Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bottom Feeders 2019-20: Timely Results Are For That "Other" Tournament.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bottom Feeders 2019-20: Timely Results Are For That "Other" Tournament.

I've put the word out that we're looking for refs. Not like a Don Adam or Greg Shepherd ref. We want local yokels who meet the following requirements:

1. Can be paid in cans of Old Milwaukee, Natty Light, Boone's Farm, or other ****ty beer or liquor.
    2. No prior knowledge of hockey.
    3. No prior time on skates.
    4. If they can show up with a few beers in them, that would be fine. If they want to drink on the job, that would be fine too.
    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
    Patreon for exclusive writing content
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
      I've put the word out that we're looking for refs. Not like a Don Adam or Greg Shepherd ref. We want local yokels who meet the following requirements:

1. Can be paid in cans of Old Milwaukee, Natty Light, Boone's Farm, or other ****ty beer or liquor.
      2. No prior knowledge of hockey.
      3. No prior time on skates.
      4. If they can show up with a few beers in them, that would be fine. If they want to drink on the job, that would be fine too.
      Baltimore is covered.
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

And, Marty says "Do not call me late for dinner" and "Do not tell me that I cannot ref the Mt Washington regional."

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
          And, Marty says "Do not call me late for dinner" and "Do not tell me that I cannot ref the Mt Washington regional."
          We did not put this call out at Mt. Washington.
          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

Also, Snively, on the Mountain, there was no one to send the call to. Marty will ref the 3 games at Mt. Washington.

Comment

Excellent. I am sure that deep down, Marty will be pleased, but he just won't show it.

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                Excellent. I am sure that deep down, Marty will be pleased, but he just won't show it.
                As long as 4 teams give him head scratches and belly rubs, I'm sure he'll be fine.

Comment

Shake up in my preseason top 5:

1. UAA
                  2. UAH
                  3. Merrimack
                  4. Ferris State
                  5. Connecticut

Comment

Fade, JJM... I got a call from one Frank Anzalone about wanting to ref the Isle Royale regional.....

Comment

Fade, JJM... I got a call from one Frank Anzalone about wanting to ref the Isle Royale regional.....
                      My favorite FA story.

He's in Columbus in stint #2 and gave this pregame speech.

"OK guys. They have better players than we do. They have better special teams. They have home ice. But I can outcoach John Markell, so we have a chance."

That's the kind of bravado we need running a regional.

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                        My favorite FA story.

He's in Columbus in stint #2 and gave this pregame speech.

"OK guys. They have better players than we do. They have better special teams. They have home ice. But I can outcoach John Markell, so we have a chance."

That's the kind of bravado we need running a regional.
                        Wasn't he a pioneer of pulling the goalie when he was down by a lot?

I'll call him back.

Comment

Any notable UAA/UAF castoffs that can ref the West Regional?

And Lisa Lillien has promised to use fat free cheese when cooking the Futile Four meals.

Comment

Works for me. Sign him up!

Comment

Any notable UAA/UAF castoffs that can ref the West Regional?

And Lisa Lillien has promised to use fat free cheese when cooking the Futile Four meals.
                              I nominate Alaska Governor Mike Dunleavy to take the whistle. Guaranteed he won't go over budget.

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                                I nominate Alaska Governor Mike Dunleavy to take the whistle. Guaranteed he won't go over budget.
                                Ooooh, kinky.

Comment

Working...
                                X