Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The States: North Dakota? Come On, Ohio Is The Worst State Ever.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The States: North Dakota? Come On, Ohio Is The Worst State Ever.

What's amazing is that she's not who you would have expected this bill to originate from.

A lifelong Chicago Dem? I don't see the benefits this would achieve, and she's even ignored repeated news station inquiries into her thinking.

Hopefully this gets 86'd as fast as the proposed Pay-By-Mile Car Tax a year ago.

Side note, a friend of mine went out to New Jersey last summer to see one of her best friends. The BFF asked my Illinois friend if she knew how to pump gas, because they were travelling out of New Jersey in a rental car, and the New Jersey friend had never pumped gas in her life. Illinois friend about died laughing.
    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      In all of OR, as of 2000, it was illegal to pump your own gas. Apparently some rural eastern counties now have a waiver.

It's a great scam, also enjoyed by NJ and apparently maybe soon IL. Whenever some drunken Dumpy moron lights himself on fire at the pump the church-going-women-with-their-hate-pinched-faces stop worrying about Tide Pods and start campaigning to prevent "not specially trained and licensed professionals" from pumping gas, cuz it's dangerous dontcha know.
      In August of 2001 I was driving through New Jersey for the first time when I stopped at a station to fill up my car. I hopped out and had my hand on the nozzle before the old man could even get off his azz. He's screaming at me, and I have no idea what for. Finally, he tells me "I have to pump it." I was like, "ok, whatever."

He then asks how I intend to pay. I tell him credit card. As I'm standing there he asks for my card. I hand it to him, he runs it through the slide on the pump, then hands it back to me. All I could think is, "you people are morons." I wasn't wrong.
      That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        Yep, first time I got out of my car by habit the attendant froze like he expected me to start spraying bullets. And I knew born and bred Oregonians who were terrified of pumping gas and thought of it as What Is This Sorcery?

It's a funny Bumpkin thing that you'd expect in, I dunno, Iowa.
        By the time I was driving in Oregon I had already experienced it enough while traveling with family that I knew better than to get out.

I can’t imagine living in Vancouver but working in Portland. Having that “oh s-! Which side of the river am I on?” moment anytime you get gas sounds no bueno.
        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
        I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
          In August of 2001 I was driving through New Jersey for the first time when I stopped at a station to fill up my car. I hopped out and had my hand on the nozzle before the old man could even get off his azz. He's screaming at me, and I have no idea what for. Finally, he tells me "I have to pump it." I was like, "ok, whatever."

He then asks how I intend to pay. I tell him credit card. As I'm standing there he asks for my card. I hand it to him, he runs it through the slide on the pump, then hands it back to me. All I could think is, "you people are morons." I wasn't wrong.
          “It’s safer!” is the answer I always got in Oregon.

It made sense at Costco though. Having to swipe the Costco card then the credit card? F-ing confusing!
          U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
          Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
          I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
          But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
          Originally posted by Doyle Woody
          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
            “It’s safer!” is the answer I always got in Oregon.

It made sense at Costco though. Having to swipe the Costco card then the credit card? F-ing confusing!
            If Mississippi can do it, so can New Jersey and Oregon...
            Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
            Originally posted by Quizmire
            mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
            MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
            MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
            I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

The only time I've run into anything like that is the pre-pay pumps (due to drive offs). That was weird, the first time experiencing that (of course, it was in high-crime areas). Never ran into "can't pump your own gas."
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                By the time I was driving in Oregon I had already experienced it enough while traveling with family that I knew better than to get out.

I can’t imagine living in Vancouver but working in Portland. Having that “oh s-! Which side of the river am I on?” moment anytime you get gas sounds no bueno.
                You can tell which side of the river. "Can I smell the paper mill?"
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                  You can tell which side of the river. "Can I smell the paper mill?"
                  Oh, so just like Munising, MI*. An otherwise cute Lake Superior town.

Or Duluth, MN which has always been ugly as sin.

*actually, I think the Munising mill closed a few years back. I'm sure they'll still vote for Dump.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                    Oh, so just like Munising, MI*. An otherwise cute Lake Superior town.

Or Duluth, MN which has always been ugly as sin.

*actually, I think the Munising mill closed a few years back. I'm sure they'll still vote for Dump.
                    You know you're in Duluth when you can smell the paper mill.
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Ahhh, good ol' Verso. I honestly love how gritty it looks/feels. True rust-belt beauty.

Edit: Nevermind. I got it mixed up with the Hibbard renewable energy plant. Yeah, that mill is a monstrosity.
                      Last edited by state of hockey; 02-11-2020, 10:32 PM.
                      the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                        You know you're in Duluth when you can smell the paper mill.
                        Last time I blew through Duluth on I-35, I thought it was a Kimberly-Clark mill. Granted, that was over 10 years ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                          Last time I blew through Duluth on I-35, I thought it was a Kimberly-Clark mill. Granted, that was over 10 years ago.
                          It's Verso. Just when you get out of noseshot of that one, you start smelling the Sappi mill in Cloquet.
                          the state of hockey is good

Comment

For those of you who think Ohio is redeemable, let it go.

I'm all in favor of turning all of Ohio into a lake, calling it Lake Inferior for obvious reasons. This would also make the acronym HOMIES, which sounds awesome.
                            Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                            "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                            Patreon for exclusive writing content
                            Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                              For those of you who think Ohio is redeemable, let it go.

I'm all in favor of turning all of Ohio into a lake, calling it Lake Inferior for obvious reasons. This would also make the acronym HOMIES, which sounds awesome.
                              I let Ohio go immediately after 2016 when they voted for Dump by a 150,000+ margin. Dems should contest there, but should focus the money on WI, MI, and PA.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                                I let Ohio go immediately after 2016 when they voted for Dump by a 150,000+ margin. Dems should contest there, but should focus the money on WI, MI, and PA.
                                And yet, Sherrod Brown? I don't get it either.
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X