Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UMD ‘Dogs 2019-2020: Fish Fry at Amsoil Arena Will Make UMD A Perennial Powerhouse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMD ‘Dogs 2019-2020: Fish Fry at Amsoil Arena Will Make UMD A Perennial Powerhous

Originally posted by UMD21 View Post
    I was scared to check the score yesterday we readdy need PWR. UMD game available to stream today like yesterday? Would love to watch sitting around the airport.
    I’m throwing around serious interest to make the road trip to GF. I went to hockey camp in that arena but never watched a game there. This year seems as good as any other year to do it
    Yes it's on the same CBS All-Access site like it was yesterday. It's actually a really good video feed and the announcers seem to have an affinity for the Bulldogs. You have to create an account for a 1 week trial so set a reminder to cancel the subscription before the week is up or you'll be paying whatever the monthly fee is.
    "In heaven there is no beer. NO BEER! That's why we drink it here. RIGHT HERE!"

Comment

• Re: UMD ‘Dogs 2019-2020: Fish Fry at Amsoil Arena Will Make UMD A Perennial Powerhous

Took care of business against Merrimack, which boosted their non-conference record to 5-5 and improved their Pairwise to 10th. The players talked about resetting mentally for the second half. Let's hope they so and hopefully UMD can win a couple more titles before the season is done.
      tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

• Originally posted by Biddco View Post
        Took care of business against Merrimack, which boosted their non-conference record to 5-5 and improved their Pairwise to 10th. The players talked about resetting mentally for the second half. Let's hope they so and hopefully UMD can win a couple more titles before the season is done.
        Seems weird to say that a mid-season non-conference sweep to a lower tier team is huge, but it absolutely was. Kudos to the players for coming through. While I haven’t done the math to figure out what could have been, I’m guessing a split or a Merrimack sweep would have made things incredibly difficult for the team NCAA-tournament wise. At the risk of overstating it, that seemed like a must-sweep and they did that. Good for them.

I didn’t see Sunday’s game, but I did watch Monday’s game and I thought UMD looked good. Shut down Merrimack defensively. Really good sign to see Richards and Koepke playing so well.

On to the 2nd half.

Comment

Big month coming up! Let’s go!
          At that point of season where I’m just hating polls all together. Too early in the season they mean nothing and very speculative, late season only pairwise matters in all reality. If UMD gets in this year on the bubble, right now would have DU to thank singlehandedly for saving our PWR with their strong NC sweeps of Hockey East. Wisconsin getting hot would help. I don’t think Badgers can overcome pairwise for an at large but could win their tourney.
          Hopefully Sandelin comes back with fire in his eyes coming home medal-less. Bronze and silver medal on teams loaded with Bulldogs, no medals with no Bulldog skaters. Hm... ;-)
          I wanna go fast!

Comment

No posts during the entire Western series?? I guess I am guilty as the rest of the regular UMD posters, but I was out of town for a long weekend. Someone in my group still found a way to stream FSN out of state, so got to see Friday win...after Western tied it 3-3, I was concerned, but the boys stayed with it.

SCSU got swept out in Denver and sits last in league. How probable is a UMD sweep in the Granite City this weekend?
            tUMD season ticket holder since 1983-84.

Comment

Originally posted by section16rowA View Post
              No posts during the entire Western series?? I guess I am guilty as the rest of the regular UMD posters, but I was out of town for a long weekend. Someone in my group still found a way to stream FSN out of state, so got to see Friday win...after Western tied it 3-3, I was concerned, but the boys stayed with it.

SCSU got swept out in Denver and sits last in league. How probable is a UMD sweep in the Granite City this weekend?
              I was disapointed that UMD couldn't sweep WMU but coming back down two goals to salvage a tie was great. I wish they would have won the shootout as UMD needs every single point available if they are going to catch UND.

I'd say UMD has a 60% chance of sweeping SCSU. I am just realizing they are 6-10-4 this year...I wrongly assumed they were better.

Always my favorite short trip of the year...although the pending snow storm will make getting there more work. Oh well got my snow tires on and I am ready for it.
              tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

I was feeling regretful for not flying home for my birthday and this weekend’s series to see the fancy newly remodeled HBA, but I guess you’re gettin a ton of snow anyways.
                See you in Denver
                I wanna go fast!

Comment

Frustrating. Two goals off our skates and the only goal ‘Dogs could score was on the power play
                  Last edited by UMD21; 01-17-2020, 10:09 PM.
                  I wanna go fast!

Comment

• Originally posted by UMD21 View Post
                    Frustrating. Two goals off our skates and the only goal ‘Dogs could score was on the power play
                    I watched the game and the entire team looked a little off all game. They generated shots in the 3rd period, but not many in tight. Could have been just me, but it seemed like the bigger rink actually seemed to throw UMD off , which was surprising.

