Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bottom Feeders 2019-20: Timely Results Are For That "Other" Tournament.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bottom Feeders 2019-20: Timely Results Are For That "Other" Tournament.

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
    As always, I wish to suggest an outdoor location. On one of the Great Lakes. Water may or may not be frozen. Locations can be found that are only snowmobile accessible. hmm, though that could add to the expense, unless we had willing volunteers. Lakes would have no boards, stands, nets, food and most likely no spectators. Ice conditions, if there is ice, are most likely terrible, bumpy, windrows, possible ice volcanoes, its possible teams could be skating at a slight uphill or downhill. Special penalties in place for breaking through the ice. Granted this would favor smaller players, but who cares? If location has no ice, players would exchange skates for water shoes and play would be in knee deep water. First team with a man down to hypothermia loses. Or is it wins?
    How about deep on Isle Royale? We can get them there, but they're responsible for getting off the island.
    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
    Patreon for exclusive writing content
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
      How about deep on Isle Royale? We can get them there, but they're responsible for getting off the island.
      Lake Desor? And make them stay in pup tents at the North Lake Desor campsite.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
        Lake Desor? And make them stay in pup tents at the North Lake Desor campsite.
        I LOVE IT! We'll have the Midwest regional here.
        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

We'll get the tents from Army surplus. 😁

Comment

Travel will be by Jet Ski from Grand Portage. I know just the guy to lead the way.

https://www.duluthnewstribune.com/ne...ale-on-Jet-Ski

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
              Travel will be by Jet Ski from Grand Portage. I know just the guy to lead the way.

https://www.duluthnewstribune.com/ne...ale-on-Jet-Ski
              Just one jet ski, right? We can't afford a fleet of them.

Comment

Just one jet ski, right? We can't afford a fleet of them.
                One at a time, navigating the ice floes that will be present in March.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                  One at a time, navigating the ice floes that will be present in March.
                  Can't you tow them on an inner tube or skis?
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids
                  5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                  1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                    Can't you tow them on an inner tube or skis?
                    That would be too efficient and much like that "other" tournament.

Comment

That would be too efficient and much like that "other" tournament.
                      Ok. One ski and a tube with a leak. Give them the other ski and a patch kit. It's survival of the fittest, folks!!
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                        Ok. One ski and a tube with a leak. Give them the other ski and a patch kit. It's survival of the fittest, folks!!
                        Patch kits are too expensive. Duct tape!

Comment

Patch kits are too expensive. Duct tape!
                          Duct tape is too high class for an event of this caliber.
                          U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                          Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                          I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                          But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                          Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                            FlexSeal?
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                              Scotch tape.

Comment

I can get Scotch tape in bulk at Sam's Club.

Comment

Working...
                                X