Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bottom Feeders 2019-20: Timely Results Are For That "Other" Tournament.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bottom Feeders 2019-20: Timely Results Are For That "Other" Tournament.

OK. I'm official pumped about the Isle Royale location. This is a dream come true for a Great Lakes gal. I can't wait to attend. But ... oh ... I'm going to be out of town. I'll watch on ESPNU. I love lacrosse.
    Originally posted by mtu_huskies
    "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
    Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
    Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
      Isle Royale for the Midwest??? Perfect! The lodges at Rock Harbor could be broken into for housing. No heat or electricity, but what the heck? its ICE hockey for god's sake. Provide players with a Swedish Pimple to jig for fish for meals. Goalies could jig while in goal. A nice hole in front of the net would prevent crashing the goalies. Maybe the team with the least catches could get a couple extra points.

YES!! The guy who tried to Jet-Ski to Isle Royale this summer would be the perfect tournament host. He knows the waters. Perhaps he could pull a couple of rafts full of players. Of course, they may not make it to the Island ... but the tournament could be held wherever he runs out of gas. For transportation back - Coast Guard rescue - money saved, to pay for Swedish Pimples.
      We're putting them in the woods near Lake Desor. Lodges are too upscale for this tournament.

For the West, a couple people who run orchards in Washington state said we could use their land. But that would give them access to quality food while playing... we don't even want them to have Gatorade.
      Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
      Patreon for exclusive writing content
      Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

by the way, hf, the only way you would be allowed to attend the Isle Royale regional is if you wanted to be a tournament official.
        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

Huskyfan reffing the Lake Desor regional? I might be convinced to approve...

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
            Huskyfan reffing the Lake Desor regional? I might be convinced to approve...
            Let her. We'll give her a nice tent and an air mattress!

Comment

The lodges, are not, lodges, like you might think. They are old, mildew smelling, no phones, TVs, or internet. In the winter the electricity would be off, so no lighting and water, due to the pipes being drained. Basically it would give the teams a roof over their heads. And that's about it.

Since the island is closed in the winter, the rangers won't be about, so no need to worry about entrance fees. With Mr. Jet-Ski hauling rafts of players to the island and the Coast Guard arranging for evacuation cost is zero. I'm assuming Mr. Jet-Ski, with his adventurous attitude will be more than willing to gas up his own Jet-Ski.

Since there will be no spectators, no stands, concessions, tickets, etc - no cost there.

This will be an entirely cost free tournament. Perhaps we can guilt a team doctor into coming along to treat cases of frostbite while the players hike from the shore to Lake Desor.

huskyfan would love to not only organize this tournament and ref it too - skating will be very slow on the rough windrowed ice only one ref will be needed - but most unfortunately, I will be out of town. In Arizona. I suggest doing without refs. They drink up all the profits anyway. Let the game be played, teams can keep track of their own goals and when they are airlifted aboard the Coast Guard chopper and receive medical attention, the team that has lost the least (or should it be most?) amount of fingers and toes to frostbite will be declared the winner.
              Originally posted by mtu_huskies
              "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
              Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
              Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
                The lodges, are not, lodges, like you might think. They are old, mildew smelling, no phones, TVs, or internet. In the winter the electricity would be off, so no lighting and water, due to the pipes being drained. Basically it would give the teams a roof over their heads. And that's about it.

Since the island is closed in the winter, the rangers won't be about, so no need to worry about entrance fees. With Mr. Jet-Ski hauling rafts of players to the island and the Coast Guard arranging for evacuation cost is zero. I'm assuming Mr. Jet-Ski, with his adventurous attitude will be more than willing to gas up his own Jet-Ski.

Since there will be no spectators, no stands, concessions, tickets, etc - no cost there.

This will be an entirely cost free tournament. Perhaps we can guilt a team doctor into coming along to treat cases of frostbite while the players hike from the shore to Lake Desor.

huskyfan would love to not only organize this tournament and ref it too - skating will be very slow on the rough windrowed ice only one ref will be needed - but most unfortunately, I will be out of town. In Arizona. I suggest doing without refs. They drink up all the profits anyway. Let the game be played, teams can keep track of their own goals and when they are airlifted aboard the Coast Guard chopper and receive medical attention, the team that has lost the least (or should it be most?) amount of fingers and toes to frostbite will be declared the winner.
                This venue is beginning to sound as daunting as the summit of Mt Washington!

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                  This venue is beginning to sound as daunting as the summit of Mt Washington!
                  We want them as miserable as possible.

There were multiple complaints from all four East regional teams last season, but as long as Marty was pleased, we don't care. I am so close to putting the East regional in Mt. Washington again, but I want it super miserable in March. Snow and blowing winds, no porta johns, a pregame meal of tripe with powdered Hollandaise.... if you all can hook that up, there's five cans of Star Kist in it for Marty.

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                    We want them as miserable as possible.

There were multiple complaints from all four East regional teams last season, but as long as Marty was pleased, we don't care. I am so close to putting the East regional in Mt. Washington again, but I want it super miserable in March. Snow and blowing winds, no porta johns, a pregame meal of tripe with powdered Hollandaise.... if you all can hook that up, there's five cans of Star Kist in it for Marty.
                    Hey, Marty is looking forward to reffing again on his summit this spring. But, shhh, no need to mention five cans, as he will work for three cans of tuna, one fur each game.

Comment

JJM, I called Topsham, Maine about hosting the NOWINS Classic there. They said they would, and they have creative methods for keeping people away. The local theater troupe said they'd be happy to BE the instant replay, too.

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                        JJM, I called Topsham, Maine about hosting the NOWINS Classic there. They said they would, and they have creative methods for keeping people away. The local theater troupe said they'd be happy to BE the instant replay, too.
                        I've been in contact with an expressionist performing group from outside Montreal that is also interested in interpretive replay. Dueling performances would be interesting.

We need to work on cutting that phone line to Topsham if they're serious about hosting though. Too much potential for information leaking.

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                          I've been in contact with an expressionist performing group from outside Montreal that is also interested in interpretive replay. Dueling performances would be interesting.

We need to work on cutting that phone line to Topsham if they're serious about hosting though. Too much potential for information leaking.
                          While you're doing that, I've been calling Asian buffets that were closed for a week or so to provide the food.

Comment

Tentative locations:

East: Mt. Washington, NH
                            Midwest: Isle Royale, MI
                            West: Edmond, OK
                            South: we still don't know

NO WINS Classic: Topsham, ME

Futile Four: Baltimore City, MD

Comment

South Regional bid has been received from Sunshine Skate Center in Mobile, Alabama. Reviews show it is right in the wheelhouse for Bottom Feeder action.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/sunshine-skate-center-mobile-2

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                                South Regional bid has been received from Sunshine Skate Center in Mobile, Alabama. Reviews show it is right in the wheelhouse for Bottom Feeder action.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/sunshine-skate-center-mobile-2
                                Okay, we'll go here.

Comment

Working...
                                X