Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The States: North Dakota? Come On, Ohio Is The Worst State Ever.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The States: North Dakota? Come On, Ohio Is The Worst State Ever.

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
    I'm honestly shocked that refugees from warm weather climates come to this state at all, which is easily >90% of all refugees living here.
    There's a joke that I heard in Denver, that when the Mexicans started moving north, they stopped in that city, and said, "Yeah, this is cold enough for us. It'll do." Hence the large Mexican population there.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
      I'm honestly shocked that refugees from warm weather climates come to this state at all, which is easily >90% of all refugees living here.
      Refugees don't choose where to go. They are assigned. States bid on being the assignments for sweet federal dollars. That is why there are huge numbers of refugees in places like Pigs Knuckle, Arkansas. They don't have any other economy and there are only so many prisons being built, so they solicit contracts for refugee settlement. They beg the feds for the goodies.

If the refugees got to choose they wouldn't be going where they are sent.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        If the refugees got to choose they wouldn't be going where they are sent.
        Except those in the upper midwest. We keep telling you.

Comment

I looked this up but I'm not much wiser. Is it like a tribal HOA?
          Not up on your Lakota language? Oyate is the Lakota word for tribe or family.
          The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
            Not up on your Lakota language? Oyate is the Lakota word for tribe or family.
            So, like "ohana." Got it.
            Cornell University
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
              I mean, they can ask. The GOP can ask a judge to purge all POC, white women who graduated college, and white men who do not score high for sociopathy.

It's only a problem if and when the judge agrees.

We all know the right are Nazis. That's true in CA as much as WI. The question is do the Nazis hold sufficient power to set the agenda? In most of the Slave States, yes. In WI? We'll see.
              “ JUST IN: A Wisconsin judge today found the state's bipartisan elections commission to be in contempt and ordered it to immediately begin removing up to 209,000 names from the state's voter rolls or face fines for each day it doesn't.”

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/478032-wisconsin-judge-fines-state-elections-commission-for-failing-to-remove
              Last edited by Deutsche Gopher Fan; 01-13-2020, 11:44 PM.

Comment

Virginia ratified the Equal Rights Amendment.

This is going to be an interesting fight.

All eyes on this man:
                https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Archiv..._United_States
                Last edited by dxmnkd316; 01-15-2020, 04:28 PM.
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                  Virginia ratified the Equal Rights Amendment.

This is going to be an interesting fight.

All eyes on this man:
                  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Archiv..._United_States
                  Not really, since it had an expiration date. Not sure how the courts interpret that any other way, other than ruling it unconstitutional.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                    Not really, since it had an expiration date. Not sure how the courts interpret that any other way, other than ruling it unconstitutional.
                    It's way more complicated than that.
                    Cornell University

Comment

Virginia has other pressing issues, like the emergency declared because Of the white supremecists and their guns gathering

Comment

It's way more complicated than that.
                        The Justice Department ruled last week it expired.

Of course, it's highly partisan and who knows what the ruling would be if the Dems take over in November.
                        Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Part of the issue is that the other amendments *didn't* have an expiration, isn't it?
                          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                            The Justice Department ruled last week it expired.

Of course, it's highly partisan and who knows what the ruling would be if the Dems take over in November.
                            It would go to the courts, which Dump and Itch have set in stone for the next 20 years.

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                              Part of the issue is that the other amendments *didn't* have an expiration, isn't it?
                              I'd say that's true. Without knowing the history of each amendment, a quick Wiki query shows that with the exception of one, they were all ratified within three years of being introduced. The lone outlier was the 27th regarding congressional salaries that was introduced by the First Congress and took over 200 years. That one clearly didn't have an expiration date, but even if others did, I doubt any of them would have run up against a deadline.
                              Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                                Also an issue of "can they have expiration", since the Constiution doesn't say they should or need to.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                                iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                                gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                                Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                                Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                                TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                                DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Working...
                                X