Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UMD ‘Dogs 2019-2020: Fish Fry at Amsoil Arena Will Make UMD A Perennial Powerhouse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMD ‘Dogs 2019-2020: Fish Fry at Amsoil Arena Will Make UMD A Perennial Powerhous

Nice split at WMU. They had a bad 3rd period on Friday and rebounded with a great defensive effort. Exactly what UMD needed this weekend. Still fell to 5th in the PairWise which complicates seeding but it's about a month until selection Sunday. Plenty will change.

https://***********/Biddco/status/1231576740662738949

UMD has their last road series of the season when they visit CC. I'd hate to say it's a must sweep but you really should sweep them. They have looked really bad this year.

AND UMD will likely play CC or Miami in the first round of the playoffs. Nice to have UND not quite clinch the Penrose yet. I think SCSU at this time had.
    Last edited by Biddco; 02-23-2020, 08:27 PM.
    tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

• Originally posted by Biddco View Post
      Nice split at WMU. They had a bad 3rd period on Friday and rebounded with a great defensive effort. Exactly what UMD needed this weekend. Still fell to 5th in the PairWise which complicates seeding but it's about a month until selection Sunday. Plenty will change.

https://***********/Biddco/status/1231576740662738949

UMD has their last road series of the season when they visit CC. I'd hate to say it's a must sweep but you really should sweep them. They have looked really bad this year.

AND UMD will likely play CC or Miami in the first round of the playoffs. Nice to have UND not quite clinch the Penrose yet. I think SCSU at this time had.
      Agreed. Need to take care of business next weekend. Losses will certainly hurt in the Pairwise. Also want to build off Saturday’s win and get some momentum before finishing against an improved St Cloud team.

Saturday’s win really impressed me. To win a low-scoring defensive game against a high-scoring team like Western Michigan is really impressive. WMU had been scoring a lot and UMD shut them down.

Comment

• Re: UMD ‘Dogs 2019-2020: Fish Fry at Amsoil Arena Will Make UMD A Perennial Powerhous

Hopefully we see a sweep this weekend at CC. I'm a little concerned about the loss of Jackson Cates. He doesn't have his brother's scoring ability but he's a productive Center for us that does a lot of the little things well. I remember earlier in the season when we had some injuries it really set us back. Those were defensive injuries albeit but hopefully the rest of the team steps up. Home stretch here, get out of these weekends without any further injuries and prepare for the stretch run.
        "In heaven there is no beer. NO BEER! That's why we drink it here. RIGHT HERE!"

Comment

• Originally posted by dogs2012 View Post
          Hopefully we see a sweep this weekend at CC. I'm a little concerned about the loss of Jackson Cates. He doesn't have his brother's scoring ability but he's a productive Center for us that does a lot of the little things well. I remember earlier in the season when we had some injuries it really set us back. Those were defensive injuries albeit but hopefully the rest of the team steps up. Home stretch here, get out of these weekends without any further injuries and prepare for the stretch run.
          Nice win last night. I thought UMD controlled the game pretty much from start to finish. Unfortunately they had a tough time actually burying their chances. It was almost like CC was playing rope-a-dope letting UMD control play and then counter punch when they saw an opportunity or when UMD made a bad turnover.

Cool to beat CC in Colorado Springs by controlling most of the game and still come away feeling there could be substantial improvements in their game.

Hopefully J Cates is not out long term but it sure sounds like it he will be. Always tough to replace your first line center. Thankfully I’ve noticed improvements from both the 4th line and Hilderman in the last month that make the team much deeper.

Comment

Originally posted by UMD622 View Post
            Nice win last night. I thought UMD controlled the game pretty much from start to finish. Unfortunately they had a tough time actually burying their chances. It was almost like CC was playing rope-a-dope letting UMD control play and then counter punch when they saw an opportunity or when UMD made a bad turnover.

Cool to beat CC in Colorado Springs by controlling most of the game and still come away feeling there could be substantial improvements in their game.

