Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

College Football 2019-20: It'll Just Be Alabama vs. Clemson AGAIN.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
    Nearly 30 years later and the rest of Hockey East still refers to us as cheaters. Our "crimes" pale in comparison to what happened in Happy Valley. Fck the Lions. They're Pedo State for perpetuity.
    Yes,
    And yes
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
      Not this time.
      Then who makes it over 11-1 Bama whose only loss will be LSU

Comment

• Re: College Football 2019-20: It'll Just Be Alabama vs. Clemson AGAIN.

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
        Not a chance.
        I don't believe MN will run the table, either. I'm just sayin'.....
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
          1. LSU
          2. Ohio State
          3. Clemson
          4. Alabama

Get ready for 11-1 not in SEC title game Bama to still get in.
          Agreed. LSU is definitely the #1 team. Played decent non-conference schedule, have played or will play all of the top SEC teams...knocked off Alabama, in Alabama. The fake Tigers deserve to be #1. In this scenario, it doesn't really matter who is 2/3, but definitely Clemson/OSU, whichever order you want to put them. Given that OSU was ranked four spots ahead of Clemson last week, they will be ranked ahead again. #4 is a battle between Alabama, Georgia, Oregon, Utah, and Oklahoma. Alabama has the "best loss" of the group. Georgia has the best wins, but also probably the worst loss. Oregon and Utah play in the Pac 12, so they aren't allowed in the Playoff. Oklahoma has no great victories, no terrible losses. Given that it was such a close game between Alabama and LSU, I am guessing the committee will put Alabama at #4, and Georgia at #5.

Minnesota will make a nice jump, probably up to around 10. It will be interesting to see if Minnesota jumps ahead of Penn State. Obviously they should, but the committee appears to treat beating Michigan as the equivalent of receiving communion from Christ himself.
          North Dakota
          National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
            I understand the frustration with the rankings, but an undefeated B1G champion will make the Playoff, particularly where there will be, at most, only two other undefeated conference champions. I think 95% of the country is hoping it is Minnesota.
            North Dakota

Comment

If MN runs the table they are in. No way they are kept out.
              Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
              Originally posted by Quizmire
              mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
              MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
              MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
              I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

I put MN at 9 after this week, Baylor will drop, winning the way they did. That helped.

I think there is too much bias even if MN runs the table. It'll be some sort of "well, there are two teams up for that last spot...." and MN is out.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                    He was a monster today.

Comment

The sexual assault bears (not to be confused with the pedo bears) would as long as they run the table.

Comment

I put MN at 9 after this week, Baylor will drop, winning the way they did. That helped.

I think there is too much bias even if MN runs the table. It'll be some sort of "well, there are two teams up for that last spot...." and MN is out.
                        No. If Minnesota runs the table they are in. If Oklahoma was still unbeaten, then yes, I would agree with you. However, they aren't going to put in two teams with 1 loss ahead of an undefeated B1G champion. Particularly one that just ran the table beating a Top-5 PSU, Top-25 Iowa, Top-10 Wisconsin, and #1 Ohio State.
                        North Dakota

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                          No. If Minnesota runs the table they are in. If Oklahoma was still unbeaten, then yes, I would agree with you. However, they aren't going to put in two teams with 1 loss ahead of an undefeated B1G champion. Particularly one that just ran the table beating a Top-5 PSU, Top-25 Iowa, Top-10 Wisconsin, and #1 Ohio State.
                          I agree that is the way it SHOULD go.....

Comment

Plenty of people with Alabama's schedule. They have zero wins vs. ranked opponents right now. They'll probably pick up #20ish Auburn if they're 8-4 with L's to UGA and ALA. They don't play the other ranked SEC teams from the east. They need into the conference championship game.
                            "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                              Plenty of people with Alabama's schedule. They have zero wins vs. ranked opponents right now. They'll probably pick up #20ish Auburn if they're 8-4 with L's to UGA and ALA. They don't play the other ranked SEC teams from the east. They need into the conference championship game.
                              Bama plays in the SEC though! That's NFL caliber!

Comment

I agree that is the way it SHOULD go.....
                                Again, if Minnesota runs the table, they are in. End of story. There would be a better chance of the NCAA donating the Men's Basketball Tournament profits to charity than Minnesota being left out of the Playoff. Again, the committee will not put in two 1-loss teams ahead of an undefeated B1G champion.
                                North Dakota

Comment

Working...
                                X