Certainly some bad luck involved with pucks going in off skates, especially the one off of Rosenbaum. Appeared that Shepherd deflected the original shot, which then deflected off of Rosenbaum into the net. The 2nd one off of Hilderman appeared more avoidable as it appeared Hilderman lacked some spacial awareness on the play. With that said, they still only gave up 2 goals and the bigger problem all game was just generating high quality scoring chances.

Comment

Played better on Saturday but couldn't score a goal. Thought we had a good chance to win but it was not to be. Down to 12th in the PariWise and some fans seem to think this team might not make the NCAA tournament. I don't think that's the case but with UND and DU coming they need to get at least a couple of splits or they could put themselves in danger of losing an at large bid.
                      tUMD Hockey

Comment

• Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                        Played better on Saturday but couldn't score a goal. Thought we had a good chance to win but it was not to be. Down to 12th in the PariWise and some fans seem to think this team might not make the NCAA tournament. I don't think that's the case but with UND and DU coming they need to get at least a couple of splits or they could put themselves in danger of losing an at large bid.
                        I didn’t think UMD looked particularly good either night. Something seemed off to me, probably credit to Larson and St Cloud for that. Twitter tough series coming up. Should be a good gauge of how good the team is. While losses won’t help, I’m not sure losses to UND and Denver will be Pairwise killers like losses to lower-ranked teams like St Cloud. Wins would really help. A split vs Denver would give UMD the season series. With only 1 series against UND, getting anything more than a split would be huge, but even a split should help with how highly ranked UND is.

Comment

UMD/UND series will be interesting as I don’t think either team is playing as good as they can be. UND’s defense and goaltending has been off since coming back from Christmas break. It would be pretty hard to be successful against UMD if UND spots the Bulldogs 2 goals to start each game like they did against Miami.

Comment

Originally posted by SiouxFanatic View Post
                            UMD/UND series will be interesting as I don’t think either team is playing as good as they can be. UND’s defense and goaltending has been off since coming back from Christmas break. It would be pretty hard to be successful against UMD if UND spots the Bulldogs 2 goals to start each game like they did against Miami.
                            Still UND has been winning. UMD has had three disappointing games in a row. I thought they had righted the ship but perhaps they need a little bit more work. It's really tough to say what has been going on. We shall see these next two weekends. UND especially will be a tough test.

Originally posted by UMD622 View Post
                            I didn’t think UMD looked particularly good either night. Something seemed off to me, probably credit to Larson and St Cloud for that. Twitter tough series coming up. Should be a good gauge of how good the team is. While losses won’t help, I’m not sure losses to UND and Denver will be Pairwise killers like losses to lower-ranked teams like St Cloud. Wins would really help. A split vs Denver would give UMD the season series. With only 1 series against UND, getting anything more than a split would be huge, but even a split should help with how highly ranked UND is.
                            Agreed with everything you said here.
                            tUMD Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                              Still UND has been winning. UMD has had three disappointing games in a row. I thought they had righted the ship but perhaps they need a little bit more work. It's really tough to say what has been going on. We shall see these next two weekends. UND especially will be a tough test.
                              I could be wrong, but the team seems generally disinterested. If you recorded the game at all, re-watch the first 5-8 minutes of the Saturday game. If UMD plays the way they did to start that game, we're easily a #1 seed in the tourney and as tough a team as there is this year. Puck movement, winning every battle, and gritty in the corners. But for some reason the team just falls out of it and goes into this cycle of going through the motions. It's really starting to get frustrating to watch. I'm hoping it's something isolated and not a true reflection of the attitude of the team. Previous success doesn't guarantee future success.
                              "In heaven there is no beer. NO BEER! That's why we drink it here. RIGHT HERE!"

Comment

Originally posted by dogs2012 View Post
                                I could be wrong, but the team seems generally disinterested. If you recorded the game at all, re-watch the first 5-8 minutes of the Saturday game. If UMD plays the way they did to start that game, we're easily a #1 seed in the tourney and as tough a team as there is this year. Puck movement, winning every battle, and gritty in the corners. But for some reason the team just falls out of it and goes into this cycle of going through the motions. It's really starting to get frustrating to watch. I'm hoping it's something isolated and not a true reflection of the attitude of the team. Previous success doesn't guarantee future success.
                                As difficult as it is to win one title, and even more difficult to win two titles in a row, I think it's exponentially more difficult to win the third. If you look back at the last two teams that had a chance to do so, you'll see that.

The 2003-04 Minnesota team in particular. They were coming off two in a row, with the 2nd championship team even more dominant than their first. They had almost everyone back. There was talk about them going through the season with hardly a loss.

Then they started something like 2-7-1 and never really developed into that dominant team. Starting in late January they went on a couple of winning streaks with games at home, but still suffered the occasional letdown on the road. Once the playoffs started, you could see their interest pick up again, and they rolled through the final five and the first round of the regionals before losing to you guys and Junior Lessard in the regional finals. You could tell that their interest had picked up, but they weren't quite able to "turn it on" and get back to that championship level late in the season.

It'll be interesting to see how UMD does once tournament time rolls around this year.
                                That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Working...
                                X