Hopefully J Cates is not out long term but it sure sounds like it he will be. Always tough to replace your first line center. Thankfully I’ve noticed improvements from both the 4th line and Hilderman in the last month that make the team much deeper.
            No problem burying their chances tonight. Well done UMD. Got the sweep.

I'd be shocked if Jackson came back at all this year. At best he could come back for the Frozen Four...but even that might be a stretch.
            tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Hats off to those CC fans... I was impressed with their enthusiasm while down 2-0 (cuz I wouldn’t be).. then the game got ugly but fans stayed engaged and to the bitter end. Reminded me of the old days at the DECC just hoping for a close game.
              I’d like to see playing time— seemed to me we were playing our 3rd and 4th lines quite a lot.
              They need Gwoz. But in Havilands defense—I think he might have sat Wilkie a few shifts after his chippy play (which did draw a penalty and resulting PP goal). But 2/3 of the games I’ve been to at CC were total blowouts
              I wanna go fast!

Comment

• Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                No problem burying their chances tonight. Well done UMD. Got the sweep.

I'd be shocked if Jackson came back at all this year. At best he could come back for the Frozen Four...but even that might be a stretch.
                No problem putting the puck in the net at all last night. Good to see.

I’m guessing you’re right about J Cates. That’s too bad. Such a solid player.

On to a much-improved St Cloud team. Kind of a dangerous series for UMD because they are pretty much locked into 2 seed for playoffs and probably won’t move much in Pairwise win or lose. On the other hand, St Cloud plays well and gets some help could play themselves into a home playoff series. Should be fun, regardless and hopefully UMD can finish the regular season on a high note.

Comment

Originally posted by UMD622 View Post
                  No problem putting the puck in the net at all last night. Good to see.

I’m guessing you’re right about J Cates. That’s too bad. Such a solid player.

On to a much-improved St Cloud team. Kind of a dangerous series for UMD because they are pretty much locked into 2 seed for playoffs and probably won’t move much in Pairwise win or lose. On the other hand, St Cloud plays well and gets some help could play themselves into a home playoff series. Should be fun, regardless and hopefully UMD can finish the regular season on a high note.
                  Do we have any idea what's wrong with him? One of my least favorite things about hockey is the lack of information around injuries.

Comment

Great weekend by UMD...Saturday they were playing so well. First regular season sweep of SCSU in Amsoil Arena. They are peaking at the right time with playoffs starting.

Hosting Miami next weekend which should be a UMD sweep.

Playoffs are gonna be a blast! Cannot wait.
                    tUMD Hockey

Comment

As sad as I’ll be/already am, if they cancel the season we’re still defending champs and that’s pretty much the same as a 3-peat!
                      But playing in empty arenas, my money is on Mankato breaking the curse in a big way. UMD and UND don’t play well in empty arenas
                      I wanna go fast!

Comment

Originally posted by UMD21 View Post
                        As sad as I’ll be/already am, if they cancel the season we’re still defending champs and that’s pretty much the same as a 3-peat!
                        But playing in empty arenas, my money is on Mankato breaking the curse in a big way. UMD and UND don’t play well in empty arenas
                        I am disappointed that the frozen four has been cancelled. I think it would have been the most competitive field in years. Would have been cool to see Duluth going for their third strait in person. Best of luck to Duluth!

Comment

Originally posted by UMD21 View Post
                          Ha.

UMD has done well in neutral sites, I can't think of empty arenas where they haven't done well.

I think we will see the season cancelled at some point.
                          tUMD Hockey

Comment

Well sucks to never know what could have been.
                            tUMD Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                              Well sucks to never know what could have been.
                              We'll get through it. And from now on I will never belittle or ignore an exhibition game against Lakehead St. or the USNDT program again. Hell, I'm going to care about preseason football after this. At least it's sports.

Comment

Originally posted by dogs2012 View Post
                                We'll get through it. And from now on I will never belittle or ignore an exhibition game against Lakehead St. or the USNDT program again. Hell, I'm going to care about preseason football after this. At least it's sports.
                                Yep. Among a hundred others thing we took for granted.
                                tUMD Hockey

Comment

Working...
                                X