Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

College Football 2019-20: It'll Just Be Alabama vs. Clemson AGAIN.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: College Football 2019-20: It'll Just Be Alabama vs. Clemson AGAIN.

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
    Minnesota's best win entering today was an FCS school and they barely escaped that one. They've clearly gotten better during conference play, but it's not like their ranking isn't reasonable.
    So here's the funny thing, though- there's considerable talk about conferences getting two teams in. And since OSU is one and PSU is 4- two of those are in the B1G.

I bet there's a 100% chance of that talk ending if Minnesota finishes this game, at least for the B1G. If they win out, MN will be in, for sure- the question will be if OSU loses close in the B1G championship, do they still get in?

Still bugs me that people assume that if the game tonight is close, both teams will get in, even though one of the two teams won't win their division. Winning divisions and conferences should mean something in this process.

Comment

Minnesota's best win entering today was an FCS school and they barely escaped that one. They've clearly gotten better during conference play, but it's not like their ranking isn't reasonable.
      Yeah, I was talking about Penn State.
      North Dakota
      National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

• Originally posted by alfablue View Post
        Yes, it does. You are very wrong in that thinking. The FANS are the entire reason it was allowed to happen in the first place, as winning for the fans is that important. And since the fans want to ignore what Paterno DIDN'T do, it's more evidence that they accept that Penn State, Jo Pa, and the rest of the system were ok with winning football games over putting a child rapist in prison. Acceptance of that is, indeed, accepting child rape.

Take off the wins, accept that JoPa was way more flawed than anyone accepts, and people may change their minds. The fact that the hockey team took off the stupid wins number quickly was a partial win in my book.
        Like you said...we aren't going to agree.
        "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
        -Gallagher

R.I.P.
        Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
        Grandma ~ Jan 2004
        Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
        Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
          So here's the funny thing, though- there's considerable talk about conferences getting two teams in. And since OSU is one and PSU is 4- two of those are in the B1G.

I bet there's a 100% chance of that talk ending if Minnesota finishes this game, at least for the B1G. If they win out, MN will be in, for sure- the question will be if OSU loses close in the B1G championship, do they still get in?

Still bugs me that people assume that if the game tonight is close, both teams will get in, even though one of the two teams won't win their division. Winning divisions and conferences should mean something in this process.
          You must be forgetting that LSU and Alabama both play in the SEC...the greatest football conference in the world, including the NFL. I mean, just ask anyone down south how dominant they are!
          North Dakota

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post

If Minnesota wins out, they'll have a good resume. It's just that their schedule is incredibly backloaded so for right now they don't have anything besides a 0 in the loss column. In that case, I think OSU still has an argument for getting in with their sole loss being to Minny.
            Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

If Minnesota wins out, they'll have a good resume. It's just that their schedule is incredibly backloaded so for right now they don't have anything besides a 0 in the loss column. In that case, I think OSU still has an argument for getting in with their sole loss being to Minny.
              Yeah, I mean just look at OSU's non-conference schedule! Florida Atlantic, Cincinnati, and Miami of Ohio...all at the horseshoe. Brutal.
              North Dakota

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                Yeah, I mean just look at OSU's non-conference schedule! Florida Atlantic, Cincinnati, and Miami of Ohio...all at the horseshoe. Brutal.
                Yeah, we know, poor Clemson.

All those teams are first in their divisions, and OSU beat them by 24, 42, and 71, respectively. OSU also has Wisconsin, PSU, Michigan, and most likely Minnesota.
                Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Yeah, we know, poor Clemson.

All those teams are first in their divisions, and OSU beat them by 24, 42, and 71, respectively.
                  Again, Florida Atlantic, Cincinnati, and Miami of Ohio...all at home. Ohio State loses and they shouldn't sniff the Playoff.
                  North Dakota

Comment

James Franklin is a bad gameday football coach
                    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

I did not see that coming, but hot **** I'm pretty pumped by it.
                      the state of hockey is good

Comment

Huge win there. Ski u mah!
                        PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                        Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                        NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                          I did not see that coming, but hot **** I'm pretty pumped by it.
                          It has been a long time coming for you guys...enjoy it. Here's to Minnesota rolling through the rest of the B1G and making the Playoff.
                          North Dakota

Comment

• Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                            I find it disrespectful.
                            It's a scarf. It's not like they vandalized it with paint or damaged it or anything.
                            Last edited by unofan; 11-09-2019, 02:33 PM.

Comment

Oh, it is definitely disrespectful. That's the point. If you're expecting sports fans to be completely respectful of all things, you're going to have a hard time.

They didn't vandalize or deface the thing. If someone had, yeah that is going too far.
                              the state of hockey is good

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post
                                It's a scarf. It's not like they vandalized it with paint or damaged it or anything.
                                I don't care.
                                Last edited by First Time, Long Time; 11-09-2019, 03:02 PM.
                                "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                                -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                                Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                                Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                                Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                                Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Working...
                                X