5 seasons before he left for LSU. Fleck has been coaching for 11 years with 1 year in the NFL. I don't think LSU (as an example) would be keen on Fleck's rah rah style.

As far as whether or not MSU was in a, "better place" the school had a 51% WIN% between Stolz and Perles leading up to Saban, and Saban overall was only 59%. That's not lighting the conference on fire. Minnesota's campus location is enticing and local support is growing.

BT schools don't traditionally lose coaches voluntarily and success for those have left has been mixed. For every Holtz there's a Bret Beelzebub.

Now even with all that said I'm not going to go, "tMel will never leave MTU" on the bit because anything is possible and Fleck may eventually see an offer he can't refuse. But he loves the Big Ten and Minnesota might be more in position now to match other offers than they've ever been in their history.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
          Saban had been coaching in college/NFL for 27 years (several of those in the NFL) and was the head coach of MSU for 5 seasons before he left for LSU. Fleck has been coaching for 11 years with 1 year in the NFL. I don't think LSU (as an example) would be keen on Fleck's rah rah style.

As far as whether or not MSU was in a, "better place" the school had a 51% WIN% between Stolz and Perles leading up to Saban, and Saban overall was only 59%. That's not lighting the conference on fire. Minnesota's campus location is enticing and local support is growing.

BT schools don't traditionally lose coaches voluntarily and success for those have left has been mixed. For every Holtz there's a Bret Beelzebub.

Now even with all that said I'm not going to go, "tMel will never leave MTU" on the bit because anything is possible and Fleck may eventually see an offer he can't refuse. But he loves the Big Ten and Minnesota might be more in position now to match other offers than they've ever been in their history.
          Bless you guys, but I don't see Minnesota as a destination coaching place for college football. As good as you have it, I'm betting most see it as a stepping stone to someplace else. *Maybe* you are right, but just looking at the consideration that an undefeated Minnesota is currently getting, vs if FSU was a one loss team, well..... Minnesota growing vs. FSU. Think about that.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
            Bless you guys, but I don't see Minnesota as a destination coaching place for college football. As good as you have it, I'm betting most see it as a stepping stone to someplace else. *Maybe* you are right, but just looking at the consideration that an undefeated Minnesota is currently getting, vs if FSU was a one loss team, well..... Minnesota growing vs. FSU. Think about that.
            Both Glen Mason and Tubby Smith could have left multiple times yet never did. I am not saying it's not going to happen and am not claiming Minnesota is a bigger destination than say Alabama, but it's not Appalachian State either. So you can blow your blessings out of your Ann Arbor is a whore ass!

Comment

The Alabama-LSU game will have a very special guest. He was booed at the World Series and a UFC event but I bet he gets cheered in Tuscaloosa.

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                The Alabama-LSU game will have a very special guest. He was booed at the World Series and a UFC event but I bet he gets cheered in Tuscaloosa.
                It does seem like his audience

Comment

Coward
                  Code:
                  As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                  College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                  BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                  Originally posted by SanTropez
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                  I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                    If all else fails they will pipe in applause and drown the crowd out. But I don't think they'll need to. That's ground zero.
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                      If all else fails they will pipe in applause and drown the crowd out. But I don't think they'll need to. That's ground zero.
                      He got 63% in 2016. If he can't get cheers at an Alabama football game, he can't get it outside of his MAGA bubble. No way we'd be that lucky. Good thing he hates ESPN or he'd take over GameDay.
                      "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                        I dunno, his presence is going to make getting in any easier. That might **** some folks off.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                        iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                        gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                        Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                        Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                        TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                        DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                          But as I pointed out, the SEC non conference wins suck, too. The best ever Alabama plays Western Carolina next week. And they have played powerhouse Mercer in game one. Other than SEC schools, their schedule is a joke- I'd be ****ed as a fan seeing the crappy games. LSU's best game is Texas, who is turning out to not be all that good.

Granted, Pedo State played my terrible Vandals in game one.

Still- to make any decent conclusions relative to other conferences, shouldn't they play a better non conference schedule?

What makes me sick now is the discussion that both LSU and Bama should get into the playoffs despite the fact (and it is a fact) that one of those two teams isn't even going to win their division. So much for the regular season mattering. Right NOW, the B1G has 3 undefeated teams. And, IMHO, Minnesota has had as tough a real schedule to the SEC, when you compare their entire non-conference schedule. Nobody is even thinking about Pedo AND OSU making it in, and I'm 100% sure that if an undefeated Minny closely beats an undefeated OSU in the B1G champ game, both teams will not be going. Let alone a 1 lost Pedo state be considered.

Then again, the reality is that outside of the SEC, not many care about them, so ESPN will suffer for eyes to watch. I've not watched the championship game....
                          There are literally no programs other than terrible programs who are willing to play Bama non-conference. Saban has said repeatedly he’d love to schedule the USC’s, the Notre Dame’s, the Penn State’s. None of those teams want to destroy their season with a 44-10 loss in game 2 of the season.
                          That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                            Both Glen Mason and Tubby Smith could have left multiple times yet never did. I am not saying it's not going to happen and am not claiming Minnesota is a bigger destination than say Alabama, but it's not Appalachian State either. So you can blow your blessings out of your Ann Arbor is a whore ass!
                            Yea, they were just good enough to not fire. My Vandals are suffering the same fate- the same fool who has a terrible record does not seem that he will ever be fired...

We will see.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                              There are literally no programs other than terrible programs who are willing to play Bama non-conference. Saban has said repeatedly he’d love to schedule the USC’s, the Notre Dame’s, the Penn State’s. None of those teams want to destroy their season with a 44-10 loss in game 2 of the season.
                              Work a little harder. Maybe GO to Notre Dame, Happy Valley, or LA for a game. Michigan got destroyed by them in Dallas- big deal. I do NOT feel sorry that he's saying what he is saying, but I am going to bash the all year long if they insist to play such crappy teams.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                                Back before MSU forgot how to play offense, which coincidentally started in the playoff against Alabama, Saban backed out of a home and home with MSU because of "uncertainty over the SEC schedule." Because then he'd have to play ten P5 teams.

Why would he be worried about ten P5 games? He certainly has the team equipped for it. Risk mitigation I'd assume, since he knows his conference schedule will carry him. But it's not like other programs are ducking them. They just don't want to play a neutral game in Atlanta every year to do it. They want home and homes.
                                Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Working...
                                X