Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

College Football 2019-20: It'll Just Be Alabama vs. Clemson AGAIN.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: College Football 2019-20: It'll Just Be Alabama vs. Clemson AGAIN.

With LSU, Ohio State, Clemson, Bama, and Georgia being top 5 in both polls.

Wouldn't be surprised to see CFP ranking echo the AP top four.
    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
    Patreon for exclusive writing content
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
      With LSU, Ohio State, Clemson, Bama, and Georgia being top 5 in both polls.

Wouldn't be surprised to see CFP ranking echo the AP top four.
      I don't know. AP had Bama 2 last wk, CFP had them 3. CFP only drops them 1 even though the got their a*s kicked @ home and being a 7 pt fave to boot?
      A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
        I don't know. AP had Bama 2 last wk, CFP had them 3. CFP only drops them 1 even though the got their a*s kicked @ home and being a 7 pt fave to boot?
        Alabama brings in a TON of money in Vegas... That's why they were a heavy favorite... "Pros" cleaned up on that number....
        It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

I mean LSU had to put the game away late in the 4th. Bama came back from 20 down to make it a game. They didn't lose to the little sisters of the poor. My only point here is right now I don't think the other contenders for that final spot have proven to be clearly better than Alabama. I just don't think it's an automatic that Bama is out of this.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
            I mean LSU had to put the game away late in the 4th. Bama came back from 20 down to make it a game. They didn't lose to the little sisters of the poor. My only point here is right now I don't think the other contenders for that final spot have proven to be clearly better than Alabama. I just don't think it's an automatic that Bama is out of this.
            I anticipate hearing a narrative that: (1) Tua was hurt; (2) despite the injury, he nearly led Alabama to a victory; and (3) with a healthy Tua (which he would theoretically be for the Playoff), Alabama might be better than LSU, and certainly a top 4.

Not that I necessarily buy into those talking points, but that's what we will hear if Alabama finishes 11-1.
            North Dakota
            National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Bama is done if there are 4 Big 5 undefeated teams left. End of story.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                If it's down to AL with one loss, and MN undefeated....AL wins that one. I hope I'm proved wrong.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                  If it's down to AL with one loss, and MN undefeated....AL wins that one. I hope I'm proved wrong.
                  If MN got there undefeated they would have to have beat ranked PSU, Iowa, Wisc and OSU 4 of their last 5 games. I don't see that happening but...

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                    You are wrong. It has never happened. It will never happen. Unless there are five undefeated power five teams, they will all get in. Period. This isn’t an argument or debate. It’s a fact.
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                      You are wrong. It had never happened. It will never happen. Unless there are five undefeated power five teams, they will all get in. Period. This isn’t an argument or debate. It’s a fact.
                      As I said, I hope I'm wrong. The cynic in me is full bore on this one.
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                        That wasn't the argument but ok

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                          If MN got there undefeated they would have to have beat ranked PSU, Iowa, Wisc and OSU 4 of their last 5 games. I don't see that happening but...
                          Yea, that flips what people call an "easy schedule" to a very hard one. By the time the season ends, they would have beaten 2 top 5 teams (at the time), and two more top 20. Bama does not even have the chance to do that anymore- best they can do is beat two top 20 teams.

Although, by the time you play OSU, I do hope that they are no longer in the top 5 due to one loss.....

Comment

• Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                            Although, by the time you play OSU, I do hope that they are no longer in the top 5 due to one loss.....
                            How much of Harbough’s future do you think rides on this year’s The Game?

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                            And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                            Twenty red lights in his honor
                            Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
                              How much of Harbough’s future do you think rides on this year’s The Game?
                              More than normal, but less than the SEC loving pundits think.

Michigan is WAY ahead of the past two coaches, and given how Carr finished his career, you can make a strong argument that he's better than that, too. Although most wanted to see Carr retire long before he did.

It would be nice to run into the coach again, I have some questions for him- not mean ones, nor specific play or other directed criticisms. Just some questions on how some of the things coaches are saying apply to themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                                That wasn't the argument but ok
                                I just don't think it's an automatic that Bama is out of this.

It certainly isn't automatic but if there are at least 4 Big 5 undefeated teams at the end of the season they will be. Whatever else you have to say I don't care.

Comment

Working...
                                X