Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

College Football 2019-20: It'll Just Be Alabama vs. Clemson AGAIN.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: College Football 2019-20: It'll Just Be Alabama vs. Clemson AGAIN.

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Don’t be a knob.
    That was more of a slam against Wisconsin than it was Minnesota.

Comment

LSU takes over the #1 spot in the AP Poll. Clemson, which blew out an average BC squad, dropped another two points. Since the beginning of the season, Clemson has dropped 134 points and 3 spots in the AP Poll despite going 8-0 and averaging a 31 point victory. Meanwhile, Auburn has gained 332 points and 5 spots in the AP Poll despite losing twice.
      North Dakota
      National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
        LSU takes over the #1 spot in the AP Poll. Clemson, which blew out an average BC squad, dropped another two points. Since the beginning of the season, Clemson has dropped 134 points and 3 spots in the AP Poll despite going 8-0 and averaging a 31 point victory. Meanwhile, Auburn has gained 332 points and 5 spots in the AP Poll despite losing twice.
        Sounds like Auburn is underrated. They play in the SEC, you know!

Comment

Semi-interesting map of ticket buyers.

It shows two things:

1. Within big intra-state flyover rivalries, which part of which godforsaken state follows which team, and
          2. Nobody gives a rat's as-s about a given college football team outside a 50-mile radius of its stadium except Notre Dame. Not even the service academies.

Measuring who watches rather than attends games would obviously be much better, but college football is still the local state fair on amphetamines. It's nothing like pro sports (I mean outside of the athlete compensation). It's demographically far more like high school sports.
          Last edited by Kepler; 10-27-2019, 03:34 PM.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
            Stanford owns Wheatland County, Montana apparently.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
            iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
            gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
            Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
            Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
            TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
            DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

It shows two things:

1. Within big intra-state flyover rivalries, which part of which godforsaken state follows which team, and
              2. Nobody gives a rat's as-s about a given college football team outside a 50-mile radius of its stadium except Notre Dame. Not even the service academies.

Measuring who watches rather than attends games would obviously be much better, but college football is still the local state fair on amphetamines. It's nothing like pro sports (I mean outside of the athlete compensation). It's demographically far more like high school sports.
              Ohio State owns Arostook County, ME.

Michigan is present in Lander County, NV

Michigan State isn't a big presence outside the state.
              Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
              "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
              Patreon for exclusive writing content
              Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

It shows two things:

Im not sure how accurate that map is. My neighbor is an LSU season ticket holder (I got tix from him this year for our annual man trip), yet it says no LSU tickets for my county.
                North Dakota

Comment

It shows two things:

Sure. A third of tickets sold in Franklin County, Maine are Vanderbilt and one-fifth are for UCLA. Seems legit.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                    The Farm owns more farms.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                      Rich as-shole alum, I'm sure.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Im not sure how accurate that map is. My neighbor is an LSU season ticket holder (I got tix from him this year for our annual man trip), yet it says no LSU tickets for my county.
                        It's based on tickets sold through Vivid Seat's 3rd party platform, not from the school directly. In some of the random ones you see, it's probably a single, off the wall purchase that skewed the numbers. USCHO's DavyD is probably the reason Marquette Co. MI boasts a 7.9% tally for Alabama
                        It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                          It's based on tickets sold through Vivid Seat's 3rd party platform, not from the school directly. In some of the random ones you see, it's probably a single, off the wall purchase that skewed the numbers. USCHO's DavyD is probably the reason Marquette Co. MI boasts a 7.9% tally for Alabama
                          That makes more sense then. Ive never used Vivid Seat. How do people like it compared with Stub Hub or Seat Geek?
                          North Dakota

Comment

Rich as-shole alum, I'm sure.
                            Probably a VC who takes a private jet to each game.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                            iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                            gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                            Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                            Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                            TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                            DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

That makes more sense then. Ive never used Vivid Seat. How do people like it compared with Stub Hub or Seat Geek?
                              I had a 10% off coupon for Vivid Seats but never used it. I wanted to buy Bruins tickets but even with 10% off it was way more expensive than Stub Hub.

Comment

They lack the volume/popularity of Stub Hub for events in Chicago, but are a legit, albeit 2nd tier outlet. I put them on par with Seat Geek.
                                It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Working...
                                X