Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

College Football 2019-20: It'll Just Be Alabama vs. Clemson AGAIN.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: College Football 2019-20: It'll Just Be Alabama vs. Clemson AGAIN.

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
    Two weeks from now. But I agree, it will be Bama/LSU, 1 vs. 2. Here's to hoping it actually knocks out one of the two teams from the playoff.
    Oops, didn't notice the date. Wow, both LSU and Alabama get a bye right before they play each other. Man, crazy coincidence, huh? :P

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
    Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
      Oops, didn't notice the date. Wow, both LSU and Alabama get a bye right before they play each other. Man, crazy coincidence, huh? :P
      It gives the country an extra week to appreciate the greatness of the SEC, and the fact that it has the top 2 ranked teams in the country, and 14 of the top 20.
      North Dakota
      National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

It gives the country an extra week to appreciate the greatness of the SEC, and the fact that it has the top 2 ranked teams in the country, and 14 of the top 20.
        How dare you imply the conference is playing favorites and trying to game the system?!

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
        iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
        gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
        Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
        Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
        TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
        DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Only 14?

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
            8 games and they've played nobody. OSU showed how weak B1G West is today. No contest.

That said, it would be nice to see them take PSU.
            Don’t be a knob.
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

If the SEC teams were here they'd consume the other conferences with fireballs from their eyes and bolts of lightning from their arse.

Comment

Now THAT is some serious cougin’ it.
                If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Two weeks from now. But I agree, it will be Bama/LSU, 1 vs. 2. Here's to hoping it actually knocks out one of the two teams from the playoff.
                  If it's a close game the loser probably won't even drop below 3.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

With LSU winning, i dont think there is anyway gameday isnt at ALA/LSU on the 9th.
                    PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                    Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                    NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

It's all pretend until the last game, so it's pretty frustrating to see teams get extra credit for the perceived level of a win. Like did anyone really think ND was a top 10 team given who they have played? But the SEC is getting extra credit for just who everyone thinks they are- so if the BAMA-LSU game is close- lots and lots of people will claim that both teams should get in. Whereas if the same happens between OSU and PSU- the talk will be more muted- remember when OSU and UM had a really close game, but the B1G didn't get the extra team in. But Bama has gotten in even not winning their own division.

But the other odd thing is the playoff predictor- where Bama+LSU >100% as is OSU+PSU>100%. Seems to me the model does not take into account that two of those teams WILL lose, likely taking both out. Which means the sum of the two should be just barely over 100%- since there's a possibility that both teams get in.

(which brings back an old rant some may remember- if you can't even win your division, let alone your conference, you do NOT deserve a spot in the playoffs)

Comment

Ya if it was in Baton Rouge maybe not since they've already been there this year. But they haven't been in Tuscaloosa yet.

Comment

LSU has wins over Texas (not great but solid non conference win), Florida and Auburn. That's why I would put them #1. Not sure any of the other top teams can match that.

Comment

Like did anyone really think ND was a top 10 team given who they have played?
                            Happens every year.
                            A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                              LSU has wins over Texas (not great but solid non conference win), Florida and Auburn. That's why I would put them #1. Not sure any of the other top teams can match that.
                              Agreed. LSU deserves to be #1 at this point. I think OSU/Clemson/Bama all have had similar schedules with similar performances.

Obviously, if Clemson and OSU (or Pedo State/Minnesota) win out they are in. The LSU/Bama winner will likely get in. So, one spot left between: LSU/Bama loser (assuming they finish with one loss), Georgia/Florida winner (assumimg they win the SEC), Oregon (assuming they win out), and Oklahoma or Baylor (assuming they win out). Of course, chaos could reign and completely shake this up, but at this point I think that is probably the universe of teams able to get in the playoff.
                              North Dakota
                              National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Included below is someone posted that Clemson is 254 points from 1-7. What a wacky conference.
                                "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Working...
                                X